First MNSSHP advice needed!!!!!

Magical Mermaid 89

Original Poster
Hey everyone so it is my first time going to the Halloween Party this year and I’m just trying to get an idea of the must do’s people suggest. It’s just my fiancé and I so we are very flexible.

AndyS2992

-Dress up
-Go ‘trick or treating’
-Watch the exclusive castle stage show
-Watch the exclusive parade
-Watch the exclusive fireworks
-Go to the Tomorrowland dance party
-Meet and greet with characters dressed up for Halloween
-Ride the Haunted Mansion over and over
-Ride the other rides with smaller waits than usual
-Buy exclusive merchandise and snacks

That’s pretty much it.

Last edited:

mf1972

we’ve done the halloween party a few times. it gets more crowded there the close it gets to 10/31. they’ve been offering special snacks/treats recently suck as candy corn flavored soft serve & cotton candy, & i think they had mini mickey pumpkin waffles last year at sleepy hollow.
it’s a lot of fun. the parade & fireworks are worth seeing. have a good time 🎃👻

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
The unique meet and greets are very popular, and you will likely wait longer than you would for regular meet and greets. If any of them appeal to you, decide which one you want to see most and make sure to do that first, or you may not find time to partake in the other special offerings.

LUVofDIS

Get there no later than 4PM. Personally I wouldn't waste a lot of time with rides, especially if you want to do the two big meet and greets. I would suggest eating before the party officially starts. We have done BOG. Three rides will be dressed up this year for the parties, they might be worth checking out.

Jack and Sally are over in Liberty Square, people start lining up usually around 4:30, they start greeting usually at 5. The Seven Dwarfs are in Storybook, they start meeting between 6 and 6:30.

There are many characters you don't normally see and even the ones you can see on a non party day will be dressed in their Halloween finest.

We only do one or two meet and greets a party and sometimes none.

There are two showings of the greatest parade ever, if you don't care for parades I think you will still love this one. I tell people to see the first one because if you fall in love with it you can see the second. The second does tend to have a smaller crowd but I will warn you, last year the second parade was packed for both nights we attended and it was the third week in September.

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular is an awesome stage show and worth seeing. if you choose to do the second parade, it is right after Hallo Wishes and just before the second Boo-Too-You parade. If you plan it right you can watch all three with very little walking. But is also performed twice a night.

There are other things like dance party's and meet-n-greets like Captain Jack and such but the above is the main attractions.

The only ride that is not to be missed would be of course, The Haunted Mansion. Madam Carlotta and Rinata are very entertaining, we even had a run in with them on the streets and they were very engaging. They are a lot of fun. There is also a meet-n-greet with the hitchhiking ghosts from the ride here.

We love this party and are planning to go again in the end of September. I use to go to these parties so that I would have less wait to get on the rides, now I go to this one and the Christmas one for the added holiday attractions.

Magical Mermaid 89

Original Poster
Get there no later than 4PM. Personally I wouldn't waste a lot of time with rides, especially if you want to do the two big meet and greets. I would suggest eating before the party officially starts. We have done BOG. Three rides will be dressed up this year for the parties, they might be worth checking out.

Jack and Sally are over in Liberty Square, people start lining up usually around 4:30, they start greeting usually at 5. The Seven Dwarfs are in Storybook, they start meeting between 6 and 6:30.

There are many characters you don't normally see and even the ones you can see on a non party day will be dressed in their Halloween finest.

We only do one or two meet and greets a party and sometimes none.

There are two showings of the greatest parade ever, if you don't care for parades I think you will still love this one. I tell people to see the first one because if you fall in love with it you can see the second. The second does tend to have a smaller crowd but I will warn you, last year the second parade was packed for both nights we attended and it was the third week in September.

Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular is an awesome stage show and worth seeing. if you choose to do the second parade, it is right after Hallo Wishes and just before the second Boo-Too-You parade. If you plan it right you can watch all three with very little walking. But is also performed twice a night.

There are other things like dance party's and meet-n-greets like Captain Jack and such but the above is the main attractions.

The only ride that is not to be missed would be of course, The Haunted Mansion. Madam Carlotta and Rinata are very entertaining, we even had a run in with them on the streets and they were very engaging. They are a lot of fun. There is also a meet-n-greet with the hitchhiking ghosts from the ride here.

We love this party and are planning to go again in the end of September. I use to go to these parties so that I would have less wait to get on the rides, now I go to this one and the Christmas one for the added holiday attractions.

I am going as Cruella Deville so I’d like to meet her and my fiancé wants to meet Jafar so those are two meet and greets we have to do. I didn’t plan on doing rides besides the haunted mansion if it was possible. Is the haunted mansion wait long during the party? I also really want to meet the seven dwarfs but I read that there line is sometimes a 3 hour wait and I don’t want to spend the whole time standing in line. I do love parades so I might see both showings like you suggested :)

Magical Mermaid 89

Original Poster
The unique meet and greets are very popular, and you will likely wait longer than you would for regular meet and greets. If any of them appeal to you, decide which one you want to see most and make sure to do that first, or you may not find time to partake in the other special offerings.

Have you ever waited in line for the seven dwarfs? I hear the line for that is excruciating

Maelstrom Troll

Have you ever waited in line for the seven dwarfs? I hear the line for that is excruciating

YMMV, but we love our pics with them. I dont know if they’ll be out but we also have pics with Lady Tremaine and co. Great ad libbers!

Do they still have the ghost actress on the HM lawn? She is a lot of fun.
We havent been to WDW around Halloween for a few years and I’m totally envious 😊 The parade is our favorite and just the overall kinda spooky vibes make the MK feel like another animal entirely. Enjoy it!

popcenturylover

We are going to our 2nd party on the 24th of this month.(yes! Just a little over a week away!) Anyway, we waited over an hour and a half for the Dwarfs at the last party & while it was cute, not worth the time.

jloucks

Most of my suggestions have been covered. But hey, a little rendundancy is what forums are all about. So, to add or emphasize..

• The parade is unique. It is a must see. Find a spot a little early because a front row viewing is almost always best.
  • Dress up. I think it is the only time you can. My whole family did, and had a blast.
  • The candy corn ice cream is unique. Dole whips don't compare to this tricky treat. Seriously, I just gorge. Like, 4 of them. Nom nom!
  • Get an exclusive magic band, if you are into that sort of thing.
  • Get an exclusive pin, if you like pins.
  • Earlier in the season the better for minimal crowds.

WDW_Jon

I assume the exclusive party meet and greets require a party wrist band earlier on whilst all the other people are still in the park until they get kicked out so not just anyone can line up?

Also someone mentioned jack... as in sparrow!? :)

Magical Mermaid 89

Original Poster
YMMV, but we love our pics with them. I dont know if they’ll be out but we also have pics with Lady Tremaine and co. Great ad libbers!

Do they still have the ghost actress on the HM lawn? She is a lot of fun.
We havent been to WDW around Halloween for a few years and I’m totally envious 😊 The parade is our favorite and just the overall kinda spooky vibes make the MK feel like another animal entirely. Enjoy it!

Someone earlier mentioned they have her on the lawn still. That will be something on my bucket list for sure

Magical Mermaid 89

Original Poster
Most of my suggestions have been covered. But hey, a little rendundancy is what forums are all about. So, to add or emphasize..

• The parade is unique. It is a must see. Find a spot a little early because a front row viewing is almost always best.
  • Dress up. I think it is the only time you can. My whole family did, and had a blast.
  • The candy corn ice cream is unique. Dole whips don't compare to this tricky treat. Seriously, I just gorge. Like, 4 of them. Nom nom!
  • Get an exclusive magic band, if you are into that sort of thing.
  • Get an exclusive pin, if you like pins.
  • Earlier in the season the better for minimal crowds.

Your the second person to mention the candy corn ice cream I will have to give it a try and see what it is all about. I am into pins so I’ll be looking for those. We’re going on 9/11/18 so I’m hoping it won’t be as busy. Fingers crossed!!

Magical Mermaid 89

Original Poster
I assume the exclusive party meet and greets require a party wrist band earlier on whilst all the other people are still in the park until they get kicked out so not just anyone can line up?

Also someone mentioned jack... as in sparrow!? :)

It’s Jack Skellington from The Nightmare before Christmas

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom