Finally! An official poll on how you feel about SGE!

Do you like Stitch's Great Escape? Is it a step up or down from Alien Encounter?

• Total voters

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
Obviously Stitch's Great Escape is one of the single most complained about attractions. My question is this: Do you like or dislike the attraction? Should Disney have changed it?
I'm sure most answers will be the same, but I've included all possible combinations just in case.
Here's my stance: I like the ride, but it's a step down from Alien Encounter.

EPCOTPluto

The only good thing about the ride is the minimal wait. :)

OTHERWISE... :fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork::fork:

This guy, (no offense), should have deep regrettable feelings within his soul...

animastitch1.jpg

Mansion Butler

I dislike it, but Disney should very much have changed it.

Even though I liked Alien Encounter, it just wasn't bringing in the crowds because it wasn't very family friendly (I also think it lacked some re-ridability). What they replaced it with, though, is awful. It doesn't really fit Tomorrowland when you think about it (Stitch wasn't in the future), it's mostly just gross, not funny, not as immersive in its thrill for adults, and still often pretty frightening for children. They took a well-made-but-unpopular attraction and replaced it with a poorly-made-and-still-unpopular attraction. Plus, I'm tired of Stitch being wedged in to everything.

Mansion Butler

Also, the poll question does not quite fit the topic. I think it's worse than AE, but I also think AE should have gone. They just should have replaced it with something people actually like. . .

TubaGeek

Original Poster
I would think you already know the answer... Threads like this only incite fights.:shrug:
I was curious to see what people said so I asked a question. That's what forums are for. If anyone's trying to incite a fight it'd be the person who had a sarcastic response right off the bat.

jakeman

Yes, we needed another thread for this topic.:brick:
It's really becoming legendary isn't it?

Years from now people will discuss in hushed voices not of the plague of SGE, but of the plague of SGE hating references that infected every thread on the site.

There's a difference between a majority and a vocal majority. I want to know if people hate it, or if they just hate that it took over AE. Stop whining.
You would need to get an exit survey at WDW itself. The fraction of a percent of fans that participate in this board are by no means representative of the whole Disney population.

Moreover, unlike other topic on this board, I don't think that there have every been a claim that it is just a vocal minority that doesn't care for this attraction. It really seems like a ligitimate majority of posters here do not like it.

With that said, I think at this point I would rather go on SGE then see one more random Stitch reference in a completely unrelated thread.

EPCOT Explorer

I was curious to see what people said so I asked a question. That's what forums are for. If anyone's trying to incite a fight it'd be the person who had a sarcastic response right off the bat.
Oh, no...You don't do that at all.:wave:
It's really becoming legendary isn't it?

Years from now people will discuss in hushed voices not of the plague of SGE, but of the plague of SGE hating references that infected every thread on the site.

You would need to get an exit survey at WDW itself. The fraction of a percent of fans that participate in this board are by no means representative of the whole Disney population.

Moreover, unlike other topic on this board, I don't think that there have every been a claim that it is just a vocal minority that doesn't care for this attraction. It really seems like a ligitimate majority of posters here do not like it.

With that said, I think at this point I would rather go on SGE then see one more random Stitch reference in a completely unrelated thread.

Exactly! Thanks, Jake!:wave:

Done with this thread....

TubaGeek

Original Poster
What? You mean you don't find it hilarious every time someone mentions "Stitch Mountain" for absolutely no reason? :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You left off a choice. Could you add...."I could care less about SGE as it is only on attraction among many and find no real need to dwell on whether an attraction is superior or inferior to its predecessor when there are so many other fun things to do in WDW." as an option?

Thanks in advance.

:lol:

captainkidd

I voted I liked it, but not as much as AE.

I can't stand Stitch, but the show is impressive on a technical level. It does have it's moments of fun. It just gets lost at the end a bit and kind of drags.

Figment632

I did a search, but didn't find anything too similar. Could you post a link?
EDIT: Found it. It was about Stitch. Not SGE. My question is different.

I apologize because you are correct.

As far as SGE goes I don't rude it anymore but it gets a bad wrap more for replacing AE than it does for being a bad attraction. It Is actually one of the most film accurate rides in the park. It's a lot like the scene where he is being transported in the film. With that said I still dislike it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom