First look at the new 'Cantina de San Angel' counter service menu

Dj Corona

Is it wrong of me to have wished they would have had a portion of the only "seasonal" El Pirata Y el Perico menu from MK on it?

Uninspired...

wow...so you get a couple of tacos for $11 at the cheapest. $11 for tacos? Really? $3 for Mexican soda...go to Wal-Mart and buy TWO LITRES of it for $1.59. You can get a BOX of the popsicles for the price of one.

I'll tell you what, if you want REALLY GOOD tacos while you're at Walt Disney World, go across the street to Chevy's at Crossroads. They're cheaper, their nachos are bottomless, you can see them making the chips, and salsa (it varies on spicyness depending on who makes it), and tortillas in El Machina. And most importantly the food is VERY good...oh and they have a full bar.

Mexico is the one restaurant in 28 years of going to EPCOT that I've never eaten in because I refuse to pay that much money for mexican food.

I love how people are excited at getting robbed. Wow.

Main Street USA

Ok, add me to the list of the disappointed when it comes to the menu. I love the new seating area, but wow, talk about a lack of variety when it comes to "entrees." Someone above hit the nail on the head with "counter service brought to you by 'Tostitos'. "

I'll be honest and say that I'll still be going there for the stellar atmosphere, but man I hope they can surprise me with a little quality to make up for this chip infested menu.

Figments Friend

Nice to get a look at the building finally...looks good and not too obtrusive of the Mexico skyline. The outdoor eating area will be very popular.

I see a couple of things added to the menu that seem new...veggie options with no meat ...so i might actually be able to try this place out. Previously they had nothing meat-free that i spotted during my various pass-throughs over the years. Nice to see some change there. I agree the selection is sparse, but if the food quality is great then that will be a plus. If this instead just turns out to be your basic extention of the 'Taco Bell' franchise...well....no thanks, not at those prices. I don't mind paying a little more for my food if it is particularly yummy. First time/taste shall tell...

I am in town the day it opens...so will more then likely stroll over and check it out. Always nice to see new additons, and try new items. This and Via Napoli are on my 'To Do' list this visit.

disneyaholic86

I'm actually quite excited about the new menu, I'm hoping the small menu is a reflection on focusing on just a few great and fresh dishes. I don't get why everyone got so negative so fast before even trying it and seeing the portion size. It seems everyone jumps on the negative bandwagon as soon as Disney announces something. Of course, this menu wont work for everyone, but at least give it a chance. I guess the perk of people not liking the menu/food means I have better chance of getting a seat for Illuminations.

IlikeDW

Ok, add me to the list of the disappointed when it comes to the menu. I love the new seating area, but wow, talk about a lack of variety when it comes to "entrees." Someone above hit the nail on the head with "counter service brought to you by 'Tostitos'. "

I'll be honest and say that I'll still be going there for the stellar atmosphere, but man I hope they can surprise me with a little quality to make up for this chip infested menu.

Who cares about variety on the counter service, IF the quality is there. tehre is already inherent variety in that it is not burgers, chicken and fries. There was more variety before but the quality was not, at least the times I tried it.

wow...so you get a couple of tacos for $11 at the cheapest. $11 for tacos? Really? $3 for Mexican soda...go to Wal-Mart and buy TWO LITRES of it for $1.59. You can get a BOX of the popsicles for the price of one.

I'll tell you what, if you want REALLY GOOD tacos while you're at Walt Disney World, go across the street to Chevy's at Crossroads. They're cheaper, their nachos are bottomless, you can see them making the chips, and salsa (it varies on spicyness depending on who makes it), and tortillas in El Machina. And most importantly the food is VERY good...oh and they have a full bar.

Mexico is the one restaurant in 28 years of going to EPCOT that I've never eaten in because I refuse to pay that much money for mexican food.

I love how people are excited at getting robbed. Wow.

:sohappy::D

Ah man, you made my day seriously. Just like Disney, if I were to set up my own Mexican food place in Orlando, I'd be making a killing with better service and better tasting Mexican Food. Seriously, 12 dollars for tacos? My grandma makes everything fresh including the Maseca corn tortillas with the press, serves it with Mexican rice and pinto beans (NOT FROM A CAN, pinto beans are of a soup consistency and come with bacon, cilantro and onions) and you get 6 tacos filled with cilantro, grilled onions, Mexican white cheese and avocado for 5 bucks. And a can of soda! HA! I will never pay 12 dollars for beef tacos ever or any type of taco ever. I am excited to try the coffee margarita.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Who cares about variety on the counter service, IF the quality is there. tehre is already inherent variety in that it is not burgers, chicken and fries. There was more variety before but the quality was not, at least the times I tried it.

So that being said, if the only thing they served was the best tasting bottle of water on the planet, you would be ok with it?

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big proponent of the fact that Disney owns the parks/resorts and they can do with them how they wish, but to me this menu is bordering on just enough to get by.

IlikeDW

So that being said, if the only thing they served was the best tasting bottle of water on the planet, you would be ok with it?

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big proponent of the fact that Disney owns the parks/resorts and they can do with them how they wish, but to me this menu is bordering on just enough to get by.

I will likely end up agreeing with all of the nay sayers, for now just leave me my illusion that they are going to serve a taco that blows my socks off. If not I won't buy it anymore.

Main Street USA

I'm actually quite excited about the new menu, I'm hoping the small menu is a reflection on focusing on just a few great and fresh dishes. I don't get why everyone got so negative so fast before even trying it and seeing the portion size. It seems everyone jumps on the negative bandwagon as soon as Disney announces something. Of course, this menu wont work for everyone, but at least give it a chance. I guess the perk of people not liking the menu/food means I have better chance of getting a seat for Illuminations.
It has nothing to do with jumping on a bandwagon. I'm very rarely negative about anything in WDW. In fact, I'm usually the one defending them. I just don't happen to care for this selection when compared to the last menu, and when compared to other counter service offerings in Epcot.

As I said in the very post you quoted, and it seems you aren't the only one who ignored it, I'll still be going there to enjoy the atmosphere, and hopefully they can surprise me with some quality to make up for the lack of variety.

Computer Magic

Do you really have to have a meal to take up a seat? I never tried sitting at the old location during illumination, but I often wonder who are eating and who is just sitting. I highly doubt the CM will make someone leave?

Main Street USA

Do you really have to have a meal to take up a seat? I never tried sitting at the old location during illumination, but I often wonder who are eating and who is just sitting. I highly doubt the CM will make someone leave?
Yeah, it was mentioned in another thread, I kind of hope they end up with some sort of dessert party for the hexagonal area of the deck. If they don't people will likely camp out from about 5:00p until Illuminations, thus robbing the rest of us of a great, scenic place to eat our tacos. The CMs would never make anyone move, food or no food.

I suppose we're all equally able to camp out, I'm just not one of those people.

Phonedave

I will hold out until I get to try the place. But that menu is not leaving me with much hope.

Any idea if these are the same 'nachos' that they have been serving recently from the booth that is just around the corner ?

I have not tried them, but they looked passable. Lots of people were walking around with them.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom