Finding Nemo in Living Seas: semi confirmed!

KevinPage

Original Poster
According to Jim Hill Media.com, Eisner was at some event in NY the past week and stated that a Finding Nemo Attraction would be in the Living Seas soon.

Great news if you ask me :)

Kevin

RickEff

Not great news for me. EPCOT has always been about discovery, and human endeavours, not about cute Disney characters or movie tie-ins. Don't get me wrong - I love the characters, and think they're a lot of fun! But we have three other parks for them.

EPCOT is currently my favourite park - I'd hate to see it lose that place in my heart by its own design. I'd rather see something better come along and bump EPCOT off!

My 2c

Rick

KevinPage

Original Poster
Well, The Land has the Lion King show and Imagination has Honey I Shrunk the Audience, so are those bad as they are movie tie ins?

Living Seas needs a HUGE shot in the arm. Granted, if they make it a whole Nemo pavillion, then yeah, they are straying from the concept, but just like the Lion King show in The Land. If it is merely a attraction within the pavillion, then its all good by me :)

Kevin

RickEff

Originally posted by KevinPage
Well, The Land has the Lion King show and Imagination has Honey I Shrunk the Audience, so are those bad as they are movie tie ins?

Living Seas needs a HUGE shot in the arm. Granted, if they make it a whole Nemo pavillion, then yeah, they are straying from the concept, but just like the Lion King show in The Land. If it is merely a attraction within the pavillion, then its all good by me :)

Kevin

You raise an excellent point, thank you for the perspective.

If they keep it similar to what they did in The Land with the Lion King I can handle it. That's very well done and is in keeping with EPCOTs original premise, I think. As for HISTA - in the Imagination pavilion they've always had 3D movies there so I can see a natural tie in. (By the way - was there another 3D movie other than HISTA and Captain EO?)

I guess I'm just worried that they'll try to turn EPCOT into something it's not meant to be. I guess I'll have to trust that there is still some vision.

Rick

Figaro

(By the way - was there another 3D movie other than HISTA and Captain EO?)

Yes there was a one with a very annoying kid doing all kinds of stuff, which for some reason I am drawing a total blank on the name of it. (But I know, it'll come to me later and I'll have the song stuck in my head all day!) It moved to the MK for a while after Captian EO opened.

blm07

Well its happening, basically EPCOT is dead, besides Spaceship Earth, Maelstrom and El Rio, there are no real good old rides.

And the 3D show was Magic Journeys

TrevEG

Why does everyone say that EPCOT is either dying or already dead? With a brand new ride opening (which I havent heard a single bad thing about) and a number one spot as the most affordable theme park in the country according to Consumer Reports (I think that's who it was..?) I'd say this park is on a pretty good role. Just because the park doesn't appeal to the die hard thrill seekers doesn't mean it is a dead park. Trust me. I love the edge of your seat, heart stopping thrill rides just as much as the next guy. But there is so much else to do at Epcot that you just can't do anywhere else. And that, IMHO, is why Epcot will always be the better of the parks.

Also... a few ideas for placing Nemo into the Living Seas... And Id hate to see this pavilion become completely overun by a disney character... They could re-open that people-mover like ride (can't remember what it was called...) and have it narrated by the characters of the movie. And then maybe incorporate them into some of the plaques that explain what you are looking at here and there. Just a thought.

Dayma

Well its happening, basically EPCOT is dead, besides Spaceship Earth, Maelstrom and El Rio, there are no real good old rides.

Maelstrom is not that old.

Also I think its hard to say Epcot is dead now that they have Test Track and M:S which are two of the most favored rides or will be at Disney.

DisneyCane

Epcot is about discovery and not cute disney characters???? How much discovery took place on the original Journey into Imagination? I guess figment isn't a cute disney character!

EpcoTim

Id much rather see a big Nemo ride at MGM and leave it out of the Living Seas. The Living Seas does need a serious redo......but bringing in a character isnt the redo it needs. Id rather see a journey into the deep, Discovery Channel type ride, that takes you through the tanks, then maybe into a Imax type film. Or something......anything........just not Nemo.....make Nemo an MGM ride.

RickEff

Originally posted by TrevEG
Why does everyone say that EPCOT is either dying or already dead? With a brand new ride opening (which I havent heard a single bad thing about) and a number one spot as the most affordable theme park in the country according to Consumer Reports (I think that's who it was..?) I'd say this park is on a pretty good role. Just because the park doesn't appeal to the die hard thrill seekers doesn't mean it is a dead park. Trust me. I love the edge of your seat, heart stopping thrill rides just as much as the next guy. But there is so much else to do at Epcot that you just can't do anywhere else. And that, IMHO, is why Epcot will always be the better of the parks.

Also... a few ideas for placing Nemo into the Living Seas... And Id hate to see this pavilion become completely overun by a disney character... They could re-open that people-mover like ride (can't remember what it was called...) and have it narrated by the characters of the movie. And then maybe incorporate them into some of the plaques that explain what you are looking at here and there. Just a thought.

I have nothing to add - just thought it deserved a requote :D

RickEff

Sorry - I thought it would be obvious since I quoted it, (and based on what I said earlier in this thread) that I agreed with what Trev said.

In other words (if needed) I share Trev's opinion.

Rick

AdLibSean

Maybe instead of a full attraction- Nemo will just act as a host, or make a special appearence or something. It'd be a great way to bring back the sea cabs!

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by RickEff
Not great news for me. EPCOT has always been about discovery, and human endeavours, not about cute Disney characters or movie tie-ins. Don't get me wrong - I love the characters, and think they're a lot of fun! But we have three other parks for them.

EPCOT is currently my favourite park - I'd hate to see it lose that place in my heart by its own design. I'd rather see something better come along and bump EPCOT off!

My 2c

Rick

i agree i think that Epcot surely needs a boast...but bu puttin charcaters in it..just isnt it for me.....i think that what makes it so great is that it is different..not surrounding itself with characters.........

MicBat

Originally posted by AdLibSean
Maybe instead of a full attraction- Nemo will just act as a host, or make a special appearence or something. It'd be a great way to bring back the sea cabs!
That's what I was thinking... Not a whole "Finding Nemo" attraction, just an addition of the characters at a few spots to keep things interesting.

Katherine

As long as they keep it educament(or whatever they call it)I think will be fine. They did a nice job with incorporating the Lion King over at the Land pavilion I'm sure they can put the voices of Nemo and the gang in without hurting the meaning of the show/attraction. I just hope they do something with Epcot I'm glad everything is starting to come together. Or atleast it looks that way.

mkepcotmgmak

ok, i am a lover of epcot myself, and i totally agree that epcot should not get carried away with disney characters and turn into a big tomorrowland like in the mk, BUT... lets say they throw some in here and there, we get to keep our fav. rides that make epcot what we love, and disney makes more money and epcot becomes more popular. a LOT of guests think epcot to be "boring" and un "family friendly" . i think that m:s will help tremendously, but it will not help the family aspect. we have to meet in the middle.
we all love epcot so much becuase it takes and appreciation to love it. unlike the mk for the fantasy and studios for thrills and ak for whatever reason... you have to truly appreciate the sense of epcot, so by throwing in a few "DISNEYFIED" rides, the people will begin coming, then hopefully grow interest in other aspects of the park. anytime you encourage new guests into your park, it can't be bad. i mean, epcot isn't at all what walt wanted anyway, so lets give it a chance...

JLW11Hi

I have a feeling that if they go ahead and add Nemo, the actual set up of the attraction/aquarium exhibit will pretty much be the same thing. I doubt any rides will open up. My guess is that the old, old movie that plays before you go in the hydrolaters will be updated, most likely in a fashion similar to The Circle of Life in THe Land....there'll probably be a little movie with Nemo and friends that involves real life histories and situations involving the oceans.

Then they'll probably update some of the things in the actual aquarium area, like the short films that play about the Earth and the Ocean (that one with Atlas and the Earth), and probably some of the "fun facts" and other small interactive things they have there.

It will probably be all for the better without losing much of the original attraction, I am guessing :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom