First Day Traditions?!

sgtmgd

Well for us it will be Arrive at MCO...DME to AKL..check-in...check out the room...and then head to DTD for dinner at T-Rex...and shopping..back to AKL..good nights sleep and them a marathon 4 days of Disney Goodness! Hey where did the smileys go?

jmenjes

I usually don't arrive at my resort until around 2:30-3:00 pm or so, so after checking in I head to Downtown Disney for a while. After some shopping, it's back to the resort to relax for the night.

My first full day is at the Magic Kingdom.

rob45

[que="SMS55, post: 5645656, member: 79152"]My route too but I'll start with jungle cruise.[/quote]
We like to ride it late in the afternoon or after dark. we normally start off in adventure land our first day.

tare

We started a new one last year, we never go to a park on the first day, so we tried chef mickeys. It was great! We get to see all the main characters and get right into the Disney mindset. We will be doing the same next trip.
New thought for us now. Thx. We always go to chef mickeys every year anyway.

Tiggertoo56

We always arrive late evening, get ME to resort, unpack, eat, drink and take in the atmosphere of the resort. Our tradition begins the next day - always MK, walk through to Main Street and then take Casey Jnr on a trip all around the park and prepare for the day of fun to be had :cool:. Next time we visit in Oct 2014 we will have a newbie with us and I can't wait to see the look on his face.;)

Tigger19

We usually don't arrive until late at night, so we usually just head straight to bed then get up really early the ext morning, get breakfast at IHOP then head straight to MK for the day. We always go to MK on the first day, it's a tradition

KCheatle

OUr actual "first day" on property, we used to hang at the hotel, go to bed early, yada yada yada. But, this year we're throwing that idea out and going straight to MK for some rides! We get in to WL around 1:30, so we've got plenty of time to get to MK, ride a couple things nad make it back for dinner at Whispering Canyon by 6:30. After dinner, though, we'll hit the sack (or...maybe watch the electrical parade??).

On the first "full day" on property, our big tradition is to get to MK so we can see the opening ceremony. All of us love it sooo much! Plus, there is no better feeling than walking into MK and knowing the park is at your finger tips and at that moment you can walk on any ride you want!

cetta28

On our first full day we always visit MK and we always get there early enough to see the opening show and I always cry. We also always buy a fun Disney hat or ears on our first day and we usually wear the hat on and off for the rest of our trip. I also try to make ADR's at somewhere exciting and new to spice things up. On our arrival day we usually just explore our hotel because we usually arrive later in the day and get to bed early so we can get to MK bright and early

MIKETFROMRI

Well always hold off Magic Kingdom until first morning. Start the day off bright and early and off to MK!...Also
make sure we catch parade that day and try get Hoop Dee DOO very First night there.

DonChi

Check in, and then go straight to MK and ride POTC. We usually arrive around 1700 hrs, so we go light on the rides and dinner at Casey's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom