Finding Dory & Submarine Voyage?

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Now that Finding Dory is such a big hit (over $300 million in its first 12 days of release, and on track to become the highest grossing USA animated release of all time), is there a chance Disney will make more changes to Submarine Voyage? As much as I appreciate the subs still operating, I'd like to see a new storyline instead of "we need to find Nemo...again." That and I think the new movie characters would be good additions.

Stevek

Little known fact: I kind of despise the Finding Nemo version of the submarines. Sure, it's neat DL still has the subs and the beginning is still relatively cool, but after you pass through the waterfall, it's just a bunch of screens and the ride seems to drag on and on forever. Let me outta here!
How about Haunted Submarines? Replace the screens with scenes from the Mansion? : )

Stevek

I'd rather see the Nemo theme completely removed.
It seems pretty popular and breathed new life into something that was quite honestly likely never coming back. Yes, the original was better but I don't remember it drawing much in the way of crowds anymore. At the end of the day, it's a nemo dark ride in the right setting and with the unique ride vehicle being a sub. While I don't ride it all the time, I find it entertaining.

Curious Constance

Little known fact: I kind of despise the Finding Nemo version of the submarines. Sure, it's neat DL still has the subs and the beginning is still relatively cool, but after you pass through the waterfall, it's just a bunch of screens and the ride seems to drag on and on forever. Let me outta here!
The thing I like about the ride apart from the beginning part is the musical score. I love the Finding Nemo music.

The thing I hate about the ride is ending up in the seat right next to the worker standing right next to me with his butt facing my head.

Californian Elitist

It seems pretty popular and breathed new life into something that was quite honestly likely never coming back. Yes, the original was better but I don't remember it drawing much in the way of crowds anymore. At the end of the day, it's a nemo dark ride in the right setting and with the unique ride vehicle being a sub. While I don't ride it all the time, I find it entertaining.

A lot of Disneyland guests will eat anything up.

I'm not suggesting Disney bring back the original. I'm suggesting Disney get rid of the toon theme.

Phroobar

Turn the subs into a transportation system to the new Seabase Alpha. Add an underwater rollercoaster with real fish.

SSG

Bring Back The Mermaids!

Mermaids.jpg

Figments Friend

I love the Subs.
Very thankful they are even still there.

I don't really like 'Nemo'
Prefer my Nemo to be prefaced with 'Captain'.

Hearing that silly Pixar fish's name 60 times during the ride experience is jaw clenchingly annoying to me.
Enjoy the relaxing tone of the lagoon segment...but after that......it's watching tv screens in the dark for the most part.
I try to ignore the screens and concentrate on the set peices.

I do love those Subs though.
Really glad they are still there.
If putting up with cartoon fish is the price needed to be paid to keep those Subs operational then I begrudgingly submit.

-

MrMagic

They should change the theme to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea like Tokyo Disney Sea and Magic Kingdom before Seven dwarfs came around.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom