Filthy ride vehicles...

cheezbat

Original Poster
So I was at MK at park opening on Wednesday, and aside from my rides on Pirates and Small World, the ride vehicles were filthy!
There were chips all over the bottom of my Doom buggy, something sticky and gross smeared all over the floor of the Pooh vehicle, trash wrappers in my Mermaid Clamshell, and gum and soda stained in Big Thunder.

I thought they cleaned these things nightly? I was disgusted with what I saw...and this was only in the first three hours the park was open!

Anybody else experience this?

mimitchi33

I am currently at the parks, and I've only seen wear and tear on the rides, though my rent-a-car had an lollipop that someone else ate on the floor. Speaking of which, I did see a little girl drop her lollipop in our vehicle on Journey into Imagination with Figment during the Smell Lab part because she got frightened by it (I suppose it was her first time riding it?). Luckily, we sat in the back.

alissafalco

I am currently at the parks, and I've only seen wear and tear on the rides, though my rent-a-car had an lollipop that someone else ate on the floor. Speaking of which, I did see a little girl drop her lollipop in our vehicle on Journey into Imagination with Figment during the Smell Lab part because she got frightened by it (I suppose it was her first time riding it?). Luckily, we sat in the back.
I blame the parents. I would never let my children eat anything on any kind of ride.

NelleBelle

This is so sad to hear. I always remember my mom comparing every theme park, that wasn't a Disney park, how they never came close to the standards that Disney kept their park and rides at. We used to never see filthy, disgusting, rundown rides at any of the Disney parks! But I guess if they are making cutbacks, we're going to start to see the effects of those penny-pinching strategies and start seeing parks loose their Disney luster. If there aren't enough CM's there who take pride in keeping things looking tip-top and giving "guests"/customers the experience Disney is known for, I suspect we are in for Six-flags standards :hungover:

Chef Mickey

You are allowed to eat on rides? I thought it was against the rules all this time.
It's not allowed, but like so many things, it's up to the cast members to enforce it.

In their defense, I'm sure they get tired of telling people they can't eat or drink on the ride. I have seen cast members tell guests to finish their non-bottled drink before boarding.

raven

Night crews DO clean ride vehicles at night. The trash and food you see in the vehicles are usually from that day.

While at WDW there usually is a CM standing at the entrance to each attraction queue who tells guests to finish their food/drink before entering the line. But while I was at Disneyland this week I noticed many people bringing food into the queue with them. They also didn't have a CM at the front unless the attraction had FP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom