First look INSIDE The Land

General Grizz

Original Poster
Excitement is in the air. Apart from what I've heard about Soarin's individual theming, it seems that the rest of the pavilion has been in the right hands. :D

Epcot82Guy

If horticulture is any indication (which I think only I would think so :lol: ), the new plants are a MUCH better example of symbiosis and the original Land concept. The old planters were native show plants. They were interesting, but not an interesting mix. Here, the plants seem to be of a much different type (what little bit I can discern from the photos). Hopefully this will be maintained, as someone suggested, from the original concept. I also really like the idea of the Sunshine Seasons. Hopefully this actually will turn out as a good thing in the end, actually PROgressing an Epcot theme, not DIgressing it into something more trite and simple.

KevinPage

General Grizz said:
Yep. The dividing railings will be pretty much necessary. You'll have the thousands of guests coming in for the food (Garden Grille, Sunshine Seasons), those wanting to see the attractions (Living with the Land, Circle of Life), and the other thousands going to see the latest hype, Soarin'. This thing will be what Body Wars was to Wonders of Life. . . but I'm glad Disney kept with the themes of "Seasons." :)

:lol: put that in your Chicken Little pipe and smoke it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never doubt my instincts hairy boy :p :p :p

KevinPage

General Grizz said:
Excitement is in the air. Apart from what I've heard about Soarin's individual theming, it seems that the rest of the pavilion has been in the right hands. :D

Can I quote you on that :confused: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

EEhunter

General Grizz said:
More indications (red dividers) that the left side of the pavilion has been designed for the pavilion's entrance (above). They have probably been installed to help with guest flow into the pavilion.

Great update..those are some good shots, just wanted to clear up that the handrails are there for ADA compliancy and indicate the path for handicapped access into the Land Pavilion. That will be a common sight on future rehabs of WDW's older buildings.

DisneyJill

Irrawaddy Erik said:
Jill remember the Construction on the bridge by The Land? LOL :lol:

I sure do. Turkey was all over that like white on rice. He gave us up to the minute updates on the...um, bridge work. :lol:

Irrawaddy Erik

DisneyJill said:
I sure do. Turkey was all over that like white on rice. He gave us up to the minute updates on the...um, bridge work. :lol:
AHhhhhh those where simpler days LOL ........bad news I cannot make it to FL until the 15th of May. :cry:

jmuboy

Great new sign, return of balloons, great quick serivce food location, new landscaping out front.......The LAND's rehad sounds 100% top notch so far. I am still interested in seeing/hearing how Soarn' will be connected and themed into the current building plus what other changes we'll see in the main atrium area of this pavilion.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
thanks grizz. i bet you arent sweating the potential WoL rehab in the future (since it has been closed during off season hours) "as bad" with the look of TLC and detail it seems they are putting into the Land. hopefully at least...... :rolleyes:

staying optimistic!

General Grizz

Original Poster
jmaxwell007 said:
thanks grizz. i bet you arent sweating the potential WoL rehab in the future (since it has been closed during off season hours) "as bad" with the look of TLC and detail it seems they are putting into the Land. hopefully at least...... :rolleyes:

staying optimistic!
I have NO clue what's going on over at Wonders in terms of future concepts. Or Energy for that matter. Change is in the air there, and I can't comment until what I hear...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
well, hopefully it will get the attention Land did and not the temporary "lean-to" fix over at LS. havent witnessed myself, but i know Crush is a great addition, but it just maskes the problems there........ then again, WoL and UoE dont have a trillion gallons of water full of aquatic lifeforms. :p

keep us posted. im in much anticipation.

jmuboy

I'd rather see WoL get fixed or replaced withsomething GOOD before renovating Energy. I like the Ellen version of Energy.....although I think I am the only one who does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom