Favorite YouTube channels

mergatroid

Noticed this thread was electo-shocked back to life, but I'll bite. I searched through five pages and didn't see this one so I'll give a shout out to AJ and DFBGuide (Disney Food Blog). Don't really care if others don't like it for any reason. I find their videos entertaining, and AJ has an alluring voice. 🤣 You can hear her smiling during every video.
I thought it was just me who thought that? There's somebody on this forum who can't stand the fact she has a channel that makes money from talking about food, they get really irate about it. Can't remember who it is but they really resent the fact she does that for a living :D

Last edited:

Heppenheimer

I thought it was just me who thought that? There's somebody on this forum who can't stand the fact she has a channel that makes money from talking about food, they get really irate about it. Can't remember who it is but they really resent the fact she does that for a living :D
I think my wife watches AJ's videos daily. I enjoy them too, although because it's going to be a while before we have a chance to visit again and her videos have a limited shelf life, I don't watch them as much.

On day's when I just need to happily relax, I'll put on one of FreshBaked!'s walk-throughs.

Pepper's Ghost

Nope, you're not alone on that. Her voice is very sexy. Btw, if AJ is on these boards and sees this, hope I'm not embarrassing you. ☺️🙃 I can't help but admit the truth though. I'm not into super happy-go-lucky people, but she strikes the perfect balance.

Regarding the person who resents that she can make a living off it... don't hate the player, hate the game. It just is what it is. I think it's ridiculous that social media "influencers" make a living that way, but if companies are willing to pay them money for just existing or whatever their talent is, more power to them. It all dates back to Paris Hilton. She was the first person to get paid lots of money for doing nothing. Then it was the Kardashians. So many people have learned to do it in various ways... like drinking water from different public locations and fountains in WDW. If someone does something that stupid and companies are willing to throw money at them... so be it. Nothing is stopping any of us from trying the same thing. I just prefer to make a living that's a little more assured. Social media personality can come and go quickly, and then you're living on food stamps. That's the risk they're taking.

mergatroid

Nope, you're not alone on that. Her voice is very sexy. Btw, if AJ is on these boards and sees this, hope I'm not embarrassing you. ☺️🙃 I can't help but admit the truth though. I'm not into super happy-go-lucky people, but she strikes the perfect balance.

Regarding the person who resents that she can make a living off it... don't hate the player, hate the game. It just is what it is. I think it's ridiculous that social media "influencers" make a living that way, but if companies are willing to pay them money for just existing or whatever their talent is, more power to them. It all dates back to Paris Hilton. She was the first person to get paid lots of money for doing nothing. Then it was the Kardashians. So many people have learned to do it in various ways... like drinking water from different public locations and fountains in WDW. If someone does something that stupid and companies are willing to throw money at them... so be it. Nothing is stopping any of us from trying the same thing. I just prefer to make a living that's a little more assured. Social media personality can come and go quickly, and then you're living on food stamps. That's the risk they're taking.
She should do a Disney ASMR version :D

To be honest there's a number of professions like that and she knows the risks as do all social media people. Lot's of actors and entertainers are in the same position, no guarantee that there'll be a another job following the current one. Plus I don't see what she and others do as hurting or affecting anyone else. You could even argue that doctors, psychiatrists, physios and dentists etc are making money from curing people's misfortunes (I wouldn't necessarily agree) whilst she's making money at nobodies expense. Why anybody would lose sleep over somebody making videos about Disney which anyone else can try to do just blows my mind? My only concern is superchat on vloggs as I know somebody who has learning difficulties who gave away more than they should thinking they were friends to a vlogger who refused to give any back even after being informed of the circumstances. And to clarify it wasn't A.J. or any other Disney vlogger.

Heppenheimer

She's one of the few Disney vloggers I've seen whose content is informative and well-produced enough that I would be surprised if she was not making money off her channel. And I really appreciate that she never makes the videos about herself- its about the parks and resorts, with only some of her opinion offered when appropriate.

ppete1975

justinscarred is my favorite still followed by tim tracker (i actually like their videos more now they had jaxon, they seem less like they are trying to hard to be exciting)
BTW if you like justinscarred and like green day you should check out his music before youtube.. especially if you can stream albums for free like on itunes...
tired is a good song

champdisney

Adam the Woo is a personal favorite of mine.
Mickey Views is great with plenty of insightful news and developments.
Offhand Disney is very knowledgeable on Disney Parks history and entertaining while telling it.

bhg469

Major plus is that shes a Bills fan too!

Pepper's Ghost

Major plus is that shes a Bills fan too!
Since I'm a Chicagoan, not necessarily a plus, but I have no issues with the Bills, or Buffalo in general for that matter. How could I... Buffalo has given us my favorite sauce for chicken, as well as the best hockey player in Chicago sports history, arguably the best American-born hockey player in history. As a huge Blackhawks fan, I appreciate Buffalo. 😁

Ldno

During the pandemic DisneyParks released some first person POV videos of some of their famous rides that made me shed a couple of tears since it was beautifully edited!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom