First MNSSHP advice needed!!!!!

mf1972

C5B5F3D5-8B8C-4CC6-95AA-71D33A2DF9FB.jpeg
B4329C85-65B7-4E6B-8913-09EEAA6AA21B.jpeg
E8C88A11-0481-4429-A585-2B7BABB92C98.jpeg

these are from last years party. i did see the skellington cake pop at sleepy hollow. never found out where you can get the HM tarts or mickey pumpkin cheesecake from

Magical Mermaid 89

Original Poster
Do you have memory maker? We found having this was awesome for the party! I think we took 200+ photos on our memory maker at the party alone. well worth the money!

Yes we do have the memory maker. We had it on our last trip and it was well worth the money. I loved all the pictures and the videos we got. I can’t wait to see the exclusive Halloween party pictures

Tom 55

I go down to DW in September most years. Have been to MNSSHP many times. My birthday is 10/31. My suggestions. Dont buy a park ticket the day you go to party. You can enter at 4pm with party ticket. Save some money. Some night the party is sold out and park is full. Being 9/11 is a Tuesday it should not be bad. Great parade and many people line up to see it. So less are out doing the rides. Lines are less. It is hard to do all the things on one night. So you have to choose what is most important. I usally do not do much trick or treating. Go to the later parade and spend the time of the early with the meet and greets and rides.

Magical Mermaid 89

Original Poster
I go down to DW in September most years. Have been to MNSSHP many times. My birthday is 10/31. My suggestions. Dont buy a park ticket the day you go to party. You can enter at 4pm with party ticket. Save some money. Some night the party is sold out and park is full. Being 9/11 is a Tuesday it should not be bad. Great parade and many people line up to see it. So less are out doing the rides. Lines are less. It is hard to do all the things on one night. So you have to choose what is most important. I usally do not do much trick or treating. Go to the later parade and spend the time of the early with the meet and greets and rides.

Yes luckily I read up on that because we bought our party tickets and didn’t buy a park ticket for that day. I think I want to do the later parade and the 12:00 A.M. Hocus Pocus show. I don’t think I planned on trick or treating at all. I want to focus on meeting the characters we want to see and definitely ride haunted mansion

LUVofDIS

I also really want to meet the seven dwarfs but I read that there line is sometimes a 3 hour wait and I don’t want to spend the whole time standing in line.

Sorry, been away for a week. The Seven Dwarfs can be a long wait, if you want to meet both Jack and Sally and if they are out, get in line for them at 4:30, they should be in Liberty Square, it is possible to get done with them in less than an hour. Scoot over to Storybook and get in line for the Dwarfs, though the line usually gets started around 6:00. Depending where you are in the line it shouldn't be too long. Be aware, Snow White hasn't been with the Seven Dwarfs for a few years now.

Dressing up is awesome, you will have more fun. I personally haven't seen Cruella Deville other than in the Hocus Pocus show and the Boo-Too-You parade. So I am not sure where she meets and greets.

The Haunted Mansion wait varies through the night. But I haven't seen it have anything longer than 45 minute wait. It has been a low as 10 minutes.

For me, the best viewing location for the parade is on Main Street and on the corner by Casey's. I feel it is the best lighting and most open spot. Liberty Square is nice also and will be the soonest viewing of the parade. If you want Main Street than you need to get a spot at least 45 minutes before. Also note that after the Headless Horseman gallops by you will wait about 20 minutes before the parade gets to you. You will be entertained by the Zootopia characters though. If you are in Liberty Square it will take less time for the parade to start. The Cast Members guarding the walkway can be entertaining while waiting there.

Do they still have the ghost actress on the HM lawn? She is a lot of fun.

Yes, Madam Carlotta and Rinata are there and are awesome, the butler is there most of the time also.

I assume the exclusive party meet and greets require a party wrist band earlier on whilst all the other people are still in the park until they get kicked out so not just anyone can line up?

Also someone mentioned jack... as in sparrow!? :)

Yes, you need a wrist band to get into line even before 7:00. Jack Sparrow is in Adventureland during the party and is the second to third longest line. The Jack people were referring to though is Jack Skellington.

I am all about the snacks at Disney. Any suggestions on ones I should try?

I was not impressed with the HM treats, they are awesome in presentation but lack in flavor for me. Plus, if I remember correctly, you had to go to different locations if you wanted them all. My favorite was the pumpkin spice ice cream with Mickey waffles. I can't get enough of that. That is sold at Sleepy Hallow.

Yay!!! We’ll be there on 9/11/18 I’m super excited for it. Good to know I probably won’t wait for the Dwarfs

We were there last year in the middle of September and went on a Sunday and Friday, believe it or not the Friday was a little less busy. Tuesday is probably the best day of the week to go.

Yes luckily I read up on that because we bought our party tickets and didn’t buy a park ticket for that day. I think I want to do the later parade and the 12:00 A.M. Hocus Pocus show. I don’t think I planned on trick or treating at all. I want to focus on meeting the characters we want to see and definitely ride haunted mansion

That is a wise suggestion about the ticket. The later parade sometimes has less people, I stress sometimes. The last showing of the stage show has always been less crowded for us.

To me, trick-or-treating is a total waste of time for the party, the amount of wait time to the amount of candy is terrible. Buy a few bags at the store and be done with it.

NRL2003

My favorite part, other than the fireworks and parade (which I am not normally a parade person but love Boo To You) is Carlotta and Rinata. I just love them and always make sure to spend time with them. They are so funny and are very interactive with the crowd that forms.

I haven't been to a Halloween party in about 6 years, I believe. I'm super excited, but feeling nervous as I'm trying to do a lot of things.

How early does party merchandise typically sell out? Should I go as early in the night as I can, or will items still be available later in the evening?

Also, how consistently are magic shots still available at the end of the night? (I'm hoping to do some of the ones near the front of the park, like the Headless Horseman at the entrance and Main Street Haunted Mansion shots) after the final Hocus Pocus show).

LUVofDIS

How early does party merchandise typically sell out? Should I go as early in the night as I can, or will items still be available later in the evening?

It may depend on when you go, we have always gone in mid to late September and even late into the night we were still able to score a Boogie Woogie popcorn holder. We don't buy a lot of merch though so I am not sure what else would sell out.

I have seen the photographers while leaving at the end of the night and I mean the end of the night, so I would think that would be the same this year.

It may depend on when you go, we have always gone in mid to late September and even late into the night we were still able to score a Boogie Woogie popcorn holder. We don't buy a lot of merch though so I am not sure what else would sell out.

I have seen the photographers while leaving at the end of the night and I mean the end of the night, so I would think that would be the same this year.

Thanks for the response! I’ll see how crowded I think it is - but I’m going on Sept 9. So hopefully not crowded enough that merch will sell out immediately or I can’t snap a few magic shots.

KikoKea

The Headless Horseman rides the parade route about 10-15 minutes before the parade starts, so be sure to be in place early. First parade is crowded, so find a spot early. Second parade is not so crowded and is well worth a second viewing. I suggest watching the 2nd parade in the hub, and then hang around for the last Sanderson Sisters show at midnight. It is easy to get close to the stage then.

They've added a few pirates to the PoC ride during the party, one in search of a scalawag, who appears in the ride itself, yelling at the people in boats, so you might want to ride PoC- it's a fun place to be on party nights.

We also enjoy Space Mt on party nights, since the lines usually aren't too bad and both sides are open. There's supposed to be new music and lights for the party, but our kids said there wasn't ANY lights, so they might have been having problems that night. (We were watching the baby and did not get a chance to ride:()

If you want to buy party merchandise, I would suggest you be near a party merchandise location at 7pm and get in line early. In the past parties we've attended, the lines tend to get long as the night wears on, but are usually short early on.

Wear a costume and be sure it is comfortable and cool, if the weather is going to be warm. And, be sure to break in your shoes! My daughter in law had a cute Pikachu costume, including yellow sneakers. Problem was, they were new and not an hour had gone by and she had a blister. Luckily, her sister had a pair of flip flops with her in the bottom of the stroller.

If you need a break, the Philarmagic theater is a Trick or Treat station, and they show a few old Disney movies, like Ichabod Crane and the old Dancing Skeleton cartoon. Theater is pretty dark and it is a blast to watch the shows on the huge screen.

Like the others, I would not waste time on things you can do on other days that are not party related. You can ride Dumbo any time, but you can't see the Headless Horseman except at the party! Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom