First park you go to?

DisJosh

Ok I guess I'll be the weirdo of the bunch... I always go to MGM first. It was the first park in WDW that I ever went to and continues to be my first stop on every trip. :)

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Re: AK?

Originally posted by disneyprep50321

What's wrong with Animal Kingdom?!

In my opinion, it's the weakest of the parks, to date. Until Beastly Kingdom is added and other more interesting attractions are put in, it'll remain the weakest.

DisJosh

Re: Re: AK?

Originally posted by SilentRascal

In my opinion, it's the weakest of the parks, to date. Until Beastly Kingdom is added and other more interesting attractions are put in, it'll remain the weakest.

Weak is not at all a good word to use with DAK. It obviously has the best and most detailed theming(obviously I'm not refering to select parts of Dinoland) of the three parks, it's got TONS of room to expand, and has the most potential. Before DAK opened eveyone was saying the same about MGM...not enough attractions. Well MGM is only a few rides stronger than it was before DAK opened and no one complains now. Just give DAK some time and give the imagineers some credit for its great looks and even better atmosphere. :)

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Re: AK?

Originally posted by DisJosh

Weak is not at all a good word to use with DAK. It obviously has the best and most detailed theming(obviously I'm not refering to select parts of Dinoland) of the three parks, it's got TONS of room to expand, and has the most potential. Before DAK opened eveyone was saying the same about MGM...not enough attractions. Well MGM is only a few rides stronger than it was before DAK opened and no one complains now. Just give DAK some time and give the imagineers some credit for its great looks and even better atmosphere. :)

Weak, IMO, is a good word to use for AK at this time. It has the typical great Disney theming, but is hardly the best. Magic Kingdom has the best theming of the parks, obviously. Sure, AK has room to expand, but what they do with any expansion is what's important. They may put in some more lame shows instead of rides, or more meet & greet crap.

Carl

I arrive around noon, so

I ask the person at check in which parks are the most crowded... then I go to the one that ISN'T.
It usually turns out to be Epcot or Animal Kingdom.
Also, I like to kind of save MK as a "dessert."

PuertoRekinSam

I've gotta ride the WDWRR first on any trip I go to. I've go to the magic kingdom just to ride the train and then head over to Epcot. Cause remember, It all may have begun with a mouse, but the idea for the parks begain with the carolwood express.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I do MK first, but only because we have a tradition to eat at the Libraty Tree Tavern on the first night at WDW. I think we spend maybe 2-3 hours in the park other than eating. I'd rather spend my time at Epcot and World Showcase or Animal Kingdom.

Belle13

It really depends on which day we get there and at what time. If it is Saturday, we usually do Epcot 1st. We did MGM 1st last time on a Thursday. It really just depends!

Chris

Without a doubt it is MK. We always go there first. It really gets us in the Disney spirit. I have made 17 trips to WDW since 1990 and have started everyone at the MK. I cannot imagine starting anywhere else. We also always end our trips at the MK.

Since we always stay at the Yacht Club and get in around 2:00pm, the first stop is always the Disney Studios. Go right to the RnR ride then on the ToT. Our first full day is always spent at MK however. Going again in 5 weeks. Looking for some restaurant ideas other than those at EPCOT. Any suggestions?

Terp02

As for the first park we usually go to, we used to go to the Disney Studios first, but last year we went to the Animal Kingdom since we had never been there before. I personally like the Animal Kingdom as a first place to go, especially if you get there early in the afteroon; not a lot of people are there and you can hit all the rides, and around 4:30/5 or so the safari is amazing. That's when we went on it one of the times, and it was AMAZING, we saw almost all of the animals.

As for good places to eat outside of Epcot, the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness is a good and fun place to eat, especially if you get the all you can eat sampler. Spoodles on the Boardwalk is good as well.

-Josh

TIGGERNUT

Over the years my wife and I have developed a tradition. I don't know how it started. The first park we go to is Magic Kingdom, first ride is the Haunted Mansion. In all of our trips this has been the same!

Beauty and the

We usually head to Epcot to ride Spaceship earth, then take the boat to MGM to do TOT and R'n'R, then back to Epcot for the illuminations. We always end our holiday at MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom