FEBRUARY Never Again!!!!!!!!!

Leo!

Don't know if you're aware also: January and February is the long summer vacation period for south americans. You'll see a lot of Brazilians, Argentineans, Chileans, Colombians, tour groups, etc. If you add also the marathon weekend, will be a packed park for sure.

I've been there end of january and beg of february and no more... parks were absolutely packed even in the EMH.

SaLeone

I was there last week from Saturday to Saturday, and it really wasn't bad in terms of the crowd level. It was busy, but it wasnt horrendous like the OP is saying. Had the time of my life!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The writing styles are pretty different so I doubt it is the same person.

A post like this like this pops up every 12-18 months or so. Someone will go to WDW and they are absolutely flabbergasted that the rest of the world does not follow their school systems vacation schedule and the parks turn out to be crowded at a time they are sure would just be walk-on's all day long.

They then proceed to cut and paste their "scathing review" on every site they can. The OP might post once or twice more, then just fades off into the sunset, never to be heard of again.

mf1972

i can feel the OP's pain about crowds in general. who doesn't like crowds? when we first started going, we went on the fly & didn't plan well. it wasn't as crowded back then. i miss those days :(

Ralphlaw

Um, a very heated and lengthy thread in the last couple months debated if Disney is intentionally raising prices to help alleviate over-crowding. Apparently the observations aren't bearing out that thread. Perhaps another price hike will be warranted. Just kidding--sort of.

Sonconato

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH DISNEY THIS WEEK? My husband, myself and our three DD's are here at what was SUPPOSED TO BE the happiest place on earth. We arrived Tuesday 2/21 and stay thru this Wednesday 3/01. THE CROWDS ARE INSANE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! Kids everywhere lines have been TERRIBLE!!! It feels like something out of a bad dream that you think will be over the next day........but NOOOOOOO!. Since when did schools start having Spring Break in FEBRUARY??? This is FEBRUARY!!!!! We took this vacation at the spur of the moment knowing we would be arriving during a SLOW time of year, if this is even a thing any more??? Do people not let their precious little angels go to school any more? Oh of course not, they have to crowd up the parks in the middle of WINTER! I am sorry to sound this upset but we were not expecting the crowds we have encountered so far during the dead of winter season. I understand why February 20 would be busy as it is a holiday. I can understand why the weekend days before would be busy, as those attach on to a 3 day weekend for many schools. So guess what? We avoided those days because of that. But the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday AFTER????? THIS IS NOT SPRING BREAK YET. We planned on purpose to arrive AFTER the holiday weekend so we could actually, you know, ENJOY THE PARKS WITHOUT IT FEELING LIKE SUMMER OR NEW YEAR. Well you can guess how this has paid us back so far. I will tell you never again. Never EVER again. I am beyond PO'd. Even our DD's are over it. No we are not wanting to cut the trip short or anything but would be nice if people would get their brats back in SCHOOL WHEN IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SPRING BREAK YET SO MAYBE THOSE OF US WHO AVOID RUSH TIMES CAN ENJOY THE PARKS WE PAY OVER 100.00 A DAY FOR WITHOUT BEING BUMPED PUSHED AND HAVING TO WAIT BEHIND EVERY OTHER FAMILY IN THE USA. Is that too much to ask? To take a vacation in FEBRUARY and actually it feel like February? We also knew that by going now we would avoid the opening of Avatar and have most of DHS under construction. Guess what? PACKED! Parks are packed. What are people flooding into DHS to look at? Construction walls???? It was a mess and a zoo there yet people packed in like sardines like their life depended on it this week. GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LET THOSE OF US WHO FOR YEARS TREASURED A LITTLE OFF SEASON HAVE IT BACK AGAIN! You can clog up the parks during the summer or spring break or winter holidays. I work as a middle school counselor so I KNOW those are times to avoid when everyone is free to travel. So what do we do? We stay HOME during those times, and plan accordingly when we KNOW or thought we knew the parks would be slow. I am sitting here in our POP room at 3 in the morning just shaking thinking about how everything we thought this week would be has backfired on us. Shorter lines in middle of February? WRONG! Not having to feel like you're walking through Manhattan just to find a seat at quick service? WRONG! Will be visiting the parks again in the month of February? WRONG!!! Thank you for a lovely week but no thanks. This woman is ready for some peace and quiet after this is all said and done. A tip to all you wanting to go this time of year........... BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!

Your frustration is understood but what you and many others need to realize is that there is no longer a slow time of year…period! IMO…it all started to change when WDW corporation, due to the recession caused by the housing mess, started making changes around 2010 to increase attendance and then later, their more recent attempt of “reducing crowds in the Parks” in October of 2015 which clearly didn’t work. It seemed to move the crowds from Disney Springs to the Parks. We also feel that it coincidentally aligns when Facebook and other social media sites had really taken off, people post their photos showing a great time, which encourages others to do the same. As many have said, you make the best of it because it’s the way it is unless more people start feeling the way you do. AK has been packed this past month with the soft opening and official opening of Rivers of Light. I wouldn’t expect it to get better anytime soon, especially with Pandora coming soon and Star Wars in the Future.

Last edited:

Disneyfamily4

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH DISNEY THIS WEEK? My husband, myself and our three DD's are here at what was SUPPOSED TO BE the happiest place on earth. We arrived Tuesday 2/21 and stay thru this Wednesday 3/01. THE CROWDS ARE INSANE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! Kids everywhere lines have been TERRIBLE!!! It feels like something out of a bad dream that you think will be over the next day........but NOOOOOOO!. Since when did schools start having Spring Break in FEBRUARY??? This is FEBRUARY!!!!! We took this vacation at the spur of the moment knowing we would be arriving during a SLOW time of year, if this is even a thing any more??? Do people not let their precious little angels go to school any more? Oh of course not, they have to crowd up the parks in the middle of WINTER! I am sorry to sound this upset but we were not expecting the crowds we have encountered so far during the dead of winter season. I understand why February 20 would be busy as it is a holiday. I can understand why the weekend days before would be busy, as those attach on to a 3 day weekend for many schools. So guess what? We avoided those days because of that. But the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday AFTER????? THIS IS NOT SPRING BREAK YET. We planned on purpose to arrive AFTER the holiday weekend so we could actually, you know, ENJOY THE PARKS WITHOUT IT FEELING LIKE SUMMER OR NEW YEAR. Well you can guess how this has paid us back so far. I will tell you never again. Never EVER again. I am beyond PO'd. Even our DD's are over it. No we are not wanting to cut the trip short or anything but would be nice if people would get their brats back in SCHOOL WHEN IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SPRING BREAK YET SO MAYBE THOSE OF US WHO AVOID RUSH TIMES CAN ENJOY THE PARKS WE PAY OVER 100.00 A DAY FOR WITHOUT BEING BUMPED PUSHED AND HAVING TO WAIT BEHIND EVERY OTHER FAMILY IN THE USA. Is that too much to ask? To take a vacation in FEBRUARY and actually it feel like February? We also knew that by going now we would avoid the opening of Avatar and have most of DHS under construction. Guess what? PACKED! Parks are packed. What are people flooding into DHS to look at? Construction walls???? It was a mess and a zoo there yet people packed in like sardines like their life depended on it this week. GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND LET THOSE OF US WHO FOR YEARS TREASURED A LITTLE OFF SEASON HAVE IT BACK AGAIN! You can clog up the parks during the summer or spring break or winter holidays. I work as a middle school counselor so I KNOW those are times to avoid when everyone is free to travel. So what do we do? We stay HOME during those times, and plan accordingly when we KNOW or thought we knew the parks would be slow. I am sitting here in our POP room at 3 in the morning just shaking thinking about how everything we thought this week would be has backfired on us. Shorter lines in middle of February? WRONG! Not having to feel like you're walking through Manhattan just to find a seat at quick service? WRONG! Will be visiting the parks again in the month of February? WRONG!!! Thank you for a lovely week but no thanks. This woman is ready for some peace and quiet after this is all said and done. A tip to all you wanting to go this time of year........... BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE!!

This is a winter break for pretty much every school in NY. I'm not sure of other states, but I think all schools get one week in Feb, then one week in April or March, depending on easter.

Mandy M.

Wow. This is what happens when you do zero research and assume you know what's going on. I live in the Northeast and know that we have this time of year off and would expect it to be packed. I never understood why people think there is only one week of Spring break for the whole country. As an educator, this should be obvious that schools have different schedules. Part of me feels bad for the OP but the other half thinks it's her own fault. I bet the vast majority of kids there had the week off of school and the rant of the OP is ignorant and just plain rude.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

She's minus a kid between that post and this one - her son...

Or just another of "those guests".

I think dear, sweet Katie was a troll. Too much detail and embellishment - owns Disney stock, is a travel agent, superlative descriptions of her children, etc.

I really wonder about the people who like to troll boards like this. What make them tick?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Blame it on sites like this one that publicize the "slow times" for their readers. Then everybody goes during those "slow times," making them "crowded" and leaving a gap when everyone else would have gone.

Then someone discovers that gap, posts about how slow it was during that visit, and the cycle begins anew.

There actually IS a good time to go, but there's no way I'm going to mention it here... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom