Finding Nemo Enhancement at MK

FLcastmember

Original Poster
The Magic Kingdom Park will be hosting two enhancements to promote Disney and PIXAR's newest movie Finding Nemo. They will begin Friday, May 30, 2003. They are the following:

A "Meet and Greet" at the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC). Guests can meet Nemo and some "Seaweed Friends" at Westgate near the Ferryboat landing. Sets will be for 4 hours in the morning between the hours of 8:15 AM and 12:15 PM.

A "Pre-Parade" float will travel the parade route prior to the 3:00 PM Share a Dream Come True Parade. Nemo and his "Seaweed Friends" will be before the parade after the Grand Marshal unit. "Sea it" Friday, May 30, 2003 here at the Magic Kingdom Park

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
huh... when they'd announce it? Entertainment hasn't even been told... and this is our area

mickey04

Originally posted by FLcastmember
A "Meet and Greet" at the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC). Guests can meet Nemo and some "Seaweed Friends" at Westgate near the Ferryboat landing. Sets will be for 4 hours in the morning between the hours of 8:15 AM and 12:15 PM.

I wonder how exactly they are going to create fish costumes- and make them flexible enough for autograph signing. It should definitely be interesting.:lol:

mkt

Premium Member
I don't think this is gonna be a traditional meet and greet... think puppets and props with human actors

FLcastmember

Original Poster
mkt, didnt you first mention this already in a previous post in another thread? I heard about from the Main Street Headlines, on the Cast Portal. There was info a few days ago about dress rehearsels after park clear, and now an official anouncement about the M and G and parade foat.

BTW, you are in entertainment at Epcot correct? or are you at MK?

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by FLcastmember
BTW, you are in entertainment at Epcot correct? or are you at MK?

all 4 parks... it's the same department. I work mainly at AK and Epcot, but MK is my statused park

mkt

Premium Member
here's a picture of the nemo float.... it's MUCH bigger than it looks

Attachments

• nemo_float.jpg
    nemo_float.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 700

mkt

Premium Member
and one of Nemo's seaweed friends..

Attachments

• seaweedfriend_stilt.jpg
    seaweedfriend_stilt.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 663

Gregory

Originally posted by mkt
here's a picture of the nemo float.... it's MUCH bigger than it looks

That looks like a giant McDonalds toy... anyways, where'd you get those photos? Did you take them (They look professional though...)?

THanks for sharing!

Hey mkt, told ya so... I found out through people who were being trained for it. At least now more details are coming through for it. Now if they can bring out the fish for a meet and greet, they should be able to bring out Flounder... You have no clue as to how often I get asked where Flounder is while I'm at the Grotto. I always though it would have been cool to put a robotic Flounder in the 20K lagoon and it went to random places but at the end of the day it would be programmed to go to a certain "sleep" spot.

mkt

Premium Member
these pictures weren't taken by me... I got them via sources who wish to remain anonymous... anyhoo-

GG,

flounder does in fact exist... I know.. lol. Him and I were playing around last July during a special event. and yes, I do have a clue of how frustrating it is...

I just don't think there's gonna be a walkaround Nemo.. I really doubt it.
oh.. here's the flounder pics.. and a few others

flounder1.jpg

flounder2.jpg

sebastian-ariel.jpg

flounder-sebastian1.jpg

flounder-sebastian2.jpg

flounder-sebastian3.jpg

you have no clue how often I got asked where Sebastian and Flounder are... However, the photographer almost always has Sebastian propped up on their flash. I've never seen those costumes... Now with some of the more rare characters coming out more often (Big Al and Stromboli) maybe we'll see them soon?

MicBat

They should just not even attempt to make some of these costumes! :lol: The Flounder looks just plain awkward! That "sea weed friend" kind of creeps me out, too. :lookaroun

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by ghostygreeter
you have no clue how often I got asked where Sebastian and Flounder are...

yes I do.. lol

(Big Al and Stromboli)

mk-bigal-stromboli.jpg

maybe we'll see them soon?

doubtful... very doubtful...

these characters were out for a special event only... and during the even, guests commented on how fake and scary they looked.

They have been coming out a little more often lately. Stromboli has been spotted almost daily over at the Fantasyland character festival, and Big Al has been at Town Square a couple of times recently... Just not together. Speaking of which, that picture reminds me. I have a friend who used to greet for the country bears at Frontierland all of the time. She also greeted for them when Stromboli came out... Maybe she was there the night you took that picture!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom