Fiber optic sidewalk

yedliW

Original Poster
With all the changes coming to the land formerly known as Future World, will the fiber optic sidewalks stick around? Is there a chance they will be expanded?

MerlinTheGoat

Sad to hear they might be removed, always thought they were a cool touch. I doubt they'll be "moved" either, I would assume they're sort of embedded into the concrete and would be relatively difficult to transplant intact if ripped up.

I actually think fiber optic sidewalks would have been a very nice touch for Pandora (though designed in more organic veiny root-like patterns than the structured designs at Future World). They opted for glow in the dark paint instead though, I guess paint ended up being easier and less expensive...

Disneyson

I really, REALLY hope this is something that returns in some capacity to Epcot... I and many of my friends can honestly say that, as for childhood trips to the park, this is one of the things we really remembered. Even the ones with very foggy memories. It's kinda like the Kiss Goodnight at MK and the Awakenings at AK -- it makes going back home a little less bitter and a little more sweet.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The fiber optic lights were something which was a bit fun and whimsical. Things that are "fun" and/or "whimsical" have no place in the Iger/Chapek regime. If it's not turning a profit, they don't want it around. (Yes, I realize that's a bit harsh and over the top. But it's not exactly incorrect.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom