Finals Week

imagineer boy

No finals until for 2 weeks which is right before we're out for winter break. Gosh, but this week sure feels like finals. I have a large lab report, and a five paragraph essay ( I HATE english class ), due on Friday, and I also have a test in Algebra on Thursday. :brick: I hate it when teachers do this to us!!!!

DisneyPhD

Most of the schools I've been at (either as a student or prof) have not made attendance a part of the course grade but then again in chemistry we have lots of ways of grading students abilities. The school I'm at now does not allow us to make attendance a part of the grade (although participation can be and its hard to participate if you're not there).
Back on topic, finals are a lot of work for the profs too. We have to write them and grade them and then there's the students always coming in for help. My finals are all cumulative with lots of why and how questions and of course stoichiometry problems. No scantrons. My school also eliminated exam week and made finals DAY the last day of class. So all of my courses have finals on the same day and then we have to have grades turned in within a day or two. Of course we don't have all the pressure that the students are under.
Good Luck Everyone.
BTW, Woody, please don't regurgitate on me.:animwink: :wave:

Woody13

DisneyPhD said:
...but then again in chemistry we have lots of ways of grading students abilities.
BTW, Woody, please don't regurgitate on me.:animwink: :wave:
Profs. such as you, are few and far between. I had a few and really flourished under their direction. I think most students would be very fortunate to have you as their prof! :wave:

WDWScottieBoy

I finished my finals yesterday....and am now proud to say I am a Junior in college now. (Although technically credit-wise I'm a 2nd semester Junior.)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, this is the last week fo classes, so many are doing final projects, etc. Finals are next week, but all I have is a portfolio showing as part of a design class.

Right now i'm finishing my CAD homework, which is ALL due tomorrow (The man hasn't looked at anything i've done all semester and now it's all due tomorrow!)

*sigh* Polyline.. trim.. osnap.. polyline.. trim.. *sigh*

maelstrom

Monday at 8:00a - Business Law
Monday at 10:45a - International Relations
Wednesday at 8:00a - Spanish

Then I'm done!!

Our finals aren't until next week, but the dorms have gone into 24 hour quiet mode - no laughing, no talking, no breathing noisily in the halls. It's rather depressing and silent, you can feel the tension outside (along with the snow).

I have 4 "finals"
Intro to Ancient Egypt - Last test, thankfully not cumulative, the prof didn't want to test us on 5000+ years of history.
Freshmen Seminar - 8 page paper on how 9/11 will be viewed in 100 years
Math - Standard Final
Science of Water - Standard Final

My dorm mates are at each other's throats, though - two Bio-Chem majors and an Art major all freaking out simultaneously.

CaptainMichael

Monday: Astronomy (7:30 AM)
Tuesday: Math 1021 (5:30 PM)
Wednesday: Western Civ. (12:30 PM)
Thursday: Microeconomics (7:30 AM)
Saturday: ISDS 1100 (12:30 PM)

Who in their right mind thought that 7:30 was an acceptable time to take a final???????

Pongo

STR8FAN2005 said:
Monday: Astronomy (7:30 AM)
Tuesday: Math 1021 (5:30 PM)
Wednesday: Western Civ. (12:30 PM)
Thursday: Microeconomics (7:30 AM)
Saturday: ISDS 1100 (12:30 PM)

Who in their right mind thought that 7:30 was an acceptable time to take a final???????

Yeah, wouldn't 7:30 PM make more sense for an astronomy final?

I took my Speech and American History I finals yesterday. My Photography final is this coming Tuesday at 5:30.

Captain Hank

Ha, for some reason or another, the Biology department here decided that 6:00 a.m. was a perfectly good time to take tests. That's when it schedules all of its midterms for the introductory Bio sequence.

brertigger

Captain Hank said:
Ha, for some reason or another, the Biology department here decided that 6:00 a.m. was a perfectly good time to take tests. That's when it schedules all of its midterms for the introductory Bio sequence.
How can anyone be awake enough for a midterm exam at 6AM??

LilDucky

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Don't say the "P" word! I have one due tomorrow and have done nothing but put it off.:hammer:
Well, I havent started mine either...... :lookaroun :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom