Fighting in WDW

TEST45

So I was just walking to the pool at the AKL when all of a sudden two guys come runnin' through the lobby. They ran over to the check in desk. There is a lady talking to a cm this guy comes over throws her out of the way and picks the cm up by the shirt and starts scremin' at him i coldnt make out what he was sayin'. So the cm gets on the phone and the guy keeps sayin hurry up hurry up! bout 5 min later 2 secuirty guards come. I start to walk to the elevator. When i get there this guy is there he throws me out of the way and hops on the elevator. I never did find out what he was so mad about.

jenjie

Originally posted by matt&helen
This is one of the examples that they need to change those motorized wheel chairs. They need to change the speed first of all. That would probably solve the problem.

They have changed the speeds of the motorized carts. My dad used one twice when we went last week. He walks EXTREMELY slow and the cart was even slower than him walking.

Debbie

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
OK--clearly I wasn't raised correctly, or I have missed something in my adulthood.

When our party gets separated in a line queue (2 adults, 2 kids--it happens frequently), the 2 in front wait for the 2 behind to catch up.

Families in between our 2 groups go ahead until we have re-united.

I thought that was how you were supposed to do it.

:veryconfu

I, apparently, wasn't raised correctly either!
We must be weird, because before anyone gets in line it's "Who's gotta P? Then we take care of business, THEN get in line. If someone HAS to go while we are waiting, then we get OUT of line. And when we get off a ride, such as Small World, my boys had better allow ladies and elderly, and wheelchairs first, and had better hold the gate open. If they are on a bus; they had better offer a seat to a lady or elderly person. Just our way of showing them that the world doesn't revolve around them, that other people do belong ahead of them.

Dwarful

guess I was raised wrong too. Don't forget that super strange behavior...getting out of everyone else's way before rummaging for something, don't come to a complete stop as soon as you exit a ride to look at a map to decide where to next, little things like that my parents taught me early on were NOT acceptable behavior...seems like my parents were OH SO WRONG!

bhg469

Originally posted by Dwarful
guess I was raised wrong too. Don't forget that super strange behavior...getting out of everyone else's way before rummaging for something, don't come to a complete stop as soon as you exit a ride to look at a map to decide where to next, little things like that my parents taught me early on were NOT acceptable behavior...seems like my parents were OH SO WRONG!

thats why i get so angry but i never lost in public yet, but if someone were to lash out at my family or someone im with, i will force some manners into them.

Testtrack321

Luckaly I haven't seen or been in a fight at WDW or DL. I can say this, I usually am far way from the action durring the hot, long, summer days when these things usually happen. I just have a niche for getting out of trouble.

bamboo7

Originally posted by matt&helen
This is one of the examples that they need to change those motorized wheel chairs. They need to change the speed first of all. That would probably solve the problem. It's people like that ; that can ruin a Disney experience.

the speed of the ecv's has been changed. they now are governed at just over 2 miles per hour, with the exception of the ecv's that the cast members use to tow ecvs around, which need to be more powerfull.

Yellow Shoes

that's good to know, but ECV's rented from an outside company or your own personal one likely do go faster.

Plus, those things don't have the most responsive brakes.
Plus, the drivers are unfamiliar with the ECV and how it steers/brakes.

Our family "joke" is to run like the wind when we see one coming.

But even that doesn't always work. Last time my brother went, he said one jumped to curb just to run him down.

KathyG/poohbear

We were at the MK in 1992. The parade was getting ready to start and a family starting yelling at another family who had moved over too much. They were cussing and getting really loud and we got security. I don't like fights and I figured it was get security or someone's head would be bopped. Security settled the fight. Imagine how we felt when we returned to our hotel that night and found that a woman had been standing in line for the tram and got mad at someone and went to her car and got some steak knives she had just bought out and started stabbing the man. That was quite a violent trip

Then this February we were staying concierge at the Poly and a man got mad at something and hit the elevator door so hard it broke the elevator. That is sad. Also I was in a wheelchair and a man on a ECV who could walk fine but could not speak English kept ramming my wheelchair with his ECV while we waited for the Tiki Birds. I guess Disney can bring out your good side or your bad side.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by Debbie
We must be weird, because before anyone gets in line it's "Who's gotta P? Then we take care of business, THEN get in line. If someone HAS to go while we are waiting, then we get OUT of line. And when we get off a ride, such as Small World, my boys had better allow ladies and elderly, and wheelchairs first, and had better hold the gate open. If they are on a bus; they had better offer a seat to a lady or elderly person. Just our way of showing them that the world doesn't revolve around them, that other people do belong ahead of them.
Nothing like raising your kids with that good ol' southern hospitality way of thinking. Am I too old to go for one of your sons Debbie?? :lol:

troberts1

At the parade at MK in 2000 I sat in the hot sun for close to 2 hrs to make sure my kids had a good spot.just as the parade started a woman in bright green pants walked in front of us and started to edge her way in my spot,I tried to let her in next to me to be nice but she continued to push so I wouldnt give anymore ground because I had lost almost all I had to her,she had the nerve to kick me.I called her a few choice words and she left.the biggest problem is people jumping lines on the bus after a long day at the parks.I tell people if the try this with me but I have had some people just laugh and jump the line anyway.everyone needes to be nice at WDW but dont let people take advantage of you.

lamarvenoy

I saw 3! That's right 3 fights in one night...grad-night. 2 were real nasty hard fights, ripped clothes and bloody faces. All three were black on white,strange huh. I also turned in a tourist who clearly had a concealed pistol under his wife beater in EPCOT a couple of years ago.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I've been physically accosted by guests a few times. Not as much in recent years, but back in 2000 and early 2001, I'd get hit a lot.

noname70

Saw a fight on the bus from PI to All Stars New Years Eve. This drunk middle aged couple was standing (crowded bus), then falling into people, then cursing, then berrating other passengers for being dull. The Bus Driver did NOTHING. Finally this young guy stands up and tells the drunk in no uncertain terms that if he doesn't shut up he'll beat him. The drunk backed down. Again - the bus driver did dnothing.

bailey5697

Originally posted by bhg469
oh i forgot i did see a fight in disney world. there were these pirates and a few of them were chasing wenches, one had a broom. then there was an argument about a redhead and a few guys claiming that they wanted this red head. they even tried to drown the mayor!! it got pretty hairy for a while and there was guns drawn and even cannons but everything seemed to work out in the end. maybe next time ill tell you about this time when i was a space ranger defending the planet aginst the fears emperor zurg.

:lol: LOL It took me about 3 sentences to get it!

:lol: <--Jen laughing at her stupidity!!

bailey5697

Originally posted by Debbie

I was going to quote just a small psrt of what you wrote, but its all right on! I can't imagine NOT letting an elderly person sit etc. And the stories I have seen here, letting more than 2 people cut ahead to *meet* their group is considered cutting. :fork:

MicBat

There were, like, 3 fights at Grad Nite in front of the stage when I was there. Talk about scary! There were about 1000 people and right in the middle of them all, fights broke out.

bhg469

Originally posted by bailey5697
:lol: LOL It took me about 3 sentences to get it!

:lol: <--Jen laughing at her stupidity!!

thanks im suprised nobody yelled at me about it. everytime i make a joke on this site somebody gets offended that im making fun of their favorite ride or making fun of france. nice to hear someone likes my joke.

kennyj29

Christmas Parade

I took my mother and mother-in-law on a trip to Disney around Christmas so they could see it all decorated. We went to the Very Merry Christmas Party at night and my mother in law (who is in a wheel chair) and my mother took a spot facing main street where the Christmas Tree is located when you first walk in so they could watch the Christmas parade. They were standing there for quite some time and my husband and myself left them to move to another spot because we didn't want to block the kids. A CM came over to my mother and told her she had to kneel (she's 80 years old). Not only is she 80 but she's 4 ft. 10 inches tall. She was shorter than some of the kids. Now I had no idea what was going on but I could see her yelling at her. She said how do you expect me to kneel? She told them if they got her a chair she would sit but other wise leave her alone. Needless to say, the CM left and never bothered her after that!

epcot71

i bashed some guys head into the side of a monorail!! and even got to ride in front of the monorial too after too!:brick: :brick: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom