First night of Honeymoon: Is Narcoossee's worth 2 dining credits?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
yikes. now i'm worried the meal will be ruined by a grumpy boyfriend. we ate at mama melrose 2 years ago and we wanted something new, and I had really bad food experience at Sci Fi a few years back. so with those 2 out and brown derby being 2 TS credits and H&V being characters...50's is all we had for DHS. Hmmm well maybe he can just deal with it while I enjoy myself. haha.

H&V isn't characters after 3pm. It also happens to be one of my favorite dinner buffets. If it comes down between 50s and H&V I have a really hard time deciding.

plaz10

H&V isn't characters after 3pm. It also happens to be one of my favorite dinner buffets. If it comes down between 50s and H&V I have a really hard time deciding.

After that...I looked up some menus and I'm not wild about the buffet. I personally really want food from 50's. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully the wait staff will see his lack of enthusiasm and back of a bit. If not, I can laugh at him! :lol:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
After that...I looked up some menus and I'm not wild about the buffet. I personally really want food from 50's. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully the wait staff will see his lack of enthusiasm and back of a bit. If not, I can laugh at him! :lol:
Who knows... He might secretly love the attention and getting in on the action! :king:

stlbobby

Narcoossee's is one of the most romantic restaurants on property and perfect for a honeymoon.

I personally would drop Y&Y.

If you have a youngster that may be frightened of characters CP is a good place to go. The Pooh characters are generally smaller and less imposing, and much calmer than most.

Finbally, if you do Sci-Fi, go for a burger. It is what they do well. I read a lot of bad reviews for Sci-Fi, and while I won't say it is the best on property you can definitely get a good burger there.

I think a lot of places fall into the trap of trying to offer too broad a menu and end up with a few substandard dishes. My advice is to always order the specialty or what the place is known for. That's what they have perfected.

irmonkey

My wife and I celebrated the first night of our honeymoon there on 9/5/2009. Was a great choice!

Though I was really happy with all of the dining options we chose except for Rose & Crown... That place made Long John Silvers seem tasty.

I wanted to eat at 50s but my wife didn't want to so we compromised on Yak & Yeti. I was very surprised and happy of our compromise.

Fashionista007

As I'm sitting here planning out the dining for our Honeymoon this September, I was considering trading out 2 of our DDP TS credits for Narcoossee's. After looking at all of the Signature Dining location menus, the filet medallions and lobster tail looks amazing.

When are you going in September? We'll be down from the 19th - 25th. If you see us, stop and say hi! :wave:

I have one of my best childhood memories from Narcoossee's. My sister was upset because we had missed Fantasy In The Sky that night and my Dad made a joke and said we could get a costume for her and rig up a zip line from her bedroom window to the tree in the front yard when we got home :ROFLOL: We had a good laugh over it. Anyway...the food was great too, definitely worth 2 credits.

wizards8507

I'd suggest dumping Crystal Palace AND Yak & Yeti and throwing Boma on for your Animal Kingdom dinner. In my opinion, Boma is easily the best (and most satisfying) meal you'll get for 1 dining credit.

Est1971

I would suggest getting a ressie around the time of Wishes, they play the audio of the show and you can request to sit by the windows or even walk out to the boat launch! One of my fav places to watch Wishes only after California Grill, that i would HIGHLY recommend over Narcooses. I've been to both... We go to Cali Grill every trip!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't explain with words how amazing it is to see Wishes up there, you have to witness it urself!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom