Figment bucket craze, if this doesn’t tell them something I don’t know what will

Prince-1

Supporting resellers only makes this worse.

Disney can limit it to one per customer and then who cares what people sell it for on eBay. The person paid for it and they can sell it for whatever they want to and if someone is stupid enough to pay hundreds of dollars for a cheap plastic bucket then why should anyone care.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Bucket sold out this afternoon per a couple of sites. Spork, too, possibly. No word if/when they'll get more. So secondary price will probably spike temporarily short term, then drop again.

I don't collect popcorn buckets specifically, but I've stood in line for hours to get something for my collections, so I don't judge the collectors who "need" it.

However, agree the only lesson learned here - which they should've already known - was to have had more product in stock.

RoadiJeff

I saw one go for $800 on ebay... I assume that was a fluke, and non payment will occur...

I... I hope...
Wow, if people are actually willing to pay that much for one I wouldn't mind flying down there from St. Louis and standing in line for however many hours it takes to get a few. I might even skip over to Test Track. I have insider access to the lounge upstairs - pretty nice.

Lilofan

Wow, if people are actually willing to pay that much for one I wouldn't mind flying down there from St. Louis and standing in line for however many hours it takes to get a few. I might even skip over to Test Track. I have insider access to the lounge upstairs - pretty nice.
The GM lounge ? Nice! For the ones who splurge the somewhat secretive Club 33 which is on the top floor of American Adventure has $33K initiation fees and $16K annual dues for members only. Food and drink and park tickets not included.

JoeCamel

Despite the fantastic published ASKING prices most completed sales seem to be in the $75 - $120 range.
Stay up there you have snow to shovel

Trackmaster

How could this Idiot Bucket have any market value? If somebody else saw you carting it around, or saw it sitting on your mantle overtop your fireplace, nobody's going to say, "Oh what a cultured person who has lived an exciting life" they're going to say "Oh look, you're an idiot who waited in line for a 7 hour plastic bucket or a fool who paid $300 to a scalper for one."

Goofyernmost

How could this Idiot Bucket have any market value? If somebody else saw you carting it around, or saw it sitting on your mantle overtop your fireplace, nobody's going to say, "Oh what a cultured person who has lived an exciting life" they're going to say "Oh look, you're an idiot who waited in line for a 7 hour plastic bucket or a fool who paid $300 to a scalper for one."
Go easy now, there are many cults floating around, Disney is but one of them! And likely the least insane. If people want to spend that much money on a molded piece of plastic, and can afford it, there are far worse things they could be doing. Over the years Disney will manage to flood the market with them rendering them close to worthless.

Sbk1234

People with more dollars than sense.

JIMINYCR

People who are buying it for their love of the character or to add a limited item for their Disney collection arent doing it to show how cultured they are or impress others for the kind of life they lead. They are interested in a unique item and its worth it to them to be waiting it out for hours to buy one. For those looking to resell, its purely a time vs return of money and to them its showing to be very marketable and profitable. No one has ever looked at anything in my Disney room and judged me for what I enjoy collecting. As I dont judge them for the different things they spend money on and collect. It does spark many interesting conversations because I have so many unique items not everyone has or has seen.
With the many Disney fans in the parks and locals looking to buy, with varied tastes, Disney knows they will find enough buyers to sell out on just about anything they put out in limited numbers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom