Fire at BOMA

RiversideBunny

does anyone else find it slightly disturbing that someone lit (or attempted to light) a bathroom on fire at a disney resort? what kind of person does that?

They didn't try to light it.
Sounds more like someone didn't bother to find the trash can and just stuck the paper towels behind a light fixture.
More lazy than vicious.

It's the same kind of thinking that causes shopping carts to be left all over the parking lot.

:king:

JerseySkiddie

ah ok for whatever reason i read it as someone lit a piece of paper town on fire and stuck and left it... it was really early when i read it...

WDWRLD

A flourescent light can ignite something just as easy as a incandescent one. Flourescent lights produce alot of heat and given on how dry something is effects how quickly it will reach its ignition temperature. 3 pieces of puzzle for fire...
heat--flourescent light bulb
oxidizer--room air
fuel--paper towel

wvdisneyfamily

I don't think I would go so far as to say BEST, but it's definitely in our top three. I just love everything about Boma, from the fantastic(and unique) buffet to the amazing atmosphere, everything about Boma is top notch Disney dining at it's finest.

I'm glad they were able to contain the fire, It would break my heart if they had to close it down(for whatever reason).

The best meal on property is Artist Point. Boma is good, but not like Artist Point.

PhilharMagician

I love how "Hope it isn't closed, we have ADRs!" comes before "I hope everyone is okay" or "I hope the damage isn't extensive." :rolleyes:

If DisneyStu's update is accurate, it was a minor incident and no one was hurt but come on, people...

I don't think you should worry, October is a long way away. This is minor.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I don't think you should worry, October is a long way away. This is minor.

I'm sure that it wasn't a matter of anybody being in danger. Most likely someone saw/smelled the smoke and immediatley reported it to the nearest CM. I doubt they even had smoke damage if they had it put out before Reedy Creek was needed. :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
A flourescent light can ignite something just as easy as a incandescent one. Flourescent lights produce alot of heat and given on how dry something is effects how quickly it will reach its ignition temperature. 3 pieces of puzzle for fire...
heat--flourescent light bulb
oxidizer--room air
fuel--paper towel
I am not sure which florescent lights you are using but the ones I use can be removed with your bare hand after they have been on all day.

The surface temperature of a standard 60w incandescent bulb will come in around 260 degrees. A comparable florescent bulb only heats up to around 90 degrees.

WDWRLD

I am not sure which florescent lights you are using but the ones I use can be removed with your bare hand after they have been on all day.

The surface temperature of a standard 60w incandescent bulb will come in around 260 degrees. A comparable florescent bulb only heats up to around 90 degrees.

Yes but remember, its a paper towell up against a source of heat which will dry it out. Then the paper towell also acts as a insulator to trap the 90 degree heat which will rise to a much higher temperature causing ignition. If you read some of the packaging on CF lamps they say not for use in enclosed fixtures. The enclosure will trap heat causing melting of lamp parts such as solder on the circut board and the plastic housing.

no1swfanindy

I just herd form a close cast member that there was a fire in one of the bathrooms at BOMA
no further details at the moment.
will post if I here more

Has anyone been able to confirm this? Local news? Anything other than a rumor?

I certainly hope that if it is true, that no one was hurt and that there was not alot of damage caused.

We are actually planning on visiting AKL and Boma on our trip next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom