'Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!'

wdwfan22

It went from being a Broadway caliber show to just another theme park production. The pacing is off and feels rushed. The big blue world segment just doesn't feel as grand either as in the original production. Also, some of the wow moments have also been eliminated the wire stunts the jellyfish and giant Nigel puppet. The vocals were also not great during my performance, but it's a new show and those will hopefully improve in time. It's not an awful show, but not great either.

MrPromey

Do yourself a favor and go to YouTube. Look up Dick Tracy Starring in Diamond Double Cross. Watch it. It's probably the best show Disney has ever put in a theme park, although original Nemo rivals it. That was, far as I know, all new music as well, and it really worked. Shame the film it was based on flopped badly.

Speaking of shows that were better received than their movies...

JohnD

As expected, the new show is actually really good. All the hysteria for nothing.

Of course it's good. It's a condensed version of the original with all the music everyone remembers. Just as Tiki Birds and Country Bears are condensed versions of those AA shows. But with all the hype, I was expecting a show with a new story.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It went from being a Broadway caliber show to just another theme park production. The pacing is off and feels rushed. The big blue world segment just doesn't feel as grand either as in the original production. Also, some of the wow moments have also been eliminated the wire stunts the jellyfish and giant Nigel puppet. The vocals were also not great during my performance, but it's a new show and those will hopefully improve in time. It's not an awful show, but not great either.
My thoughts exactly.

I feel the name change was fitting. Considering “Finding Nemo the Musical” sounds a lot more professional.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Because it's the same show as before, just with some songs/scenes and performers cut.

If you liked it before, there's no real reason you wouldn't like it now.
I disagree. Like the other poster said, a lot of “wow!” Spectacle pieces have been cut, as well as the original set pieces which were much more detailed and impressive... plus other aspects.

There are plenty of reasons why fans of the original can be upset over the changes.

It’s not a bad show, but it’s not an improvement. It’s a half step backwards from the quality of before.

It’s the celebration of the festival of Finding Nemo. 🤷🏻‍♂️

mightynine

I disagree. Like the other poster said, a lot of “wow!” Spectacle pieces have been cut, as well as the original set pieces which were much more detailed and impressive... plus other aspects.

There are plenty of reasons why fans of the original can be upset over the changes.

It’s not a bad show, but it’s not an improvement. It’s a half step backwards from the quality of before.

It’s the celebration of the festival of Finding Nemo. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh, I didn't say I agreed with the changes.

I just don't think it's a "new" show by any means. It's definitely looks like a Celebration Of Finding Nemo: The Musical. But there might be enough to satisfy.

At least it's capacity that'll keep people off the pathways for a half-hour+.

JustInTime

Of course it's good. It's a condensed version of the original with all the music everyone remembers. Just as Tiki Birds and Country Bears are condensed versions of those AA shows. But with all the hype, I was expecting a show with a new story.
Go back and read the first few pages of this thread. Lol

JustInTime

Because it's the same show as before, just with some songs/scenes and performers cut.

If you liked it before, there's no real reason you wouldn't like it now.
Have you just been reading this thread the last few years? The doom and gloom posters who immediately chimed in how terrible it would be? Or not retiring at all? Glad you weren’t one of them but they were definitely around in abundance.

DisneyfanMA

Don't know much of the history beyond the quick article here, but 25 min is way more appealing to me than 45. Unless it's something like Indiana Jones Stunt Spectcular I'm not throwing away almost an hour in the park for a puppet show. That's too long imo. Looks good and if we can fit it in would be a good take. Definitely want to mix up our visit with rides, shows, music, food, fireworks etc.

edit: just looked it up and even Indiana Jones is 25 min.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Have you just been reading this thread the last few years? The doom and gloom posters who immediately chimed in how terrible it would be? Or not retiring at all? Glad you weren’t one of them but they were definitely around in abundance.
With all the cuts that have been made to entertainment it wasn’t unreasonable to fear the worst. (Non-equity cast, simplified show, etc.).

I’m happy they have kept the equity cast, and I’m glad that I was wrong about that part of the prediction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom