Finding Nemo in Living Seas: semi confirmed!

Luke1984

Woo Hoo! Living Seas definetly needs something new. I hope they do it right though.

Maybe a Finding Nemo family type attraction and then new things to do around the Living Seas. They could put some kid friendly interactive things around and maybe some new informative things around for adults.

I just hope they do it right. It sucks when they re-do an attraction and it doesn't bring it back to life.

TrevEG

Originally posted by RickEff
Sorry - I thought it would be obvious since I quoted it, (and based on what I said earlier in this thread) that I agreed with what Trev said.

In other words (if needed) I share Trev's opinion.

Rick

Hey. Thanx for the backup. :) Thanx also goes out to AdLibSean.... Sea Cabs! I couldn't remember that name for the life of me.

wdwjmp239

Character Themes In Epcot

I agree that there are three other parks to have "cutesy" character tie-ins, but it's pretty interesting to see what other angle a character can be viewed in. I never really thought of Epcot being a "character-type" park to begin with. But then again.. what do I know? I just go to Disney... I don't work there ;)

Poncho1973

Originally posted by blm07
basically EPCOT is dead

This is a ridiculous statement. It could use some improving... wait.. it IS being improved, but it's rather alive. I think you could justify yourself saying that certain things INSIDE Epcot are dead... certain things in Future World ARE dead during certain parts of the day (thus the limited hours).

Epcot is not DEAD.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Poncho1973
This is a ridiculous statement. It could use some improving... wait.. it IS being improved, but it's rather alive. I think you could justify yourself saying that certain things INSIDE Epcot are dead... certain things in Future World ARE dead during certain parts of the day (thus the limited hours).

Epcot is not DEAD.

Epcot? Dead? I agree -- that is the most ludicrous statement ever made. I don't think it's dead, either. I would have to say that after 9/11 and how shaky the economy is, it could be "dead" in that aspect because no one wants to travel. But, as far as the ideas and concepts that keep Epcot what it is, no way, Epcot is pretty much here to stay.

You know what? I'm thinking about a disney trip really soon. I've been posting on this board way2much ;)

(not saying there's anything wrong with it)

Bayou_Tigerfan

I have a feeling that if they go ahead and add Nemo, the actual set up of the attraction/aquarium exhibit will pretty much be the same thing. I doubt any rides will open up. My guess is that the old, old movie that plays before you go in the hydrolaters will be updated, most likely in a fashion similar to The Circle of Life in THe Land....there'll probably be a little movie with Nemo and friends that involves real life histories and situations involving the oceans.

Actually, the rumor I heard was that it's going to be "Nemo's Shark Escape!", where you race on the world's only underwater rollercoaster at speeds of 75 miles per hour! "Hold on tight to the back of your turtle, folks, and look out for the jellyfish!"

Just think ... if WDI would do this, they could upset the character haters and the thrill ride haters at the same time. :rolleyes: There would be thousands of posts about the loss of Walt's vision and how the whole park is being ruined. Wouldn't we all have lots of fun?

Glasgow

I haven't read this entire thread, but I'd really prefer if they kept Living Seas as more of a serious type attraction. I think Nemo is better suited for the lagoon at 20k Leagues, plus the name similarities lend more favor to the idea. Nemo the fish .. Nemo the Nautilus Captain. Not a coincidence

ImagineerFan04

Yes Living Seas can use something new. Bring bak the seacabs mabe put in an attraction with the finding nemo charecters.and put some of those fishy facts you see on the disney channal in there. Then mabe an attraction from Disney Sea in tokyo like storm rider.

But don't make thehole pavilion a finding nemo pavilion!!!!

FatherForce

Actually. if you pay attention to Finding Nemo, you'll find there is a treasure trove of valuable science lessons in the movie. Adding Nemo to the Living Seas seems like a perfect way of introducing young ones to marine biology. I could see overhead video diplays of Marlin or the science teacher "ray" explaing to Nemo about the sealife in the tanks.
I look forward to the addition.

imagineersrock

Originally posted by Glasgow
I haven't read this entire thread, but I'd really prefer if they kept Living Seas as more of a serious type attraction. I think Nemo is better suited for the lagoon at 20k Leagues, plus the name similarities lend more favor to the idea. Nemo the fish .. Nemo the Nautilus Captain. Not a coincidence

nicely said- my thought exactly:cool:

AndyMagic

Originally posted by Glasgow
Agreed. It just seems like Nemo belongs in the 20k lagoon and if he isn't put there, talk about a wasted opportunity!! Although, I suppose Nemo could go in Living Seas and a Little Mermaid ride could go into the lagoon. Either way, both Mermaid and Nemo should find their way into the Disney parks! Whatever happened to building dark rides in Fantasyland based on great Disney animated films!?!

Dayma

Agreed. It just seems like Nemo belongs in the 20k lagoon and if he isn't put there, talk about a wasted opportunity!! Although, I suppose Nemo could go in Living Seas and a Little Mermaid ride could go into the lagoon. Either way, both Mermaid and Nemo should find their way into the Disney parks! Whatever happened to building dark rides in Fantasyland based on great Disney animated films!?!

I agree. Either way they do this is fine with me. I do agree MORE MORE darkrides!

The 20K area may still be too costly to convert but I hope that it isnt and they do put Nemo into it.

Bayou_Tigerfan

I think Nemo is better suited for the lagoon at 20k Leagues, plus the name similarities lend more favor to the idea. Nemo the fish .. Nemo the Nautilus Captain. Not a coincidence

Um, well, there is a problem here -- namely that the 20K is a freshwater pool and Nemo would die there, as would his friends. That was precisely the problem with the 20K attraction.

TLS, on the other hand, is actually like the world that Nemo lives in (in fact, that's the point of TLS).

Just so I understand this right, what you want is another slow submarine with cheesy artificial reefs and fake fish, right? Such an attraction would be truly hideous.

Glasgow

Whoa .. take it easy Bayou. No one made any mention of a cheesy sub ride or fresh vs salt water accomodations for a fictitious fish :veryconfu

We just feel that Nemo would be better in fantasyland than in epcot. It's an OPINION - nothing more. Something like an underwater 3d simulation where you emulate Nemo or follow him, like an advanced star tours would be good, or some other dark ride

Don L Duck

EPCOT IS NOT DEAD IT FEELS BETTER.

I think that it's the best park at the world I love walking around and listening to all the different types of music and watching the dancing waters.

It's just a calm and cool place to visit it's a great place to pause and reflect on things and it's very pleasing to the eye, to me it's what Walt was all about.

I somehow feel his presence when I'm there, and having a Nemo tie in is not a bad idea it could be just that little something extra that part of the park needs. :D :D

AndyMagic

Originally posted by Bayou_Tigerfan
Um, well, there is a problem here -- namely that the 20K is a freshwater pool and Nemo would die there, as would his friends. That was precisely the problem with the 20K attraction.

TLS, on the other hand, is actually like the world that Nemo lives in (in fact, that's the point of TLS).

Just so I understand this right, what you want is another slow submarine with cheesy artificial reefs and fake fish, right? Such an attraction would be truly hideous.
What exactly are you talking about? Who cares about fresh vs. saltwater habitat when they are talking fish!?! Also, no one said anything about having a sub ride at all. We were just talking about the sub lagoon AREA being the best place to put the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom