Ferry and bus service suspended at MK

disney4life2008

Well they do say the holidays and nye are the highest times people commit suicide.

And I'm sure they will now add glass to the windows.

Last edited by a moderator:

bennyw01

Reminds me of a story my parents told me about the exact same situation except the woman involved wasn't as lucky in being rescued.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
In case you're wondering, the circle below is 300 yards wide.
1577813337393.png

donsullivan

Premium Member
Oh I just missed the excitement! I watched fireworks from Polynesian close to the ferry docks. But I bolted for the monorail to catch the final candlelight show. I can’t imagine the madness at the park exit.

I was arriving at MK apparently right when this happened but wasn't aware of it at the time. When I got off the monorail at MK they had just started rerouting everyone in the ferry line over to the monorail. That whole area is tight now anyway due to all the construction so it was just starting to get pretty chaotic. Since it was just after the first fireworks performance of the night it was a whole lot of people and a whole lot of congestion.

KBLovedDisney

How about we all have some compassion for someone who is obviously hurting so much that she found life no longer worth living? How about we stop judging those suffering from depression - which can strike anyone and doesn't discriminate based on anything - and shift that judgement to the lack of quality care available to those who need it?
And we also have absolutely no clue what is going on in their lives that could hurt them so to their very core like being bullied, domestic violence or any other kind of abuse.

Be kind. Just be kind.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
How about we all have some compassion for someone who is obviously hurting so much that she found life no longer worth living. How about we stop judging those suffering from depression - which can strike anyone and doesn't discriminate based on anything - and shift that judgement to the lack of quality care available to those who need it.
Very well said

The Mom

Premium Member
How about we all have some compassion for someone who is obviously hurting so much that she found life no longer worth living. How about we stop judging those suffering from depression - which can strike anyone and doesn't discriminate based on anything - and shift that judgement to the lack of quality care available to those who need it.
There are so many diseases that may also have a lifestyle component (diabetes, lung cancer, etc) yet one disease that can strike someone regardless of anything they have done gets treated with derision by some. How cruel.

Time to shut this thread down. If you don't have a little compassion - walk on by.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
To all those who think this a joke or funny, what is wrong with you? A human being tried to end their life and you think it deserves ridicule?

I thought members of this forum would keep it respectful in this thread once the circumstances of the incident changed, clearly not.

Raineman

To all those who think this a joke or funny, what is wrong with you? A human being tried to end their life and you think it deserves ridicule?

I thought members of this forum would keep it respectful in this thread once the circumstances of the incident changed, clearly not.
Unfortunately, that's the mindset of too many people on here. They are not satisfied with constantly complaining and ridiculing every decision made at WDW, they have to extend that to serious incidents as well. It always amazes me how a forum discussing a theme park, a place where people go to have fun, can be so ugly. Let's hope the girl can pull through this.

DisneyDebRob

Unfortunately, that's the mindset of too many people on here. They are not satisfied with constantly complaining and ridiculing every decision made at WDW, they have to extend that to serious incidents as well. It always amazes me how a forum discussing a theme park, a place where people go to have fun, can be so ugly. Let's hope the girl can pull through this.
Agreed. Unfortunately it’s not just the mindset of some on here, it is pervasive throughout the internet. It’s just being able to say things behind a screen with no repercussions of how it can affect others. Things that would never be said face to face before the internet can now be slung around.
Haven’t heard anything about how she is doing, if anyone has a update would appreciate it!

Lilofan

A buddy of mine told me he had family on the ferryboat when the girl jumped off into gator infested waters. The guests were not allowed to leave the boat for a few hours because of the incident.

Last edited:

Sans Souci

There is nothing to prove that people who complain about WDW are making heartless comments about this woman's suicide attempt. It's entirely possible for someone to love WDW and be an insensitive jerk and likewise the opposite is true. Loving WDW doesn't confer sweetness and light onto someone anymore than criticizes it makes them the Devil Incarnate.

I'm saying this as someone who survived a suicide attempt, but it's an absolutely ridiculous stretch to make.

Raineman

There is nothing to prove that people who complain about WDW are making heartless comments about this woman's suicide attempt. It's entirely possible for someone to love WDW and be an insensitive jerk and likewise the opposite is true. Loving WDW doesn't confer sweetness and light onto someone anymore than criticizes it makes them the Devil Incarnate.

I'm saying this as someone who survived a suicide attempt, but it's an absolutely ridiculous stretch to make.
I don't think it is a stretch. Some members of this forum who are known to be always confrontational and rude to other posters were involved in making insensitive comments surrounding the death of the child at the GF beach a few years ago. Even earlier in this thread-"I see Darwin was not fast enough." when referencing someone who may have just attempted to end their own life. I'm not saying every confrontational member here would make insensitive comments, but someone who is clearly in that negative mindset on a public forum would be more likely to make an insensitive comment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom