Fight at MGM

Disney MDACK

Original Poster
From time to time entertainment mangement does let things like this get made, at least they used to. Out at Disneyland entertainment used to have an oscar type party where the cast members showed various short films like this based on pop culture...like Lost with characters on tom sawyers island, or the old captian eo with pooh and eeyore. Some of them are just slowly making it to the interweb. Most of them are really well thought out and very very fun. But still very hard to find.

Ask and you shall recieve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByRJq8SPMxc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Out8HLbidTk&mode=related&search=

Nevermind...Chernabog beat me too it...good call!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
hopefully those CM involved were fired. This is the kind of things that give Disney a bad name. IMO this is no more acceptable then the video of the characters in the orgy. Bad show.

I agree the video is in bad taste but I don't think the CMs should be fired over it.

The quality of this short film is terrific. Well done.

Word of caution to parents: I don't think this one's for the kiddies. It's dark and not for traditional character fans.

shoppingnut

I agree the video is in bad taste but I don't think the CMs should be fired over it.

Considering these videos were made for "internal use only" and never meant for the public to see, the people who posted them should be held accountable for posting materials. These were probably done for moral builders, as well as getting folks to work as teams. You would be surprised what companies do for moral builders, etc., but those things are never meant to be disseminated beyond its employees.

wdwmomof3

I am sure that Disney was not happy about it, but the CM's really did a good job putting the video together. It looks like they put a lot of work into it. I am going to guess it was done one morning before the park opened.

I wonder if they got caught.

The Mak

I am sure that Disney was not happy about it, but the CM's really did a good job putting the video together. It looks like they put a lot of work into it. I am going to guess it was done one morning before the park opened.

I wonder if they got caught.

On this very page:

That movie was done a couple of years ago,was made before the park opening one day,and was filmed by some character CM"s. Disney managers were there watching.They made it for a Management meeting or something like that for the character performers.There were a couple different ones done also.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
hopefully those CM involved were fired. This is the kind of things that give Disney a bad name. IMO this is no more acceptable then the video of the characters in the orgy. Bad show.

I wouldnt stop at firing them, Id hunt them down inprison their parents and slaughter their first born.

Then Id get serious.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
:shrug: As a former WDW Cast Member I still don't think it's appropriate internally or externally. BUT...everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Considering these videos were made for "internal use only" and never meant for the public to see, the people who posted them should be held accountable for posting materials. These were probably done for moral builders, as well as getting folks to work as teams. You would be surprised what companies do for moral builders, etc., but those things are never meant to be disseminated beyond its employees.

drew81

there's another one on youtube from Epcot.....It has Pooh getting attacked by the reindeer and some other things I won't mention on here...

head mouse

:shrug: As a former WDW Cast Member I still don't think it's appropriate internally or externally. BUT...everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Exactly. when a CM is in uniform no mater what it is they represent Disney. and should act accordingly

Just like the CM that was in his Tomorowland uniform on his way home (which is a no no to begin with) and stopped at 7-11 and was picking up beer. he was seen by one of his managers and fired the next day.

Chernabog

I don't know if i believe that story. I love my job and really respect the heritage of the company but this is just harmless fun. The company cannot make me change clothes after my shift ends. If they really cared that much they wouldn't let me wear the costume home. Granted it drives me crazy when i see cast members in their costumes outside of work...but fired...i don't think so.

The last video was the one i was trying to find, way more explicit than the others, but it was meant to be internal and done with manager approval (in most cases). The animators and imagineers had fun inside jokes that the general public wouldn't agree with...but that's why these are menat to be internal. We're just people blowing off some steam and having a little fun.

Like no one else in the entire world does it.

Piebald

Exactly. when a CM is in uniform no mater what it is they represent Disney. and should act accordingly

Just like the CM that was in his Tomorowland uniform on his way home (which is a no no to begin with) and stopped at 7-11 and was picking up beer. he was seen by one of his managers and fired the next day.

I really don't know if I believe that. That sounds like total BS or an urban legend (and CMs are infamous for telling urban legends).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom