First Piece of the Wand for sale on Ebay

CrashNet

Its his, and its being used for someone else's profit. You think that's OK?
I'm just a little surprised that someone would get this offended over a picture on an Ebay auction. If it was an exclusive photo of mine and I was using it on a site or trying to sell it, I'd be concerned, yes. The poor guy runs a google search and finds a picture to use so people know what he's talking about and he gets chastized for it. Its a ridiculous witch hunt. What next: sue google for indexing the photo?

The best way to prevent this is to 1) Watermark the image or 2) No longer post photos. Once its out here, there is no way to know where it will go, as this case has easily shown. Unless you can honestly tell me he feels cheated out of profits over the photo, there's really no reason to worry about it. Life is too short to worry about such small things. :)

WDWFigment

Odd. I didn't have any problem with them responding (and by that I mean dealing with) any of the two similar issues I've had in the past.

Maybe it depends on the severity of the issue. I've reported people for keyword spamming roughly six times in the past (after I add the auctions to my watch list to see if anything happens). Never have I received a response from eBay, and only once has the auction title been changed.

Eyorefan

Its his, and its being used for someone else's profit. You think that's OK?

I don't know. I can see both sides of this one. I can understand where Merf is coming from. It is his photo. If someone is going to be using a picture, of anything on their website or ebay auction and it's not theirs, they should at the very least have the decentcy credit where they got the picture from.

On the other hand, they aren't selling the picture. They aren't making a profit because of the picture so while it would irk me to see a photo of mine show up on something like this, I wouldn't loss too much sleep over it.

As far as people paying that much money for the things. They aren't everywhere, yes you can buy things like that at every craft store, but those havn't been on the wand at Epcot. I don't have that kind of money so no, I didn't bid on it, but I can see why people would.

Thessair

Maybe it depends on the severity of the issue. I've reported people for keyword spamming roughly six times in the past (after I add the auctions to my watch list to see if anything happens). Never have I received a response from eBay, and only once has the auction title been changed.

That could very well be it. Both of my issues (from the same guy no less) were stealing images I had made for auctions.

fyn

I don't know. I can see both sides of this one. I can understand where Merf is coming from. It is his photo. If someone is going to be using a picture, of anything on their website or ebay auction and it's not theirs, they should at the very least have the decentcy credit where they got the picture from.

On the other hand, they aren't selling the picture. They aren't making a profit because of the picture so while it would irk me to see a photo of mine show up on something like this, I wouldn't loss too much sleep over it.

As far as people paying that much money for the things. They aren't everywhere, yes you can buy things like that at every craft store, but those havn't been on the wand at Epcot. I don't have that kind of money so no, I didn't bid on it, but I can see why people would.

They don't have to *sell* the picture to use it to make a profit. They're using it to advertise their product, without permission.

To answer Crashnet's question about suing Google, if google used the photo to advertise a product, then yes, you could sue them.

Eyorefan

They don't have to *sell* the picture to use it to make a profit. They're using it to advertise their product, without permission.

To answer Crashnet's question about suing Google, if google used the photo to advertise a product, then yes, you could sue them.

You're right they are and that is why I said I see where Merf is coming from. I can see why he is upset and I don't blame him for telling them to take it down.

I just don't know how seriously I would take it if I were in the same situation.

CThaddeus

I collect napkins from the Disney Parks. I'm starting the bidding for an official Disneyland napkin for only $50, a California Adventure one for $40, and a Disney World one for $75. Any takers?

lilclerk

:lol: My boyfriend said on our next trip, we should collect some garbage from WDW and sell it. We'd be set for life!

dave2822

I collect napkins from the Disney Parks. I'm starting the bidding for an official Disneyland napkin for only $50, a California Adventure one for $40, and a Disney World one for $75. Any takers?

Because of the "Disney Parks" promotion, aren't they all the same :lookaroun

You crafty businessman you ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom