Firework Storage

BenS

Original Poster
Illuminations Fireworks are stored behind the China pavillion. It may have something to do with the fact that they were invented in China.

They have a master storage facility at Orlando International Airport.

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by BenS
Illuminations Fireworks are stored behind the China pavillion. It may have something to do with the fact that they were invented in China.

Are you replying to someone else's post and accidentally posted in a new thread? Just seems so random, haha....but thanks for the info anyway.

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by marni1971
Well, I guess it could be classed as a `secret`.. :animwink:

Well, it's still a secret to some people...:animwink:

I'm going to take some wild guesses here though:

1. I doubt they store the fireworks behind China because they were made there - more likely because that's where they had space for them when they added the show, and because it's handy to the canal to the Lagoon.

2. Do they really store extra fireworks at the Orlando Airport? That seems weird to me for 2 reasons. First, that's a long way to store materials that they use on property EVERY NIGHT, and why would they store anything like that off-property? Second, a large quantity of fireworks would be a dangerous thing to store at an Airport, especially with all the EXTRA security we have now. I don't think the FAA would like to have a ton of gun powder stored on Airport Property, and then let someone from WDW come in every day to get some of them :lol:

Anyway, just my thoughts at 10:30 at night! And I don't care if I'm wrong because I'm heading to WDW in 2.5 hours!!!!

WDWRLD

Fireworks at Orlando

Yes, I was on a tour one time and the CM said that just the amount of fireworks for one day is trucked over at a time. This is done because Disney has no explosive bunker on property and the airport does and that the airport bunker is in a secure area.

BenS

Original Poster
Re: Re: Firework Storage

Originally posted by edwardtc
Are you replying to someone else's post and accidentally posted in a new thread? Just seems so random, haha....but thanks for the info anyway.
This is a secrets forum, so I am giving a secret. What do you mean by random, is there some sort of schedule I need to adhere to? :confused:

boo52

While it is true that Disney only ships 1 day worth of shows to each show location, they do have a storage facility on property. It is on the north end of property. I can't get into detail where but trust me, it's there. Before the facilty was built, Disney did have a storage facility at the airport. It was an old ammunition magazine that was used when OIA use to be a military airfield. Hope that sums it up.

BenS

Original Poster
Originally posted by DarkMeasures
So Disney can't build an explosives bunker but they are allowed to build a nuclear power plant?
Say what? When has Disney built a Nuclear power plant?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Originally posted by BenS
Say what? When has Disney built a Nuclear power plant?

They havn`t. Yet!

The Reedy Creek Improvement District (quasi government that runs WDW) has permission to do so if they ever want to. Same with an airport (not the STOLPort - a full size facillity). This ruleing was granted back in the 60`s when WDW was being planned, and is law.

StevenT

Originally posted by BeachClubVillas
haha...the first time I heard that, I was seriously convinced that the castle was a missle silo! I am so gulllible. :brick:

but it's true :lookaroun :lookaroun

MKBurn15

Originally posted by BeachClubVillas
haha...the first time I heard that, I was seriously convinced that the castle was a missle silo! I am so gulllible. :brick:
Oh I'm sorry. It is a missle silo, but they slowly made it into a nuclear power plant during the nights.

Disney_CP_2004

BenS said:

they are stored behind china, cause dun dun duunnnnnnnn.....that's where Epcot's Marina is....all fireworks barges and the FriendShip boats are docked back there........every night @ about 10 ish they get tied up and cleaned up and @ 10:30 they do the burnoff of the inferno barge (COOLEST THING EVER) and then it goes in about 11ish......in between the barges and the inferno barge the friendship boats go in! TALK about nerve wrecking trying to dock the boats next to the BIG globe as it is being cleaned up and opened and doing it all by urself for the first time ever!! LOL....

WOO HOO!!!

Jeremy AU

Looks like they are store right here, behind the Magic Kingdom on the very northwest edge of property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom