News Festival of the Lion King returning to Disney's Animal Kingdom summer 2021

Touchdown

Typically though at WDW that would be done during overnights. I don't really see why this needs a 10 day closure.
But what about the fact that half the cast would also be preforming during the day (Timon, dancers, singers) I’m sure that runs afoul of union rules. While I guess one cast could do it at a time, running half shows during the 4th also sounds like a disaster for park ops.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Typically though at WDW that would be done during overnights. I don't really see why this needs a 10 day closure.

I really hope it’s not because they don’t want to pay the cast the overnight “premium” for those rehearsals, but it wouldn’t shock me if that were the reason.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

'Festival of the Lion King' back at Disney's Animal Kingdom complete with Tumble Monkeys and Flying Bird​

Festival-of-the-Lion-King_Full_47949.jpg

Unbanshee

SplashJacket

A0AE870A-C391-4403-8C7B-877A12B9C9EA.jpeg

337AC6DF-D802-409C-BF4C-1B2865A28C9C.jpeg

D75A9D55-6EC6-4C86-98DE-829153E7ABBB.jpeg

Absolutely fantastic show. The enthusiasm by the performers and guests was extremely evident.

The tumble monkey segment is fantastic. Way better than I remember and I have always loved it. Returns the show to its full glory.

Acrobatic can you feel the love tonight is equally amazing.

The sign language interpreters did an amazing job. Phenomenally talent and animated!

RSoxNo1

Sorry to thread bump but wanted to update people here.

I could be mistaken but in late November the stilt walkers weren't part of the show, but they were definitely there a week later. They are also not doing the animal sections or having kids come around as part of the finale as of early December.

mm52200

Sorry to thread bump but wanted to update people here.

I could be mistaken but in late November the stilt walkers weren't part of the show, but they were definitely there a week later. They are also not doing the animal sections or having kids come around as part of the finale as of early December.
Stilt walkers being there some days and missing others is due to staffing.
No crowd interaction still.

JohnD

Bumping again. So I saw it today. The entire show appears to be back including stilt walkers and children marching around the theater with a narrative change.

After the children dance around the theater, singling out one child with Timon saying and pointing, "You were perfect, especially you!" was removed.

This was not related to health but was clearly a narrative change. I get the impression what was done previously is not coming back.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom