Trip Report First Annual Family Cruise Fun

The Details

Who: Me (Ashley) and my husband (Wes), Kingdom Konsultant Agents and Fellow WDWMagicers :D

IMG_0980.jpg

When: June 20-22 at Walt Disney World and June 22-26 on the Disney Dream

What: 1st Annual Family Cruise! We had two days of pre-cruise fun at Walt Disney World and then went on a 4 Night Bahamian Cruise with two stops at Castaway Cay!

This was our 4th Disney cruise and our second time on the Disney Dream. More importantly this was the 1st Annual WDWMAGIC/Kingdom Konsultants Family Cruise!! I was so excited when this cruise was announced and knew I just had to go on this cruise. :) Wes and I were just on the Disney Magic back in January for a 7 night cruise so doing another cruise in the same year was kinda nuts but we made it work. There was no way I was going to miss out on all the fun! :D

Saturday June 20th – Walt Disney World Here We Come! Woo hoo! :D

We had an early morning flight…at 5:40am to be exact, which meant that we had to wake up at 3am. o_O We spent the night at my parents house since they live closer to the airport and so my dad could give us a ride. It was a very early morning and I was going on pretty much no sleep. Every night before a Disney trip, I’m like that kid in the commercial where I’m just too excited to sleep! :D

So, I was up and getting ready at 3am and successfully managed to burn my left index finger on my hair straightener. Ouch! Not the smartest thing to do but that’s what happens when you are up at 3am and didn’t get any sleep.

(Oh and on the plane is when I realized that I forgot to pack my sweaters to wear to dinner. Goodness it had been quite a morning.)

We had a lot of suitcases this trip because I decided I was going to do fish extender gifts! :) This would be our first time participating so I was really excited. We had a group for fish extenders with the Family Cruise group but then I decided to also join another FE group with a Facebook group. I’m crazy, I know. What was I thinking joining two FE groups on my first go round? I just couldn’t help myself. I was so excited to be crafty!

We ended up with two additional suitcases filled with gifts. I was worried that if we checked those bags they may get lost and I didn’t want to risk it. So we had some extra luggage to carry on.

Our flight to Orlando was uneventful and we landed on time at 7:20am. Thank you Southwest! We got to DME a little before 8am. I LOVE getting to Orlando so early!!

IMG_9474.jpg

IMG_9475.jpg

IMG_9477.jpg

For this short trip, we would be staying at Port Orleans Riverside. This would be our first time staying at this resort so I was excited to check it out.

IMG_9478.jpg

IMG_9479.jpg

Don’t look so excited Westin!

IMG_9480.jpg

After I took the above picture, our bus driver said “Give me the camera” :D He was very nice to offer to take our picture.

IMG_9481.jpg

My father in law complained after our January cruise that we didn’t take enough pictures of ourselves. Hahaha We were off to a good start this trip with a photo of the two of us within 20 minutes of the start of the trip. :D

We were the first ones to board the bus so we got seats right up front. Woo hoo! While we waited for other guests to board, we chatted with the bus driver. He was really nice and we talked about all kinds of things but mostly about the TV show, The Blacklist.

IMG_9483.jpg

IMG_9484.jpg

IMG_9489.jpg

I love this sight!

We arrived at POR around 9am and went to check in.

IMG_9490.jpg

IMG_9492.jpg

IMG_9493.jpg

Our room wasn’t ready when we checked in but they were able to get us a room that was. We ended up being upgraded to a pool view room. Whoop whoop! :) I didn’t care so much about the view since we were only there for two nights but I was really excited that we could drop off all our bags in our room.

Our room was in Magnolia Terrace so we made our way there. Our room was on the first floor.

IMG_9504.jpg

IMG_9505.jpg

Wes knows the drill that when we get into our room, I have to take pictures. He decided to photo bomb some of them.

IMG_9494.jpg

Thanks, Wes.

IMG_9495.jpg

IMG_9496.jpg

I love all of the new bedspreads in the rooms. It makes the rooms feel a lot sleeker.

IMG_9498.jpg

DisSplash

I don't know how I missed all of your updates, but I was happy to find them this AM! I am thinking of doing the Castaway Cay 5K and I am also not a runner, so you have given me hope. I am also soooo tempted by those cabanas .... they look awesome!

Love the pics of your fish extenders gifts too. Everyone is creative! I cannot even imagine how much time was put into all of that, but clearly everyone really took that seriously!

Looking forward to hearing abut your 2nd CC day!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
I don't know how I missed all of your updates, but I was happy to find them this AM! I am thinking of doing the Castaway Cay 5K and I am also not a runner, so you have given me hope. I am also soooo tempted by those cabanas .... they look awesome!

Love the pics of your fish extenders gifts too. Everyone is creative! I cannot even imagine how much time was put into all of that, but clearly everyone really took that seriously!

Looking forward to hearing abut your 2nd CC day!

Thanks for reading! The 5k was tough but you can do it! :D Looking back, it would have been nice if I had trained just a little bit but I still finished it and that's all that counts. The cabanas were seriously AMAZING! I am forever spoiled.

Thank you! I love being crafty so the FE gifts was a great way for me to channel that creative energy. It did take a lot more time than I initially expected but that was probably because I kept adding more and more gifts. Next time I think I will scale it back and only fill up one suitcase of gifts.

More report coming up now...

Ugh, I must go on a Disney cruise!!! We just got back from a cruise (my first) on a different line and I said I probably wouldn't cruise again....never mind!! This looks like so much fun!

DCL is where it's at! I can't talk up the customer service enough. We have met such wonderful cast members on each and every cruise. If you aren't sure about cruising again, I would say do a 3 or 4 night Disney cruise to see if you like it.

We had a fantastic time with all the agents, their families and all of our clients and their families. I cannot wait until next years cruise with everyone! @Monty @marni1971 @wannabeBelle to name just a few!

Pam

It was so much fun! :D I can't even imagine how much fun will be had over 7 nights!!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Thursday, June 25th – Our last full day but at least its on Castaway Cay! :D

Today we had ordered room service to arrive at 8am. I realized once we got the food that I didn’t fill out the order form right so we got way more food than we wanted. Oops! That’s what I get for drinking and filling out the form. :D

IMG_0897.jpg

I ate some food and got ready for Castaway Cay but Wes decided that he wanted to sleep in. I got off the ship around 9am. It was later than I wanted but it was okay. I slowly made my way to Serenity Bay taking pictures along the way.

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

I heard some rustling in the grass and spotted this big lizard. Can you see it?

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

I got to Serenity Bay and it was pretty empty. I took some more pictures and then grabbed a spot.

IMG_0940.jpg

I read my book while I waited for Wes to arrive. Wes arrived and it seemed that he brought some clouds with him. It looked like it was going to storm. There were some really dark clouds close by and we could hear thunder. We decided to go grab some lunch.

IMG_0942.jpg

We went back to the beach and were happy to see that the clouds were moving out. It never rained on Serenity Bay. We had a really relaxing rest of the day. We went for a dip in the ocean, and I read more of my book.

We decided to head back to the ship around 3:30pm. We ran into our Cabana Guy and thanked him again for his awesome service on Tuesday. He offered to take our picture and to give us a ride back to the ship again. We thanked him for the offer to drive us back to the ship but decided to pass. I wanted to take a leisurely stroll back to the ship and enjoy as much time as possible on the island. We did take him up on his offer to take our picture though. :D

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

We stopped in the gift shops on our way out and I bought a koozie. I love koozies!

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

As we got closer to the ship, we started walking right behind a family of 4. We started talking to them and they offered to take our picture and we took theirs.

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

We got back to the ship and were sad to see our customs forms and debarkation information. :( I hate the last day of the cruise!

IMG_1005.jpg

We ordered some room service while we packed up our stuff.

2015-06-25%2016.33.22.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

We decided to go see the show tonight, Disney’s Believe. We grabbed a seat up front this time. Normally we sit towards the back of the theatre so I was excited to see it up close.

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

The show was really good! After the show, we ran back to our room to finish packing and put our bags outside our door to be picked up.

IMG_1012.jpg

Do you think we have enough luggage tags on this?

Dinner tonight was at the Enchanted Garden. I’m always sad for the last dinner on a cruise.

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

I think I get this every time I go to the Enchanted Garden :D

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

We had such a great meal! I don’t think any of us really wanted to leave. After dinner, a bunch of us decided to head to Evolution for some 80s music trivia. We ran back to the room real quick so I could change my shoes.

IMG_1038.jpg

Last towel animal of the cruise :(

We made our way to Evolution and Stacy, Amy, Dani, Ashley and Carissa joined us for trivia. Brett, from movie quotes trivia, was our CM tonight and when I walked in he went to give me a fist bump and we did another “double awkward” :D

This was one of those trivias where you are split up into two teams; one side of the room versus the other side. They play a clip and each side guesses the song. You then can get bonus points for doing different dances.

When the song Thriller came on, I knew I had to get up and do my dance. I have the Michael Jackson Experience Wii game and I have the dance moves down. :D I like to bust them out at weddings or dance parties. So when everyone got up to dance, I did my dance and Brett noticed my moves. He then made me stand up there by myself to show off. Hahaha Luckily, Amy got some footage.

We had a fun time during the trivia, even though our team lost. After the trivia was a female ventriloquist. We debated leaving but decided to stay. At first, we were laughing because her performance was kind of awkwardly funny but by the end it was genuinely funny. Hahaha :D After the ventriloquist, we all decided to call it a night.

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

We got back to our room and I had to finish up packing. I watched Maleficent while packing and Wes went to sleep. We had such a fabulous cruise, I didn’t want to go to sleep! Eventually, sleep won out.

Up next: It’s time to disembark :(

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Friday, June 26th – Goodbye Disney Dream! :(

Well the day had finally come. It was our last day of the cruise. We knew it was coming but it still crept up on us. We woke up, said goodbye to our stateroom and made our way to breakfast.

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

Everyone asked if I wanted to take pictures of their food but I was too sad. :( We had a pretty quiet breakfast today. I think everyone was just sad to go back to reality.

We said our goodbyes and then made our way off the ship.

IMG_1046.jpg

Goodbye beautiful chandelier :(

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

Not soon enough!

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

We took the bus back to the airport to wait for our flight. It was an uneventful flight home after a fun filled week.

Thanks so much for reading! :D I'll have some final thoughts on the trip coming up.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Final Thoughts

I love how many new things we got to try on this trip! After going so often, it’s nice to know that there are still new experiences to try on each and every trip.

We stayed at Port Orleans Resort – Riverside for the first time and I really liked the resort. We didn’t get to spend a ton of time there, which I was really bummed about. I think I prefer French Quarter to Riverside. I would love to stay at POR again and spend more time there to get a better feel for the resort.

We tried a few new restaurants this trip; some we liked and others not so much. I really liked the food at ‘Ohana for dinner but I’m just not sure it’s worth the price. I just can’t eat that much food! I liked San Angel Inn okay but am not in a rush to go back. I really enjoyed Tokyo Dining and would go back in a heartbeat!

I really enjoyed doing the FE gift exchange. I think I went a little crazy and would want to scale back in the future. I think I would also try to make smaller gifts so I didn’t have to bring so many extra suitcases. :) Making the gifts really helped me get even more excited for the cruise!

The cruise was absolutely amazing. The only bad thing was it was way too short!! We had so much fun meeting everybody and it was great to have so many people to hang out with onboard.

The 2nd annual family cruise is next September and it’s a 7 night cruise! I’m a little bummed though because as of right now, I won’t be able to go because the plan is for us to go to Aulani. I know I shouldn’t be sad because Aulani is AMAZING but I’m sad to miss out on the 2nd annual cruise. I’d love to do both but we just can’t swing both next year. We’re going with Wes’ family next June but if our plans change, I’m signing up for the family cruise! :D

I always say that having another trip planned is the best way to deal with the post Disney blues and it was a lot easier to leave this trip knowing that I’m going back to WDW in October! About 20 of the agents are going for a Girls Weekend! Woo hoo! I’m now officially two weeks away from being back in my happy place with some super fun people!

Thanks again for reading! :D

FlaggNL

Thanks for the wrap up! We will be in Riverside French Q in 17 days and in 382 days we will be in Riverside :) Was great to follow, thanks for sharing it all with us!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom