Finding Nemo - The Musical preview photos

KevinPage

Why would they not put masks on the performers faces? That always killed the illusion and mystical quality for me of the Epcot Parade, Tapestry of Nations & it looks like it would be a huge distraction on Nemo as well.

Or does performers wearing masks on a light and friendly show too "creepy" for Disney to do :confused:

ilvdisney

In Lion King on Broadway the fact that there were no masks over the actors faces allowed the actors to use facial expressions that you just wouldn't get from the mask or the costume. Once I got used to it, I thought it was pretty neat. Seems like this show uses similar costuming (and no masks).

seabee1

Thats a bummer, I was thinking that it would be showing by the time we went in Dec. Oh well, maybe we will get a preview.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I kind of like what they did with the human element of the show. If you look at the actors, their costumes appear to be reflections of the puppets. Especially the nemo and nemos father.

imagineersrock

Thats a bummer, I was thinking that it would be showing by the time we went in Dec. Oh well, maybe we will get a preview.
Everything I've ever heard from Disney always pointed to a "late November" grand opening... Not sure where this new January info came from unless they're running behind on schedule. At least we can all agree preview performances should still be starting early November, but If show soft-openings are anything like ride soft-openings I don't see why you wouldn't be able to see it if you're going in December.

dxwwf3

Those pictures have me even more excited than I was before. I was super pumped to hear that they were creating original songs JUST FOR THE ATTRACTION. And now I can say that I enjoy the style as well. Since we are going to Disneyland this summer, it might be a while before I get to go to WDW again, but as soon as I get back, this will be the first thing I check out.

Incredibles

I think most of us (assuming) will like this, are looking forward to it, and the pictures look like it is going to be really cool. However, most of us on this board are not children. Who is this performance supposed to be catering to? If it is within Walt's idea that parents and children are entertained, then it might do that. It definitely will cater to adults. But I could see children having a hard time with it.

I have seen the Broadway version Lion King, and it is awesome. However, the audience at your average Broadway show is not child based. It wasn't the night I saw Lion King. The average audience for the new Nemo show will definitely be full of children as well as adults.

To make a long story longer, I could just see the kids watching this show as being mesmorized in the beginning and then the appeal wearing off halfway through when they finally realize that people are on stage too. "Mommy, why is that man holding Nemo up with a stick?"

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think most of us (assuming) will like this, are looking forward to it, and the pictures look like it is going to be really cool. However, most of us on this board are not children. Who is this performance supposed to be catering to? If it is within Walt's idea that parents and children are entertained, then it might do that. It definitely will cater to adults. But I could see children having a hard time with it.

I have seen the Broadway version Lion King, and it is awesome. However, the audience at your average Broadway show is not child based. It wasn't the night I saw Lion King. The average audience for the new Nemo show will definitely be full of children as well as adults.

To make a long story longer, I could just see the kids watching this show as being mesmorized in the beginning and then the appeal wearing off halfway through when they finally realize that people are on stage too. "Mommy, why is that man holding Nemo up with a stick?"

Using that logic, why did they build half of Downtown Disney? Also, there are human aspects of Beauty and the Beast, and it remains very popular.

wannab@dis

Did you ever see "Legend of the Lion King" at Magic Kingdom? This new show appears to be similar and the MK Lion King show was super popular with adults AND kids. Quite honestly, I don't agree that Nemo - The Musical will not appeal to kids.

The pictures look awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing this new show!

I have seen the Lion King on broadway 3 times. For 2 of those trips we had a child with us, and there were definetly more children in the audience as well. I think they get caught up in the story and the amazing puppets/sets. I don't see any reason why this show won't be great for both adults and children.

gboiler1

WOW! Incredible, I didn't picture them like this. I'm even more excited now and from what I've heard it will be open about a couple weeks before we get there! Sweet!

lwalker8

The size and detail of those puppets is incredible. I was not expecting anything like this, but I think this will be a great show!

jvenegas

Everything I've ever heard from Disney always pointed to a "late November" grand opening... Not sure where this new January info came from unless they're running behind on schedule. At least we can all agree preview performances should still be starting early November, but If show soft-openings are anything like ride soft-openings I don't see why you wouldn't be able to see it if you're going in December.

Disney's website says "Opening late November":veryconfu

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...Detail?id=FindingNemoMusicalEntertainmentPage

mkepcotmgmak

Tap dancing sharks, puppets riding bicycles, and a punk rock routine by Bruce the shark create theatrical magic and fun throughout the big blue world.

I can't wait to see this part! HAHA! Sounds hilarious!

Also - what does a 1,500 seat theater compare to? VOLM? HISTA? Philhar? I'm not good with judging stuff like that.

Laura

Premium Member

My kids (3 and 5) will love it. I know they will. They love the Nemo characters and love music. I'm excited!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Tap dancing sharks, puppets riding bicycles, and a punk rock routine by Bruce the shark create theatrical magic and fun throughout the big blue world.

I can't wait to see this part! HAHA! Sounds hilarious!

Also - what does a 1,500 seat theater compare to? VOLM? HISTA? Philhar? I'm not good with judging stuff like that.

I would guess similar to Tarzan Rocks? I cant remember if TR was bench seating or actual seats. I am assuming that they have gone with regular seats in this theatre?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom