Fess up...what are some of your traditions in planning?

Boardwalk!

Ok for me :hammer: nobody laugh!!! :zipit:

When I know that I am going to Disney I watch all my Disney movies (which is ALL I assure you :lol: 85 total :rolleyes: ) in the order they were released :dazzle:

And I read three guidebooks....Unofficial Guide, Birnbaum's, and Passporter :)

OK NOW TELL!! (otherwise I'll edit this :lol: )

speck76

I get on I-4 and drive 10 minutes until I am in LBV, then I decide which exit to take. From there, I see which lane is moving the fastest, and from there, I stay in that lane until I hit a tollbooth.

Upvote 0

David

Originally posted by marynorth
How do you get the planning video on DVD format?

Call Disney are request the DVD or you can go the WDW website and order one. That's what we did and it's a great DVD for getting in the mood for Disney!

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Last year when I ordered the planning video I got my choice of DVD or VHS and so I got the DVD - but this year they only offered it to me on VHS....maybe they were out of DVDs at the time or something, either way I was bummed...still, the tape was a good Disney fix anyhow :p

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

Since we started doing the concierge service at GF; we haven't really changes our madness here:
1. We start planning everytime we get back home for the next trip
2. We also do excel spreadsheet, but only for what restaurants we want to eat at vs. the park. We always eat lunch and dinner at the park of the day
3. We always go down the night before our package starts. We do this so when we go to the GF at 7am we get checked in, get our passes, and head off for the whole day at the park.
4. Watch the Disney planning video's, can never get enough of the good stuff.
5. Read the official disney book.
6. My son keeps the count down.
7. 60 days before the trip we call down make priority seating
8. When the concierge calls at 45 days prior, they hook up all our other needs and requests.
9. The night before we leave I stay awake all night (I still do this and I'm a 32 year old kid)

Upvote 0

barnum42

Originally posted by speck76
I get on I-4 and drive 10 minutes until I am in LBV, then I decide which exit to take. From there, I see which lane is moving the fastest, and from there, I stay in that lane until I hit a tollbooth.
Spek - do you really want a group slap from the people who live a tad further from the parks than you? :animwink:

Upvote 0
Being the biggest Disney Fanatic in my family is a good thing for 1 reason
I GET TO PLAN EVERYTHING!
Yes ok fine, i am only 15 but i still know more about the perks and disney special than my family so they let me plan it!

This year i am thinking about staying at the new pop century.... I also buy the Unofficial guide 2004 and Birnbaum's

Watch the Disney planning video's which i only have one from like 1997 but still reminds me of the magic and if i am forgetting anything..

Find the resort for and plan (i think magical gatherings this year)!

Next create the list:
which rides to go on... chronological order
as well as places to eat

start the countdown: which is today 79 more days till i leave!

Try and sleep the night before i know it's hard... i just think of that commercial with the adults pretending their asleep when they are to excited to go like their kids who are awake too!

then let the dream come true

Upvote 0

weluvtink

Originally posted by speck76
That's just mean,man. Can I cry now?:cry:

Upvote 0

mwc1996

I thought I was a freak for all the planning I did but I guess not. I have done the spread sheets also. I watch the planning DVD at least once a week. My kids are even tired of watching it by now. My seven year old has asked me to stop telling her stories about Disney World until it gets closer. I've been planning it for almost a year now and we are still 190 days away. :hammer: :cry:

Upvote 0
does anyone know how i can get a planning video sent to me free in the mail.. i have gotten one before but only once in 1997 i think i want the newst one thanks bye!
Angie

Upvote 0

marynorth

For some reason the website doesn't let you specify video or DVD - it is just video. I called DW reservations and asked them to send me the DVD, and he said he would. He didn't understand why the DVD option wasn't on the website.

Upvote 0

DCL

Originally posted by marynorth
For some reason the website doesn't let you specify video or DVD - it is just video. I called DW reservations and asked them to send me the DVD, and he said he would. He didn't understand why the DVD option wasn't on the website.

That's weird... I ordered the video off the website, and I had the choice between DVD and VHS.... and since it was so difficult to choose... I got one of each!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom