First Time at Pop Century- Questions

Disneykidder

I stayed there once and if I were to ever stay in a value again, this and AoA (because it is new) would be my only choices. The resort was fun, but crowded. The larger than life icons were cool. The food court was very good and I liked the Everything Pop merchandise store they had. The resort does not share a bus with another resort so it isn't so bad. We waited some times and some times just walked right on. The rooms were clean and neat and comfortable for the 3 of us who traveled (before my tow youngest kiddies were born). We met other family members there and we had an adjoining room with the three of them and it made the room seem rather large.

Have fun!!:)

HollyAD

Love Pop! I have only had one minor bus issue during one of the busiest times of the year. The theming is cute, the pool area is fun, but I have seen that the good menu now is just so so. However you can walk over to AoA and eat which I have heard is really good. Pop is the best of the value resorts in my opinion. Besides AoA, it's a little newer and around the same price as the other value resorts. I also enjoyed the free activities there for my son like the pool games and movies outside at night.

DDuckFan130

We ALWAYS stayed at Pop. In the past few years the only deviations from Pop were AKL (got a great deal for my birthday in January) and sometimes POR. However, this past trip may have been our last trip to Pop for a while if we can afford to go moderate.

Mind you, we go a lot and really don't care to look at the "maintenance" issues unless they're blatant. And boy were they blatant. The wallpaper in the bathrooms were in disrepair somewhat, and I forget what my dad mentioned but he wasn't happy either. It's certainly starting to show its age.

The food court? I'm still mourning the loss of my amazing chicken penne alfredo. That was a shock to me as we got there late on a Friday night and I had no idea what to eat (we opted for a large pizza). Anyway, the one good thing they do offer is at breakfast, which is the biscuits and gravy with eggs. The new menu is all a matter of taste, but I'm not a fan of the new options.

I will say that I love the bus transportation for Pop. They don't share with any other hotels and we never have to wait too long. Pop is also pretty centrally located and get to the parks quickly, especially DHS.

Overall, it really is better than what I have said lol. I just think the time has come for us to move on. But I'm sure you'll have fun. The decor all around the resort is great, the pools are great, etc. But like I said, we may have outgrown it and there's no way we'll ever go back to the All Stars. Maybe we'll be able to do AoA (when the Little Mermaid section is actually available). But until then, it's moderate resorts all the way for us. We're giving CSR another try in a couple of weeks :)

Have fun!

Tinkerbell 8

Pop is one of my favorite resorts on property. I love the theme and the larger than life icons, and I love looking at all the things they have displayed in the lobby, its fun to see some of the old toys I played with, and when my aunt and uncle came to our resort to look around, they had some great stories of all their old toys and clothes. I've stayed in the 50's section, the 60's section and the 90's section and I loved all three of them. Even though its a pretty big resort, each section is pretty close to everything so that's always a plus. My aunt stayed with me and my ex DH and she had an ECV and the three of us and the ECV fit into the room with space left over. Our last trip we were in one of the updated rooms (I think they have all been updated by now) and I liked the curtain they added between the sinks/rest of the room and also the fridge. The transportation is great, I never had an issue, a few times my ex DH and I were the only people on the bus going to/from the park. I also love the pool bar, they make some delicious drinks, and I loved the food court (haven't been there since they changed the menu). As awesome as AOA looks, I'm a little sad that they never built the other half of Pop, I think it would have been pretty cool. I would continue to stay at Pop, but my bf is now a fan of the moderates and we are trying a deluxe this fall which I'm sure we're going to love, but I would always choose Pop if I were to go without him.

jw24

What are the Pros? Good decoration and aesthetics, cheaper than most resorts, get your own bus, rooms are nice, different pool designs

What are the Cons? Small rooms, noisy at times, a little more expensive than the All-Stars, can be crowded

Good or Bad Bus Transportation? Great! You don't share a bus at all! Wait times are pretty normal for the most part. At least that was the case when I went.

How is the food court? Ate their food once before they changed the menu. It was okay. But the AOA food court is walking distance and my understanding is that the AOA food court is the best out of all of the value resort food courts.

Brickcity Pauly

I've stayed at POP twice. While the rooms can be a little small, they're no smaller than any of the Value Resort rooms, as far as I know. My biggest con, would be the small beds, but you'll find those at all the Value and most of the moderate resorts.
The pools at the pop are great. Love the hippy dippy pool (good music, activities for the kids, Petals pool bar)...but if you like a quieter pool atmosphere, there are 2 other choices. I really like the food court as well, as good as it gets for counter service menu items. Their breakfasts are great (LOVE the bounty platter) and they have a large selection of beverages and snacks as well. The gift shop is GREAT, as is the fast forward arcade. The staff there is always friendly and I love sitting around hourglass lake in the morning or at night.

For our next trip, I'm going to try to stay at the Contemporary for a night or two, and then POFQ for the rest of the stay, but this is only because I'm looking to try out other places...there is NOTHING wrong with Pop!

bethymouse

POP is the best of the values IMHO. Never a problem at all! I love the towel animals mousekeeping leaves you.:)
The Hippie Dippie pool is nice. We stayed near the Big Wheel, I believe it's the 70's section. The food court is mixed in w/ the merchandise are "Everything POP". Typical food court food really, but not bad.
The buses weren't an issue at all.
If I had to stay @ a value again it'd be POP or AOA.;)

popcenturylover

We stayed at POP in 09' & we had a split stay at AOA/POP last September. We love both! Buses were good at both although, better at POP! Food is good at both but, AOA has some more unique options. Will be back again but, since AOA isn't included in any promotions since we got free dining we probably won't be back for a while. We decided to try a moderate for our trip in December.

disney4life2008

POP is my favorite value resort. While the majority on here will promote AOA - I went there in May and it was too steel for me (meaning it lacks the value feel the others have). The pool area and grounds are stunning though. Food court is bad. But back to POP - for me, no cons.

steviej

I usually stay at dvc resorts whenever I went with my parents or go with my fiancée's parents (both sets are members), I stayed at pop when it was a buddy of mine and I a couple years ago and had a blast!

Would definitely recommend it!

draybook

For our first two on-site trips we stayed at Pop. We loved it. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the tiny difference in price to bump up to POFQ we'd go back there. If we go back to Values it will be Pop(after 1 trip to AoA).

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I've stayed at Pop more than any other resort on property.
The atmosphere is fun and it's much nicer than the All-Stars, in my opinion.
The food is limited to the food court, but since the past few times I've stayed there I think the food offerings have been improved.
The Everything Pop Shop is bigger and carries a bit of a wider selection than All-Stars' gift shops.
I think it's undoubtedly the best value option (with AoA being the only exception because it's so new).
:)

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
What are the Pros? For a Disney property the price is good. It is easy to find your way around. Food court was ok, nothing great. Check in was very quick and smooth. Staff was helpful. Hippity Dippity pool
What are the Cons? Noisy, dirty and dingy both inside and out. There was trash behind bushes, vomit on stairs, gum stuck in places. It didn't seem up to Disney standards to us.
Good or Bad Bus Transportation? Centralized loading point was packed near opening and peak times. We weren't bit fans.
How is the food court? I expected more based upon reviews but it wasn't bad.
This has been my family's only deviation from staying at CBR. We were there for 3 days only. We didn't care for the resort as a whole and don't plan on booking there again.

Dads 2 Boys

Stayed there three straight trips and loved it each time. I didn't see the filth that some said they have seen and I must be a lucky one because I haven't heard the noise that many said as well. Then again, this past trip with my best friend, he snored so loud that people @ AoA probably complained. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom