Finding Nemo sequel: Finding Dory

NowInc

I love how so many people are against sequels thinking its going to take away from original movies. Pixar opened up a 2nd studio in Canada a few years ago in order to take on many more projects..including these sequel/prequels. This is going to make piles of money for the company, and its only beneficial to do these sort of things to gain revenue to continue making NEW content as well. (Tho, I'm sorry..I think Cars 2 is by far the worst cartoon to come out of "disney" to date)

Someone also mentioned that they want an incredible sequel before this...well..good things come to those who wait ;)

Sped2424

Let's see, John Lasseteer comes in to Feature Animation a few years back and kills sequels to animated films (Dumbo, etc.). Flash forward...Cars 2, Monsters University, Finding Dory...I think corporate accountant aliens have eaten his brain. Sad.
You forgot toy story 2 which was done in 1999 but nobody seems to hate that one :/ Cars 2 did suck but I have hope for monsters university and the nemo sequel I think they are going to be great additions to the pixar line up!

Cosmic Commando

Most unneeded sequel of all time perhaps?
It's just as unnecessary as Toy Story 2 and 3. I'd say those turned out pretty well. Really... think about how Toy Story ended. Everything was wrapped up so nicely. It doesn't mean there aren't other stories that can be told in that universe.

Thank you for posting this! The FIRST thing I thought of when I heard the news was: "I can't wait to see what Ellen says!"

Although I love Finding Nemo (I don't know how many times I've seen it, I could probably quote the entire movie), I'm quite upset it's getting a sequel before The Incredibles. The Incredibles is in my top three favorite Pixar films and it gets no love. I don't understand it. Brad Bird needs to write that script already.

Finding Dory should make for an interesting plot, nonetheless.
Brad Bird is a big-time movie director now, and I don't think they'll make another Incredibles without him. :(

CJR

I'm OK with this and will probably see it in theaters.

Even if it's not as good as the original, the Pixar sequels have all been decent, IMO (even Cars 2).

The Pixar sequels have all been > The 90's and early 2000's Disney Animation sequels. They don't compare. Are they necessary? Nope, but they could also be a lot worse.

lego606

MagicBandit
Disney also announced a new attraction for Finding Dory
1625863.jpg

Where is it stated it's a prequel?
It's a one-year later sequel. Dory somehow found her way to the California coast.

BrianLo

I think this is totally acceptable news! Why? Because Pixar currently is ALSO releasing a completely original movie during their summer timeslot (The Inside the Mind Movie). I'm glad they are finally hitting the two movies a year benchmark, it allows them to stretch their creative muscles while still returning to previous movies. I actually would argue that Pixar has too many ideas and was not just producing movies fast enough. Of course if an idea happens to involve returning to a previous franchise that's going to be where Disney would like them to head.

Also can I just point out the following....

Pirates 5, Star Wars VII, Avengers II, Finding Dory + (At least one additional Marvel and Pixar movie) in 2015. Who knows what else...

Is it just coincidence that Bob Iger is retiring that year as well? Way to end on a guaranteed box office smashing high note.

bethymouse

Well- I absolutely love Toy Story ( all of them).
I am sure that this new Nemo movie will be excellent! Looking forward to it!;)
Can't wait for Monsters U. and Planes this summer!:D
I actually liked Cars 2, but I know I'm in the minority. I just love Mater!;)

imagineer boy

I'm not against sequels, it's what they're making sequels to. Cars did not need a sequel. Monsters Inc. did not need a sequel. And Finding Nemo most certainly does not need a sequel. Now the Incredibles was practically MADE for a sequel. I'm seriously very shocked that Pixar didn't cash in on it as a franchise.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I'm not against sequels, it's what they're making sequels to. Cars did not need a sequel. Monsters Inc. did not need a sequel. And Finding Nemo most certainly does not need a sequel. Now the Incredibles was practically MADE for a sequel. I'm seriously very shocked that Pixar didn't cash in on it as a franchise.
I wonder if there was an agreement with the Marvel deal where Disney agreed not to pursue development of super heroes outside of the Marvel Universe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom