Fireworks Cruise worth the $$$?

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
I am going with just one other person in February. We have talked about doing the Fireworks charter. We know the cost and it is normally for a group of 10-12 people. Since there are only 2 of us, do they have a hodge podge cruise? Is the cruise even worth the $$$? Can you get the complete effects of the fireworks not viewing them from the hub? The cost is not a problem, I just want to know if it would be worth it?

Philmvt

What's the view?

Depends upon what the view you are given is. If you are on 7 sea lagoon for Wishes, you see a better show from main street by the Ice cream shoppe. If you see Illuminations from the lagoon and are immersed in the sho then sounds excellent.

Where's the boat located for the show? :lol:

Upvote 0

Mickifan17

I just got back from the World last week and I got the the fireworks cruise for my wife's birthday. We did the Wishes cruise that has the music pumped into the boat and I have to tell you, I loved it.

It was a little different than I expected but it was really great. No crowds, no pushing and no mad dashes for the exit. The weird part for me was that the boats are not allowed to anchor so you tend to drift so the boat is constantly moving back to a center view. Don't get me wrong, you not drifting hundreds of feet, but all the boats seem to alternate where they are. Also, the boats traveling to and from the TTC are constantly going so you hear them blast their horns, but it's maybe once or twice during the show.

There is always a great view and they take you around bay lake and seven seas lagoon. It's almost a little creepy at night, but very cool. You also get to see a different view of the Poly and Grand Floridian at night.

I personally thought it was great. I have video of it and am going to try and post it to youtube.com. If I can, I'll update this thread.

Upvote 0

MHSJAX

I have to say Yes. We have been on both the Epcot and the Wishes fireworks cruises. Both were Very enjoyable, once was with a small group and once just our family. Wishes happened to be a Very Merry X-mas party show and it was Great. Illuminations was also fun, but we ended up downwind and the smoke became too much. Being able to relax and just enjoy the show without the crowd is the best. You do lose some of the feel not being "in" the park but the easy escape is worth it. Just booked our next one for Dec. on the Grand1 with a small group for another Very Merry show. The ride around the waterfront at night has become one our favorite things to do. Also the hosts have been alot of fun and very informative. I don't think you could go wrong by doing either one.

Upvote 0

phillyfan77

FYI... when we booked our Wishes Cruise I was told that they are in the process of putting music on ALL the boats, since it now costs like $50 more to book a cruise with music. I think she said that most of the EPCOT boats were completed, and that they were starting on the MK boats. I was told this about a month ago...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom