Fireworks During Dinner at DHS

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Some friends of mine have an ADR at 50's Prime Time in the middle of The Star Wars Fireworks. Is it normal for guests to leave their tables to watch the fireworks? I really don't know the "procedure" for this so I thought I would ask for them.

Hockey89

Some friends of mine have an ADR at 50's Prime Time in the middle of The Star Wars Fireworks. Is it normal for guests to leave their tables to watch the fireworks? I really don't know the "procedure" for this so I thought I would ask for them.
Just leave and go outside for 20?

Rob562

I would say except for those locations where fireworks viewing is all but advertised as a feature of the restaurant (California Grill) it is not normal at all, and is actually inconsiderate toward your server. Your table taking as extra 20-30 minutes most likely would mean one less table that the server is able to serve that night, thus fewer tips, and the server makes less that night. If everyone did it, that's a heck of a lot of money lost.

My cynical side is also chiming in with "Hey, that's a great trick... Yeah, we're all going outside to watch the fireworks. No, no, we'll *totally* be back afterward to pay the bill... Heh heh..."

If you want to see the fireworks, schedule dinner at a time where you can see them before or after your meal.

-Rob

Hockey89

I would say except for those locations where fireworks viewing is all but advertised as a feature of the restaurant (California Grill) it is not normal at all, and is actually inconsiderate toward your server. Your table taking as extra 20-30 minutes most likely would mean one less table that the server is able to serve that night, thus fewer tips, and the server makes less that night. If everyone did it, that's a heck of a lot of money lost.

My cynical side is also chiming in with "Hey, that's a great trick... Yeah, we're all going outside to watch the fireworks. No, no, we'll *totally* be back afterward to pay the bill... Heh heh..."

If you want to see the fireworks, schedule dinner at a time where you can see them before or after your meal.

-Rob
Well yeah, this is the only adult response that should be deemed acceptable... The person that started this tread amazes me...

danyoung56

Why? It's allowed, even encouraged, at many Disney restaurants. I agree with Rob that it's probably not a cool thing to do. But it's still a valid question.

Hockey89

Why? It's allowed, even encouraged, at many Disney restaurants. I agree with Rob that it's probably not a cool thing to do. But it's still a valid question.
Give me the list of signature restaurants that encourage you to leave the restaurant completely to view the fire works for 30 minutes... Please list them Danny boy.

danyoung56

Danny boy? Whatever, Hockey dude.

Of the top of my head, I'd say California Grill, Narcoosee's, maybe 'Ohana, probably Spice Road Table, La Hacienda de San Angel, and the list goes on.

Hockey89

Danny boy? Whatever, Hockey dude.

Of the top of my head, I'd say California Grill, Narcoosee's, maybe 'Ohana, probably Spice Road Table, La Hacienda de San Angel, and the list goes on.
Can' read? You don't have to leave Cal grill.... I said signature... So none really. You were positive before..... No it's probably.... Myabe

danyoung56

Can' read? You don't have to leave Cal grill.... I said signature... So none really. You were positive before..... No it's probably.... Myabe

First of all, why do you have to be like this? We had a nice discussion going on, and then you had to go all junior high attitude. Really lame.

And the California Grill absolutely encourages you to go outside, on the balcony, where they have outdoor speakers playing the music. Perhaps that's the only restaurant on property that does this. That doesn't make the original question a bad one.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm asking because when I was at Chefs de France in 09 they actually informs us that we could go out and watch. We didn't even ask.

Sorry it bothered you so much "hockey".

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

-Rob

I never said it was "right" or "considerate" I just asked a question based on a previous experience that I had a few years ago. The ADR is at 920 and the restaurant closes at 930. I think the fireworks are at 915.

It goes back to the point of asking if that's a normal thing that happens rather than having people assume they can just do it or expect to do it. If it was normal then I'd tell them "yeah ask about it" but it's only ever happened once to me but I normally fine around the fireworks. Not during them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom