fiber optic cement

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Fantasmic
I've only ever seen the fiber optics which make the gound look like it's sparkling in Epcot, never seen the pics that were put up here :veryconfu

The patterns are near the innoventions on each side...not in the main walkways :)

Lovecraft

I made some fiber optic pavers. I didn't drill holes though, I created a mould and fed the fibers through it then poured the concrete. My brother has the pavers now, I am planning on doing larger ones for my house.

pat in the hat

This is why I love this site . . . I always learn something new! :wave:

In the many years that I have gone to WDW, I have never noticed those at Epcot. I only have seen the ones that look like the cement is sparkling!

Badger Brent

I knew of the sparkling random same color fiber optics, but when did they put in the ones with intricate designs?? Something new for next trip.

MGMBoy

The more intricate patterns have been there for at least 6 years. ;) They're just overlooked more often then not though since they're kind of enclosed into an area by Innovations.

Badger Brent

Just a decent digital that I'm still learning to use after a year. It will have to do for now. I suppose I could stand over it and try every feature on my camera until I get it right!... I guess I would be fingered out as a fiber optic ground hog!? :lol:

MGMBoy

Badger Brent said:
Just a decent digital that I'm still learning to use after a year. It will have to do for now. I suppose I could stand over it and try every feature on my camera until I get it right!... I guess I would be fingered out as a fiber optic ground hog!? :lol:

I'll be there on my CP starting the second half of August so you can catch up with me and we can play around and figure out the best photos for your camera.

Badger Brent

I'll take you up on that!! Thanks for the offer. I'll touch base when it gets closer to our date. We're looking around October 20th for our anniversary. Talk to you later. :wave:

JMagicFink

more pics

Here are some more pics of those cool fiber-optics in the pavement.

S2400077.JPG

S2400078.JPG

S2400079.JPG

Gotta love it!
-Jim

Brerfoxwastaken

Not only is this a sad 6 year bump, it's my first post! What happened to these fiber optics. I went in September 2014 and promised my wife streets of gold. I saw 3 tiles lit up. Was it a bad night, or is this just one more thing Disney (not Walt) Magic being let to waste away. I took a 15 year leave of absence. My wife's first trip. So many of the good things changed for the worse, or have just shutdown forever. Epcot alone. World of motion, Body Wars, Fiber Optic streets, Inoventions East and West, seem to change but not for inoventions! Before, it was the latest technology. Newest stuff. Now, it's stress test? And fire escape? Wait they are revamping again. I would still like to tell the mouse, Left, right, up, down. I know that no one remembers the mouse in a maze that was voice controlled. It was probably 1984. Now most of the time our phone recognizes our every word. Then it was amazing! This was before commodore 64. What's the new "Inovation?" Do not get me wrong. Imagination should have never been changed into what it is now. Nothing should change into what Imagination is now! Figment used to represent Epcot!.. Now you can ask your kids who Figment is, and if they give you an answer you're lucky. He is such a small part of the Imagination that was once Disney. Now he Doesn't exist. Is the magic gone? Is Disney World just another tourist attraction? Will Universe of Energy ever be the same? Will Living with the Land ever see it's previous glory? If not, why still use the same technology to keep the ride afloat? Have we not improved hydroponics? Or farming in general? What are the improvements. Teach us Disney World. WWWD. (What Would Walt Do). He would continue with the times I think. He made it through a lot. So after all this, I still want to know, what happened to the Fiber Optic Streets of Epcot? Can I count on them, or are they run down and dying?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom