Fess up...what are some of your traditions in planning?

Boardwalk!

Ok for me :hammer: nobody laugh!!! :zipit:

When I know that I am going to Disney I watch all my Disney movies (which is ALL I assure you :lol: 85 total :rolleyes: ) in the order they were released :dazzle:

And I read three guidebooks....Unofficial Guide, Birnbaum's, and Passporter :)

OK NOW TELL!! (otherwise I'll edit this :lol: )

Raven66

First we make lists on the must do rides for each park. Then I make packing lists for each one of us, 3 total. And my husband pulls out the atlas and plots which way we will travel, even tho he knows it by heart. Of course we read all the Disney books and watch the planning videos. Our next trip is 48 days away.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Lilmama21

I don't think you can say it's a tradition since this will be our first official visit in May but anytime we do annnnything we say "I'm going to Walt Disney World!!" Example: "You just flushed the toilet, what are you going to do next?" "You just did the dishes, what are you going to do next?" "You just stubbed your toe, what are you going to do next? "I'm going to Walt Disney World!!!"
We're big dorks here.

Upvote 0
First, I must buy the Unofficial Guide to WDW for current year, doesn't matter that I have bought it last year, the year before, the year before...and not the Mini Mickey, the BIG book, read it, reread it and generally drive those around me insane! :hammer:

Upvote 0

Texas84

I work up an Excel spreadsheet with daily park hours, events and early openings to plan the week. It also has my budget for the trip.

And, of course, a countdown on my web page.

Upvote 0

lakersfan17

i do many things.

1. make a list of park hours for everyday that i am there.
2. make a list of monorail colors and write down what line they are on.
3. i have a countdown timer, counting down until i leave.
4. Decide what pins i want to take along with me.

Upvote 0

Boardwalk!

Original Poster
Thank goodness!!! So I'm not the only one that's nuts!! :lol:

This is fun, keep it going ;)

I do need to add that I also do the excel spreadsheets

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Let's see.......most of my reply can be "cut and paste"

1. Excel Spreadsheet for the drive path/mileage/time/stops
2. Excel Spreadsheet of the Park Hours, When to Go, What Shows are running when (all in Disney Fonts, of course)
3. Excel Spreadsheet of the trip budget, including day-to-day plans and meals
4. Buy the Unofficial Guide every year, just as others do - read it cover to cover, even though I've read it 7 times
5. Buy Birnbaum's book just for the Disney-influenced marketing
6. Make reservations the earliest day I can, as well as Priority Seatings
7. Go over the park-by-park, ride-by-ride, day-by-day iteneraries
8. Make packing lists
9. Obcess until we pull out of the driveway, to start the 1,009 mile trip from Indianapolis, IN to Port Orleans Riverside!

That's not is it?!

Upvote 0

figmentfan

I check on different rates for the Hotels (different codes like ABC.) I want to go to Disney, but don't want to spend too much money.

I also check for any e-ride nights, but they don't do them anymore.:mad:

I also don't sleep the night before, too excited!:animwink: :animwink:

Upvote 0

MagicalMonorail

I read Birnbaum's everyday, as well as watch the vacation video. We don't plan parks and attractions. We just wake up and off we go. But, we have to know what park we're going to to get on the bus.

Upvote 0

paulcmartens

Account Suspended

I obsess about a trip for years, dream if you will...then run into some money, and bang 'spontaneously' plan a trip that weekend....and then think about moving there...VERY seriously. :)

Upvote 0

DCL

I make a countdown calendar, starting with the day I made my reservations... I'm down to 72 days right now, actually!

Me, along with whoever I am going with always make guesses for which color monorail we will see first..

.. I always buy the Birmbaum's book for that year..

..I always read the trip log we made from the last one to see which attrections I missed, so i wont forget to do them the next time around..

..And we always take guesses as to how long into the trip it will take for my father to get stressed out :lol:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Since I live fairly close, and go often, I don't check maps, attractions, etc. :lol:

HOWEVER, I do check the Orlando weather predictions before I pack (the day before) so I have a rough idea of what I'll need.

Upvote 0

johnvree

Originally posted by Texas84
I work up an Excel spreadsheet with daily park hours, events and early openings to plan the week. It also has my budget for the trip.

And, of course, a countdown on my web page.
I don't use Excel, but I create a spreadsheet too. I am sure what I do is gross overplanning to most. But, for me, planning is half the fun. I use the spread sheet to plan out what parks we are doing on each day, to list the must-do attractions for each day, to plan where we want to eat and to create a budget.

I know, I need medication.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom