Figment ride going?

figmenterri

confused about the different versions

What year was the first "re-do" of Journey Into Imagination?:confused:
And what year was the second "re-do"?

I know that I first rode it in 1994 and loved it. Was that the original?:lookaroun

Nemo14

What year was the first "re-do" of Journey Into Imagination?:confused:
And what year was the second "re-do"?

I know that I first rode it in 1994 and loved it. Was that the original?:lookaroun
March 5, 1983 - October 10, 1998 was the original Journey into Imagination,
October 1, 1999 - October 8, 2001 was Journey into Your Imagination, then
June 2, 2002 the present Journey into Imagination with Figment opened.

FigmentJedi

Even as a fan of Imagination 3: Figment's Revenge, it is about time they overhauled the attraction and pavillion and provided a resolution to the accidental meta-story that Figment somehow received over the years (i.e. Creation and learning about the imagination's potential, losing home and trapped in a bland and creatively sterile environment, and fighting the establishment and instilling some sense of open thinking into the Institute and it's chairman)

Ha ha, overanalyzing theme park rides.

figmenterri

March 5, 1983 - October 10, 1998 was the original Journey into Imagination,
October 1, 1999 - October 8, 2001 was Journey into Your Imagination, then
June 2, 2002 the present Journey into Imagination with Figment opened.

Thanks Nemo!
So excited that I did see the original! :D
I miss it so much but I am such a Figment fan that I am just happy to see him wherever I can!

Pioneer Hall

Is Figment actually a character from a movie or anything .....I feel so left out I don't really know who figment is :(

Nope. He was a character created for the attraction and was originally meant to serve as somewhat of a mascot for Epcot. The original plan was the keep the true Disney characters out of that park at first, so that was where Figment came in. However, people got pretty annoyed when they got to a Disney park and didn't have an opportunity to meet the characters, so they were brought in.

Chrononymous

I too loved the original JII, and I know they can do better.

You know...even if returning to the original track is not possible (because it probably isn't) I would just be happy if they managed a redo and put some magic back into it.

The things that were so wonderful about the original...can't really be that hard to put back in...(even in a small space!)
some sparkle...some nifty video effects...some actual IMAGINATION for godsakes!
Some things that make you go ooh and ahh agian.

Technology has soared even higher since the original attraction...and so many new things are possible.

It's just so painful to ride nowadays....and seeing so many backdrops in the ride through rooms that look like blank painted walls. I mean, the walls that put up to hide construction are more interesting.

isman250

I think a little update may be in order, but I like the ride. Its a weird corner though, seems like they will eventually make a better ride or something there in my opinion.

The Empress Lilly

I look at the new Mermaid ride, and I can't help thinking that Disney demolished three fantasic omnimover, high capacity, immersive rides over twice the length of Mermaid each.
That 'show stopping' 'Under the Sea' room is an average room for any of the three demolished treasures. Apparantly, they were 'boring'. :brick:

If Mermaid costed $100 million, then far more elaborate rides such as the original EPCOT pavilions are no longer feasible. Disney can not afford anymore to build the rides it demolished fifteen years ago. The size, scope, artistry of Imagination is beyond Disney's current means.

If they could just let me play with the pin tables....:brick:
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

God I loved that thing. (Things?) :sohappy:

kapeman

Not one of the best rides in EPCOT but a must do for every trip for me. Figment is one of my all-time favorites!

It used to be for our two boys as well, but, sadly, on this last trip they didn't even mention it.

I'm not sad about missing the ride, just their getting older...

bigdonpaul

I don't remember much about the old ride. I don't mind the newer one as it is. There is never a line for it. That helps I guess. I do remember meeting Dreamfinder though. Definitely a cool meet and greet.

FigmentJedi

I look at the new Mermaid ride, and I can't help thinking that Disney demolished three fantasic omnimover, high capacity, immersive rides over twice the length of Mermaid each.
That 'show stopping' 'Under the Sea' room is an average room for any of the three demolished treasures. Apparantly, they were 'boring'. :brick:

If Mermaid costed $100 million, then far more elaborate rides such as the original EPCOT pavilions are no longer feasible. Disney can not afford anymore to build the rides it demolished fifteen years ago. The size, scope, artistry of Imagination is beyond Disney's current means.
I wonder how much of that 100 million is for the building though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom