First Ever Trip to WDW!!

enjen

Well it's official. I'm starting to get well excited for my first trip to the States, and my first trip to WDW!! Despite it being 76(?) i think days to go :brick: I'm listening to my Disney Princess album to get me in the mood :lol:

We're going for 2 weeks, and will probably spend like, 7-9 days in the park I think...

So what in your opinion, are the best things for a first timer to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated =D I have a pretty good idea of some of the attractions i already want to do, like all my favourites from DLP (BTMRR, SM, PoTC, HM...)

hmansion

Hello enjen!

Some personal favorites:

Magic Kingdom
Pirates of the Caribbean
Mickey's Philharmagic
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mtn Railroad
Splash Mtn
Space Mtn
Jungle Cruise

Epcot
Soarin'
Test Track
Living with the Land
Spaceship Earth
Maelstrom (Norway)
Three Caballeros (Mexico)
Illuminations

Disney Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror
Rock 'n Roller Coaster
Muppet Movie

Animal Kingdom
Kilimanjaro Safari
Kali River Rapid
Expedition Everest
Dinosaur
Tough to be a Bug

Make sure to ride the Monorail - public transportation at its best! And make a dinner reservation or two in Epcot - whatever cuisine that most interests you - most every restaurant has something to offer. Don't forget the Deluxe resorts for dinner - Narcoossee's, Artist Point and California Grill offer very enjoyable dining experiences!

Have a great visit here!

Steve

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

I think the first time should be done at your leisure and do as you please....yeah its nice to have an idea of what attractions everyone likes and all, but I would go in and try to take as much in as I could don't rush through the park trying to get to different things. Make the first time special and make memories that will last forever.

Thats the best advice I could give you.

Hope you have fun and enjoy your trip :wave:

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Ya know, you will hear of peoples must sees and tricks but you really need to figure out for your yourself/your family what your preferences are/aren't. Keep reading these boards and when you see something that sparks your inteest, jot it down. Then you can have your own list. I was sent a spreadsheet by someone which is so helpful in planning days. Me, I plan my reservations around where I will be, which is usually with eve EMH...just something that we like to do...stay late at the parks.

Keep reading here, go on the WDW web site and click on first timers and let it all flow. There is so much to see and do that you will eventually create your own must see list. If you'd like to hear some of my specifics, I'd be glad to do so.:)

Have a magical trip!!

Upvote 0

bayoumoon

Congratulations on your upcoming trip:sohappy: Our frist trip was just a year ago and we are still talking about a few things. Soarin; Beirgarten; Mission Space; Illumanations; Fantasmic and how sorry we are for missing the Wishes fireworks show. And when I say talking I mean almost daily. We are going for our second trip this December and those are all on our "must do" list. As you can see Epcot was our favorite, we are in our late 30's but still consider ourselves kids at heart:p

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Congrats on your first trip over!

I would suggest making use of the fastpass system to cut down on the amount of time you spend standing in line.

Also, it can be very difficult to get reservations at the table service restaurants at the last minute, so you may want to go to guest services at any park when you arrive and discuss options for dining if you are interested in any particular restaurants. The farther in advance you plan meals, the better your chances at getting a reservation.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Well it's official. I'm starting to get well excited for my first trip to the States, and my first trip to WDW!! Despite it being 76(?) i think days to go :brick: I'm listening to my Disney Princess album to get me in the mood :lol:

We're going for 2 weeks, and will probably spend like, 7-9 days in the park I think...

So what in your opinion, are the best things for a first timer to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated =D I have a pretty good idea of some of the attractions i already want to do, like all my favourites from DLP (BTMRR, SM, PoTC, HM...)

With 9 days of park time you should have no problem at all doing every single show and attraction 1 or 2 times in the 4 main parks. I wouldn't bother trying to pick and choose favorites, because you'll eventually hit them all in that time.

What I would focus on instead is choosing what restaurants to eat at. The Disney restaurants are attractions in themselves and you'll need to make your reservations early. You can read menus and reviews of all the Disney restaurants right at this website.

You may also want to try some "extras" such as the Family Magic Tour or a dinner show. Schedule time to take a walk around the Boardwalk area one evening (you can spend literally hours watching the hilarious street performers) and spend an hour on the Polynesian beach watching Fireworks in the distance and the Electrical Water Pageant.

Upvote 0

JustPlainBill

I think the first time should be done at your leisure and do as you please....yeah its nice to have an idea of what attractions everyone likes and all, but I would go in and try to take as much in as I could don't rush through the park trying to get to different things. Make the first time special and make memories that will last forever.

Thats the best advice I could give you.
This is very good advice.
It is important though to skim the guidebooks choose the bare essentials of what you feel is a "must see" and set your day around it. Resign to yourself that you are not going to be able to experience everything. There is so much wonderful things to see and do, it is simply impossible to fit it all in.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Welcome aboard :wave:

My only suggestion is while you're wondering how to pass the 76 days before you go, get down to your local bookshop and grab a copy of The Unofficial Guide. Then read it !!! Cover to cover. Its a wealth of information and should give you a good heads up on what to expect and what you might want to do.

Have you made your dining reservations yet ??

Upvote 0

eroyee

Wow, a first timer. You didnt mention any dining reservations. Make sure to do at least one character dinner. See all the fireworks shows and the nighttime parade at MK called Spectromagic. see all the other parades,too. The first park you go to, go to guest services just inside and get some first time buttons to wear. everyone will say hi to you, etc. Most of all, have a magical stay at WDW and I KNOW you will be hooked!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom