Few Things

Are you still going to go ahead with your trip to wdw?

• Yes, but shall not book another

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I am going to book another wdw holiday

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No, and I dont plan to book another

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and shall book another

Votes: 25 96.2%

• Total voters

markymark

Originally posted by Ariel
Does that mean Mark has to make it up to you too then? :confused:

See...now there's just some things that shouldn't be said, or thought of. And if this isn't one, I really don't know what is!

:hurl:

disneydentist

Let's step back and look at this realistically. Of the number of people who go to WDW in any given year, only a very small minority look at boards like this and study what's open and what isn't. Usually, the average person finds out that their favorite ride is down when they pick up a park map. The current economic and political climate has a lot more to do with people not going to Disney than attraction closings. The lower numbers of people are causing closings, not vice-versa. Disney is a relatively wealthy company but there is a difference betwen wasting money and spending money. Also, if everyone will recall, there was a time when there was only one theme park on Disney property in Orlando. Everyone is spoiled today by the plethora of choices that we've had in recent years. Yes, your favorite show or attraction may be closed. But was that really your ONLY reason for going? There is still plenty to do at WDW for the average person's vacation. That is the reality that the powers that be at Disney are looking at. Lastly, do you really think that Michael Eisner is involved in everything that goes on? Yes, he sometimes makes small decisions but generally someone in his postion is involved in the big picture. He'll say "Save money!" and the actual decisions are made by the various divisions of the company.

Chris

Originally posted by disneydentist
Let's step back and look at this realistically. Of the number of people who go to WDW in any given year, only a very small minority look at boards like this and study what's open and what isn't. Usually, the average person finds out that their favorite ride is down when they pick up a park map. The current economic and political climate has a lot more to do with people not going to Disney than attraction closings. The lower numbers of people are causing closings, not vice-versa. Disney is a relatively wealthy company but there is a difference betwen wasting money and spending money. Also, if everyone will recall, there was a time when there was only one theme park on Disney property in Orlando. Everyone is spoiled today by the plethora of choices that we've had in recent years. Yes, your favorite show or attraction may be closed. But was that really your ONLY reason for going? There is still plenty to do at WDW for the average person's vacation. That is the reality that the powers that be at Disney are looking at. Lastly, do you really think that Michael Eisner is involved in everything that goes on? Yes, he sometimes makes small decisions but generally someone in his postion is involved in the big picture. He'll say "Save money!" and the actual decisions are made by the various divisions of the company.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Finally someone that agrees with me. Everyone seems to think that Disney should spend without caution and risk the core portion of their business. Even though Disney is a big company, and I have seen the phrase, "deep pockets" several times in other threads, we should take the time to equate this situation to our personal life. If someones personal income were to drop by 15%, what makes more sense, cutting their spending by 15% or taking the 15% out of savings knowing that they may never get a chance to put it back? Then what happens when the savings are gone? On a personal level we are all faced with hard choises. In the business world, Disney has hard choices that are not very popular with die hard fans. I would prefer a perfect world but the pressures of the economy and competition have taken it's toll on Disney. Granted, they have made some bad decisions regarding movies and theme parks lately but I believe that they will survive and hopefully things will get back to normal sooner rather than later. I will go in November/December, again in January and again in February. As for shows, We don't go to many, my kids can't stand them. "Too much dancing and not enough action" says my seven year old. We never used directly used EE days either. We avoided those parks. There is always the possibility that several of these actions have been in the cards for a while and WDW is using the attendance excuse to take corrective action. You want to see WDW improve again? Go there and spend your money and stop complaining. Better yet, call your broker and show a little faith in your favorite company. I bought another 55 shares today. As I said before, we can stop the bleeding. Disney can do nothing more to increase attendance. They have slashed resort rates and are trying new things. Lets hope the crowds retrun.

mickeyfan

As a Florida resident I want to encourage all of you to come and enjoy Disney World. It would definitely help our states economy and we wouldn't have to be looking at budget cuts at the state level for education, etc. I work for a school district and we have been hit hard in the last few weeks with information on budget reductions because of the loss of revenues from tourism dollars. I am trying to convince my boss to let me off for a week to go to Disney World so I can do my part and help out our economy. Maybe Thanksgiving week!! I would go tomorrow if I could get the time off. I love DW and always will. And about the hours being cut and rides closing, there are always things that I don't get to see when I am there in a week, so I will just have to see the things that are open. I would just like to say that I don't think people should worry so much about the anthrax and possible pending attacks. Not to sound dreadful, but you, I or anyone could be gone tomorrow due to other factors, car accidents, acts of god (tornadoes, hurricanes, lightening, etc.). I say live and let live. We must carry on for ourselves, family and our sanity!!!! So to all my friends on the forums --- come on down "to the happiest place on earth". :sohappy: :sohappy:

Tink

Thank you, MF, DisneyDentist and Chris! I was getting all prepared to write a reply like yours but you said it all. If only I hadn't used all of my vacation time going to Disney World all year, I would head down there right now! As has been said more eloquently before me, WDW is a business, a successful business that would be nowhere without shrewd decision-makers. I want Disney World to be around for a long time and if that means cutbacks (permanent or temporary) to save their bottom line, I say so be it.

BTW, I'm going in 66 days - but who's counting? :)

Lance

Disneydentist and Chris, your right.

I would head down to WDW right now. Their is nothing that would stop me from going.

Megara

I'm supposed to fly out there in 28 days...that'll be my third long weekend at WDW this year. It's a great little vacation for me and I'm not sure where else I would go, by myself, and have so much to see and do even with the cutbacks. So yes, I'm still going.

Flower

ONLY 6 MORE DAYS!!!

I'll admit one week ago when I went to the Disney site and saw everything was gone just as predicted here, I was angry!

But here's the picture. My two girls have their own countdown going on a calendar and my 4 yr. asks every morning if we are leaving today.

For me, the "magic" has already begun.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Flower
ONLY 6 MORE DAYS!!!

I'll admit one week ago when I went to the Disney site and saw everything was gone just as predicted here, I was angry!

But here's the picture. My two girls have their own countdown going on a calendar and my 4 yr. asks every morning if we are leaving today.

For me, the "magic" has already begun.

Hey sounds like you'll b having a good time!

I'll be stuck in bed, cause I have the flu!:cry:

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Hey sounds like you'll b having a good time!

I'll be stuck in bed, cause I have the flu!:cry:

Cookies aren't very good for the flu...I'll be over with some chicken soup and ginger ale!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom