Feedback on new style

Tom

Beta Return
I've been in and out of Magic over the past few days, and I'm amazed at how quickly I've adapted to the changes. lol I actually like the new look now and love all the new perks. My only wish is that the background color was something other than white. (I am using Liquid Dimmed.) No real reason why...I just was used to the blue, I guess. Still, that's a minor detail. All in all, I like it!
P.S. > I did miss our old smilies, too. But I found them all and saved them to copy and paste.
crown.gif

I'm a happy camper!
hurray.gif

Change your style again to WDWMAGIC Classic or WDWMAGIC Classic Liquid.

Classic will have a fixed-width forum (which is what I use) and Liquid lets't the forum area stretch to the width of your browser window.

It's looks as much like the old site as we're going to get, and I personally find it VERY easy to read, now that a few tweaks have been made.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Dang'it Mom!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Change your style again to WDWMAGIC Classic or WDWMAGIC Classic Liquid.

Classic will have a fixed-width forum (which is what I use) and Liquid lets't the forum area stretch to the width of your browser window.

It's looks as much like the old site as we're going to get, and I personally find it VERY easy to read, now that a few tweaks have been made.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Dang'it Mom!
Mom is watching.....always watching.

2001_monsters_inc_010.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yes, I noticed the member information on left, nav, headers, etc appeared to be Trebuchet, but the actual post font is set to serifs in the messageText style. Not a big deal at all, just a personal preference. Be nice if the settings allowed users to select their base font. LOL

css.php:576
.message .messageText, .message .signature {
font-size: 11pt;
font-family: Georgia,"Times New Roman",Times,serif;
line-height: 1.4;
}

Love the element inspector in Firefox!
Thanks! It was a bug, should be fixed now.

Nemo14

Steve - I'm really loving the new digs - it's amazing how fast it is! One question though - I keep getting a small black box flashing in the upper right corner of the screen. Any idea what it is?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Steve - I'm really loving the new digs - it's amazing how fast it is! One question though - I keep getting a small black box flashing in the upper right corner of the screen. Any idea what it is?

Yes it is a progress bar when the forum is communicating with the server. Glad to hear you are enjoying the speed!

Tom

Beta Return
I noticed last night on my HP TouchPad that when I'm on the forum, the main menu buttons wrap, with "Site Map" dropping down a row and covering up my membername (the "User CP" dropdown). Just FYI. Nothing life altering...just can't access my profile or settings when on that device.

Sweet Melissa

I still see it in my bookmarks toolbar, but not on the URL bar nor on tabs. It could just be me, though. I've been experiencing some odd glitches with Firefox for the past few days. Also, I know that Firefox says they're doing away with favicons in their next version, so it could be a moot point for me soon anyway.

Tom

Beta Return
I still see it in my bookmarks toolbar, but not on the URL bar nor on tabs. It could just be me, though. I've been experiencing some odd glitches with Firefox for the past few days. Also, I know that Firefox says they're doing away with favicons in their next version, so it could be a moot point for me soon anyway.

I used Firefox until the last version started becoming unstable, and wanting to upgrade every time I opened it. I'm strictly a Chrome user now, or I.E. when someone codes a website poorly and requires the use of I.E.

Sweet Melissa

This memory leak problem that Firefox has been having for the last several updates has almost persuaded me to try Chrome. There are just so many scripts and customizations that I think I will miss when I switch. All the little PITA glitches in Firefox will eventually cause me to switch over, though. Probably sooner than later.

Tom

Beta Return
This memory leak problem that Firefox has been having for the last several updates has almost persuaded me to try Chrome. There are just so many scripts and customizations that I think I will miss when I switch. All the little PITA glitches in Firefox will eventually cause me to switch over, though. Probably sooner than later.

I used to worship Firefox for those reasons, but I've quickly become a fan of chrome. It's clean, stable, updates all the plugins seamlessly, and fast. Te only downside is no protection of your saved passwords. Never a glitch for me though!

And on subject, magic looks great in chrome!

UberMouse

Same here. I preached Firefox for years and years. Last year I switched to Chrome do to issues with Firefox that I could not resolve. So far I am happy with it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is exactly why I use Chrome. I switched back and forth for a short time but once Chrome hit around version 2.0-3.0 it was a no brainer. It is clean, stable and I like having the exact same bookmarks and settings no matter which computer I am on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom