Finding Nemo in Living Seas: semi confirmed!

Bayou_Tigerfan

My point was that Nemo is a perfect fit for TLS, because that is his habitat -- and the habitat of sharks and turtles and crabs and everything in the movie. Isn't the whole idea of Epcot to make education fun and interesting? Why not Nemo? Why is it important to keep Epcot "free" of characters?

Finding Nemo is a movie that portrays sea life in a realistic and educational fashion. It is the very opposite of Fantasyland and fairy tales. Finding Nemo doesn't have flying pixies, chesire cats, blue fairies, evil witches, or even mermaids. If Nemo isn't to go into TLS, the place for him is in AK, not in Fantasyland.

To say that Nemo "is a better fit" in the 20K lagoon is just not true. In fact, it is impossible for me to imagine a good way to fit Nemo into the lagoon at all. I would love to hear ideas as to how such an attraction would work and why people would ride it. Plastic coral and plastic sharks would be a farce.

As one who loved the movie and the old 20K ride, I have a certain nostalgia for the submarines, but I'm realistic enough to see that the ride would be incredibly lame by today's standards.

It's like saying that a video arcade should put in Pong and Pacman. They were the greatest games of their day, and I would enjoy playing them still; but today's youth would be bored stiff.

Dayma

Plastic coral and plastic sharks would be a farce.

I do find it funny how a big yellow Pooh and Pirates singing " Yo ho Yo ho".....is not a farce :) Its no different then what some people are suggesting for for the 20k lagoon. I think that either if its in the Living Seas or 20K lagoon it will be good........

BTW I much prefer plastic sharks while I am swimming in the ocean :)

TrevEG

Originally posted by Bayou_Tigerfan
Finding Nemo is a movie that portrays sea life in a realistic and educational fashion. It is the very opposite of Fantasyland and fairy tales. Finding Nemo doesn't have flying pixies, chesire cats, blue fairies, evil witches, or even mermaids. If Nemo isn't to go into TLS, the place for him is in AK, not in Fantasyland.

You're absolutely right. No blue faires, no mermaids. In fact, I don't believe there is anything in there that makes the movie unrealistic or un-fantasy like at all is there? You know.. with exception of the TALKING FISH. :lol: Serisouly. Its a reality based, fantasy movie that teaches a lesson. Isn't that what all, true disney films should be?

Originally posted by Bayou_Tigerfan To say that Nemo "is a better fit" in the 20K lagoon is just not true. In fact, it is impossible for me to imagine a good way to fit Nemo into the lagoon at all. I would love to hear ideas as to how such an attraction would work and why people would ride it. Plastic coral and plastic sharks would be a farce.[/B]

If they were to re-construct the 20k lagoon no one said they'd have to re-stock it with plastic fish. I give the imagineers more credit than that. I just don't understand why you are so hard pressed about this? :veryconfu

Glasgow

Well, I can honestly see how Nemo would fit in both TLS and 20k. I'm not too worried about it - I'd rather see it in 20k but whatever. I'm sure they'll come up with something good regardless

MicBat

My point was that Nemo is a perfect fit for TLS, because that is his habitat -- and the habitat of sharks and turtles and crabs and everything in the movie. Isn't the whole idea of Epcot to make education fun and interesting? Why not Nemo? Why is it important to keep Epcot "free" of characters?

To say that Nemo "is a better fit" in the 20K lagoon is just not true. In fact, it is impossible for me to imagine a good way to fit Nemo into the lagoon at all. I would love to hear ideas as to how such an attraction would work and why people would ride it. Plastic coral and plastic sharks would be a farce.

As one who loved the movie and the old 20K ride, I have a certain nostalgia for the submarines, but I'm realistic enough to see that the ride would be incredibly lame by today's standards.

It's like saying that a video arcade should put in Pong and Pacman. They were the greatest games of their day, and I would enjoy playing them still; but today's youth would be bored stiff.
I know Exactly what you're trying to say. Im sure they wouldn't turn the attraction into a "Finding Nemo" attraction. They'd use more of a "The Living Seas Featuring Nemo" or something along those lines. Let's just keep it this way... there's no way those tanks are going anywhere!...
And to all of those who are all for keeping characters out of Epcot... They tried to do that in the beginning... It didn't work!! Figment ended up being one of the highest selling piece of Disney merchandise, therefore, they wanted more characters... Disney is not going to pass up a perfectly good merchandising opportunity!

Dsnyboi69

Just a question, I know it has nothing to do with The Living Seas but, has anyone heard anything about Spaceship Earth being made into a rollercoaster like Rockin Roller Coaster?

Bayou_Tigerfan

You're absolutely right. No blue faires, no mermaids. In fact, I don't believe there is anything in there that makes the movie unrealistic or un-fantasy like at all is there? You know.. with exception of the TALKING FISH. Serisouly. Its a reality based, fantasy movie that teaches a lesson. Isn't that what all, true disney films should be?

Disney's animated films can basically be divided into two categories. One category is made up of fairy tales or stories that involve magic. You can include Cinderella, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Fantasia, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, Peter Pan, and Pinocchio in this category, among others. To me, this is what Fantasyland is really about.

The other category of films involve stories of animals that think and talk like people, yet have all the normal physical characteristics of animals. Movies in this category are 101 Dalmations, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, The Aristocats, Oliver & Co., The Rescuers, The Lion King, The Fox and the Hound, A Bug's Life, and now Finding Nemo. From my point of view, these movies are best represented with attractions in Animal Kingdom.

I recognize that other Disney movies do not fit neatly into either of these categories and that two of them (Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh) are represented in Fantasyland. I also recognize that many of these movies are appropriately represented in MGM and other parts of WDW. I'm just explaining why (for me anyway) Nemo would feel wrong in Fantasyland.

If they were to re-construct the 20k lagoon no one said they'd have to re-stock it with plastic fish. I give the imagineers more credit than that. I just don't understand why you are so hard pressed about this?

I also give the imagineers more credit than that -- which is why they won't try to put a new attraction into the lagoon. :cool:

imagineersrock

Disney's animated films can basically be divided into two categories. One category is made up of fairy tales or stories that involve magic. You can include Cinderella, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Fantasia, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, Peter Pan, and Pinocchio in this category, among others. To me, this is what Fantasyland is really about.

The other category of films involve stories of animals that think and talk like people, yet have all the normal physical characteristics of animals. Movies in this category are 101 Dalmations, Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, The Aristocats, Oliver & Co., The Rescuers, The Lion King, The Fox and the Hound, A Bug's Life, and now Finding Nemo. From my point of view, these movies are best represented with attractions in Animal Kingdom.

I recognize that other Disney movies do not fit neatly into either of these categories and that two of them (Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh) are represented in Fantasyland. I also recognize that many of these movies are appropriately represented in MGM and other parts of WDW. I'm just explaining why (for me anyway) Nemo would feel wrong in Fantasyland.

I also give the imagineers more credit than that -- which is why they won't try to put a new attraction into the lagoon. :cool:

hmm.... very good points, i never even really looked at it from that perspective. but then again, practically all of those movies can fit into any of those categories, it depends how you look at it.... -but still, good points made:cool: the only question; do you really believe nothing will come of the lagoon? -and why?

Bayou_Tigerfan

do you really believe nothing will come of the lagoon? -and why?

'm not an expert on this, but there are other threads where people have said that there is now no room for a queue area there.

My own personal opinion is that Fantasyland is too crowded now anyway to add another attraction in the lagoon area, especially with Philharmagic opening.

TrevEG

My own personal opinion is that Fantasyland is too crowded now anyway to add another attraction in the lagoon area, especially with Philharmagic opening.

Good point. So maybe not a ride... but a water stunt spectacular featuring Nemo? :rolleyes: ... Guess not. :) It's true that this area is very crowded but something really needs to be done with this place. And I mean besides a character meet and greet. :mad: On a side note, I have heard more than one person mention that something is going to happen to this area really soon and that we will hear about it shortly... So I guess we'll just have to wait and sea. (get it... sea... finding nemo..? Ok. Im finished.)

Bayou_Tigerfan

Good point. So maybe not a ride... but a water stunt spectacular featuring Nemo? ... Guess not. It's true that this area is very crowded but something really needs to be done with this place. And I mean besides a character meet and greet. On a side note, I have heard more than one person mention that something is going to happen to this area really soon and that we will hear about it shortly... So I guess we'll just have to wait and sea. (get it... sea... finding nemo..? Ok. Im finished.)

Yeah, it sounds like what they're talking about will open up more space and basically enlarge the park; if that happens you would definitely have room for another attraction, which would be awesome. :)

Poncho1973

I've got this little laughing Nemo squirt gun fish that I got at McDonalds and sometimes I put him in the bathtub and pretend it's the 20K Lagoon OR the Living Seas and then when I take him out he's not in it anymore. Then if I put him back in it, he's there again BUT if I take him out again, he's definitely not there. He laughs when you push his fin and squirts little kids right in the eye, but the instructions say not to squirt people in the eye. I do, though. Make sure you take him OUT of the plastic bag though or he won't squirt AND you have to put him UNDER the water to fill him up AND don't squirt little kids in the eyes like me.

Hope this clears up what to do with Nemo.

Langdonj

Turns out this was all a big misunderstanding. Eisner (which is Disney with a different 1st and last letter :rolleyes: ) said they were adding "Finding Nimoy to Mission Space" :eek:

PuertoRekinSam

What I would like to sea (get it ha ha, oh the dry humor, but it' can't be dry if I'm talking about water... ok I'll stop) Let me try again

What I would like to see is if the Sea Cabs were reopened, is to do glass reflected animation, using the Teacher sting ray, being projected onto the glass teaching us about what we are seeing... what forms coral, what kinds of fish we might see, ect...

Put Nemo, or his father in the preshow but make sure it keeps the educational values that can reach to the entire family.

PuertoRekinSam

What I would like to sea (get it ha ha, oh the dry humor, but it' can't be dry if I'm talking about water... ok I'll stop) Let me try again

What I would like to see is if the Sea Cabs were reopened, is to do glass reflected animation, using the Teacher sting ray, being projected onto the glass teaching us about what we are seeing... what forms coral, what kinds of fish we might see, ect...

Put Nemo, or his father in the preshow but make sure it keeps the educational values that can reach to the entire family.

DisneyJill

I would just like to see SOMETHING done with LS. The last time I went on it (which was some time ago) I thought it was badly in need of updating then. Those hydrolator things that only descend an inch are kind of lame, IMO. I agree that the best set up would be to have an educational movie like the Circle of Life movie that would feature Nemo. That would only be a little character-ification, right? :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom