News Figment meet and greet returning to EPCOT at Walt Disney World in a 'whole new way'

DCBaker

Premium Member
Figment not even listed on the app.

Figment is on My Disney Experience.

IMG_AC3279109889-1.jpeg

IMG_079A1669825B-1.jpeg

Figments Friend

I have shared my pictures from the D23 Event in other threads, but figured they would be worth sharing here too since they relate to the new meetsble character.

IMG_2034.jpeg

Side view….
The design captures the original slender and serpentine character very well.

IMG_1995.jpeg

Currently at the Imagination Pavillion now, waiting to see him.
More photos coming….

-

Cmdr_Crimson

I have shared my pictures from the D23 Event in other threads, but figured they would be worth sharing here too since they relate to the new meetsble character.

View attachment 742361

Side view….
The design captures the original slender and serpentine character very well.
I still recall the days on how empty his M&G was when he first appeared.
EoZSy6DXYA4iS9R.jpg

I do hope the sweater is interchangeable during the holidays when they have him in his Ugly sweater for M&G's.
Journey-into-Imagination-with-Figment_Full_49480.jpg

Figments Friend

At the very least, have a Imagination Institute scientist carry a Figment puppet around. Sure it isn't Dreamfinder but it's a suitable fit that would probably make people very happy.

I wonder how the guests scores for this will go.

The original plan, I was told, was that this was supposed to be a ‘living character’ similar to past characters such as baby Groot , Remy, and today’s Baby Grogu.

I was hoping they would move forward to completion but for some reason it did not happen and we ended up the Plan B….
‘Figzilla 2.0’.

A real shame, as this character of all of them would have fit the remote operated character program perfectly.

-

Figments Friend

EoZSy6DXYA4iS9R.jpg

I do hope the sweater is interchangeable during the holidays when they have him in his Ugly sweater for M&G's.

Yep.
The first ‘Figzilla’ was a flop for a couple of reasons -

Long term fans not keen on the huge size of what is supposed to be a pint sized character.

Children were sometimes intimidated by the ‘giant dinosaur’ that towered over them.

The original costumed character design was not very well done either, and did not accurately capture the set standard of the character.
The new version is MUCH better in my opinion, as the design is based on the original Animatronic figures sculpts.
A win for me in that department.

This is still a disappointment to me as this could have been a more creative meet and greet opportunity.
A ‘living character’ or remotely operated figure was a natural fit for this setting.
They really should have done this.

-

trainplane3

EoZSy6DXYA4iS9R.jpg

There's zippers around the wings on his yellow sweater so it looks like that's the case. They at least made it able to be swapped out for washing.
Yep.
The first ‘Figzilla’ was a flop for a couple of reasons -

Long term fans not keen on the huge size of what is supposed to be a pint sized character.

Children were sometimes intimidated by the ‘giant dinosaur’ that towered over them.

The original costumed character design was not very well done either, and did not accurately capture the set standard of the character.
The new version is MUCH better in my opinion, as the design is based on the original Animatronic figures sculpts.
A win for me in that department.

This is still a disappointment to me as this could have been a more creative meet and greet opportunity.
A ‘living character’ or remotely operated figure was a natural fit for this setting.
They really should have done this.

-
I agree. This isn't great or what I wanted to see. It's fine and if it continues to draw positive attention, hopefully something worthwhile will be done the ride in the future. I am very curious about guest scores over the next few months.

Figments Friend

Current view….as I observe from the queue line….

IMG_2066.jpeg

For autograph fans, and collectors..
Figment does not do autographs, but you can receive a autograph of his on a custom graphic postcard.

I will share a photo later….still awaiting my turn.
Line is not too bad right now….not the insanity I heard about happening yesterday.

-

pdude81

While an animatronic Figment would be cool, I'd rather a real character meet and greet with actual Photopass photographers... instead of the crappy box we get for meeting BB8. Better for them to remember how popular Figment is and start putting together a budget for a complete refurb that includes a new M&G space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom