Fireworks Dessert Party

H20Babie

Original Poster
I am thinking of booking the Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrance ... something we haven't done yet.

Is it worth it?
When do dates become available?

:wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is quite worth it. Not only is the food great but you do not have to defend your viewing spot from those that show up 5 minutes before the fireworks start. They can start to become available as far out as 180 days, but unlike dining reservations, there is no date set in stone when they will come out. All you can do is start checking at 180 days out until the dates show up in the system.

bamillerpa

Where can I find more info on it? I've heard of it but don't really know what all they offer and where it is even located. I always thought it would be something my daughter and husband would enjoy.

disney1077

I think it is worth it. The dessert were great and the view for the fireworks were great. You did not have to worry about standing for an hour for a spot or someone coming at the last minute and stepping right in front of you. I am definitely booking it again for my next vacation.

Buzz Lightbeer

Do they run this later in the year or only at Peak times - were going for the first 2 weeks in November and i'd like to book this as a nice surpise for the family

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do they run this later in the year or only at Peak times - were going for the first 2 weeks in November and i'd like to book this as a nice surpise for the family
It runs almost every day, but for some reason they do not release what the dates are with any regularity.

Jkata87

Is the show just as good? I have only been once and we were right in front of the castle. Can you still hear everything good and see it all good?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is the show just as good? I have only been once and we were right in front of the castle. Can you still hear everything good and see it all good?
The music and audio is fine and you will have a clear view to the castle. However, the fireworks will appear a bit off center as you are off to the right a bit. For most people this is not a big deal, but it doe tend to tweak my melon a bit.

jazzinator

In terms of signing up, we are going in mid-February - my wife called weekly and was not able to schedule a reservation until about 90 days before our trip.

The Terrace Party is apparently run by a private entity so they did not open the calendar for reservation making at the typical 180 day mark as most Disney run restaurants do (or so we were told).

coachwnh

we have done this several times, and its best during busy seasons (thanksgiving, 4th of july, etc) because you are getting great seats without the crowds. im not a dessert person, but the view and the ability to see (especially our two kids, 8 and 6) makes it worth it.

H20Babie

Original Poster
Good to know ... I've been checking once a week for our dates (first week of April) so I do think that the dates aren't released before 90 days.

Thanks for the comments!

Lexi

We went to the fireworks party for first time on 12/25 :xmas: and it was amazing..people line up around the Terrace Noodle Station about an hour before the party begins..don't worry about getting there that early though because you are assigned seating before you even get there..we had a woman standing in line behind us who was hell bent on getting in front of us (she failed and karma is a b**** bc when we got to the front of the line we found out from the hostess that we had "the best seats in the house.") Anyway once you get seated they let you know the buffet is open and you can go help yourself..they had every type of dessert you can imagine and big glasses of milk to wash it all down with..too bad i'm not a dessert person, but my bf said everything was awesome..my only complaint about the party is that people do not watch the fireworks and magic, memories and you from their seats..everyone stands up along the railings..i ended up getting a good spot once we realized what was going on and yes it was a lot less crowded then standing on main street..but my impression from reading every thing about this was that I would get to sit and watch the shows, not fight over elbow space along the railing..but would i book this again..IN A HEART BEAT!!

I keep checking daily for May - they just released dates yesterday for March so got a while to wait before booking ours :wave:

Yeah I phoned Disney a few weeks ago to try book for end of May, beginning of June and was told they hadn't released March's dates yet and to try phoning back in Feb or March.

Just hope we manage to get it booked cos we are really excited to try it.

GMRO

I am thinking of booking the Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrance ... something we haven't done yet.

Is it worth it?
When do dates become available?

:wave:

Worth it?

Hard to say. If you’ve never done it and want to try something new...maybe.
2 vacations’ ago we did book this party. US and another family who has a little girl - 7 years old.

It was ok. Plenty to eat…if that’s your thing – sweets. BUT you will never eat enough to capture the cost.

Desserts are plenty…and finger size. You can stack up as much as you want and return to the buffet as many times as you want. After 1 or 1.5 trips you are pretty much sugared out. And the people do not sit at the tables – they do walk up to the railings. You can still see the fireworks, off center a little, but honestly for the cost of $25/person I’m not sure the wife and I got our $50 out of it for the short time of the party etc.

Now this takes into consideration that 2 years ago they did not have the Memories and Me thingy going on as well. So we only saw Wishes. Great in itself…but maybe if we had more time…who knows.

As a result when the wife and I vacationed last year we did not re-book this party. Once was plenty… for us it’s just not a “repeater”

I’d rather get another shirt or some sort of coffee mug. ;) Plus I really don't mind standing in front of the castle to see the show then maybe grabbing a snack like a jimmy sprinkle marshmellow stick from the bakery on Main Street.

Good Luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom