Favorite WDW Ride

Favorite ride at WDW

• Total voters

Goofy_guy

Original Poster
Excuse me if this is already been made. What is everybody's favorite ride in all of WDW and why?

For me it would be Splash Mountain mostly for the que line and the story the ride tells.

Tom

Beta Return
Tower of Terror is the all-around favorite for both my wife and I.

Personally, I believe it encompasses everything that WDI was always meant to be. It epitomizes their abilities, and all that is Disney.

From the instant you see the attraction from down the street, you're in the story. The entire building is themed, and every square inch of it's surroundings match the time period and story perfectly.

Once inside, every detail was attended to. And the ride itself is incredible. The only ride that they can actually re-program, almost overnight (I don't count TSMM, since the experience really doesn't change).

Not one penny was spared when designing and building the attraction, and it shows. Also, while not a "Six Flags" coaster junkie type thrill, it IS a thrill ride. It's a perfect "Disney thrill ride". And it's a thrill ride I can enjoy without becoming ill from motion sickness.

Don't get me wrong, I love the classics like HM, Pirates and Jungle Cruise....but the Tower has won me over.

Chef Mickey

Tower of Terror is the all-around favorite for both my wife and I.

Personally, I believe it encompasses everything that WDI was always meant to be. It epitomizes their abilities, and all that is Disney.

From the instant you see the attraction from down the street, you're in the story. The entire building is themed, and every square inch of it's surroundings match the time period and story perfectly.

Once inside, every detail was attended to. And the ride itself is incredible. The only ride that they can actually re-program, almost overnight (I don't count TSMM, since the experience really doesn't change).

Not one penny was spared when designing and building the attraction, and it shows. Also, while not a "Six Flags" coaster junkie type thrill, it IS a thrill ride. It's a perfect "Disney thrill ride". And it's a thrill ride I can enjoy without becoming ill from motion sickness.

Don't get me wrong, I love the classics like HM, Pirates and Jungle Cruise....but the Tower has won me over.
It is an incredible ride and would be in my top 2. Only reason the Haunted Mansion is ahead is Paul Frees.

ImagineerDude

Another vote for splash. The songs, the experience, the characters, riding past on the train, but not the smell (seriously, smell your hands after gripping the handle bars in front of you...a mix of sweat and vomit). Most water rides gross me out for some reason (unless it's in a water park), and splash does too but I just don't think about it a pay attention to all the details (like the FSU animal) around me. "Everybody has a laughing place, maybe this one is yours." :devilish: Now I realllly wanna go back!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

StarWarsGirl

I was really torn between Star Tours and TofT, but ultimately picked Star Tours. I love Star Tours. And not just because I'm kind of a Star Wars Girl... (Okay, no more jokes...) but I just love how you walk up to it and it looks like a Star Wars movie set with the Imperial Walker outside (although why in the world does the Imperial Walker no longer shoot?) and the Endor sets. Then you get inside to that amazing queue. I almost wish it didn't move so quickly because I love watching the droids in the queue, especially the bag check droid. If you look carefully, at one point there's a Mickey in the bags, Madam Leota from Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Major Domo from Captain EO (at which point the droid says something along the lines of "We aren't here to change the world..." :rolleyes:), and more. And it makes fun of the TSA because the droid lets all of these prohibited items past, blasters, droids, etc., but then makes a big deal over a computer and a Mickey plush. And then there's Captain Rex there from the original Star Tours and another droid...and then references to Star Wars that only some fans will pick up...(TK421? Why isn't he at his post? Hmmm...must have a good reason.) Disney just outdid themselves on that queue; the attention to detail is great. You feel as if you are in a Star Tours terminal getting ready for a space flights.

And then there's the actual ride. Putting Threepio in there was genius. And then all of the sequences are just great. I think my favorite would be starting out seeing Darth Vader, then ending up on Tatooine doing the pod racing, then seeing Princess Leia's transmission, then ending on Naboo where we go under the water. But all of the sequences are great.

TofT would probably be my second choice. Every time I see it I just get so excited. The theming is also great. I've heard some of the effects need refurbishing, but nonetheless, it's a great ride.

Goofy_guy

Original Poster
:)
I was really torn between Star Tours and TofT, but ultimately picked Star Tours. I love Star Tours. And not just because I'm kind of a Star Wars Girl... (Okay, no more jokes...) but I just love how you walk up to it and it looks like a Star Wars movie set with the Imperial Walker outside (although why in the world does the Imperial Walker no longer shoot?) and the Endor sets. Then you get inside to that amazing queue. I almost wish it didn't move so quickly because I love watching the droids in the queue, especially the bag check droid. If you look carefully, at one point there's a Mickey in the bags, Madam Leota from Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Major Domo from Captain EO (at which point the droid says something along the lines of "We aren't here to change the world..." :rolleyes:), and more. And it makes fun of the TSA because the droid lets all of these prohibited items past, blasters, droids, etc., but then makes a big deal over a computer and a Mickey plush. And then there's Captain Rex there from the original Star Tours and another droid...and then references to Star Wars that only some fans will pick up...(TK421? Why isn't he at his post? Hmmm...must have a good reason.) Disney just outdid themselves on that queue; the attention to detail is great. You feel as if you are in a Star Tours terminal getting ready for a space flights.

And then there's the actual ride. Putting Threepio in there was genius. And then all of the sequences are just great. I think my favorite would be starting out seeing Darth Vader, then ending up on Tatooine doing the pod racing, then seeing Princess Leia's transmission, then ending on Naboo where we go under the water. But all of the sequences are great.

TofT would probably be my second choice. Every time I see it I just get so excited. The theming is also great. I've heard some of the effects need refurbishing, but nonetheless, it's a great ride.

Couldntve said it better myself. Kinda makes me want to change my vote :p

Mickey87

I would say the People Mover is my favorite ride. The thing I love the most about the parks is just sitting on a bench and taking in the atmosphere. Now put me on a ride that does the same thing and I'm sold! (Although I really miss Delta Dreamflight)

Also, I consider the monorail an attraction in itself. I could sit on that thing all day long.

Chef Mickey

I respect your points and agree that the Star Wars queue is one of the best queues. The only reason I can't put Star Tours up in the elite is it's still essentially a 3D movie. There is just not enough substance to it for me and thus difficult to compare it to ToT.

ToT is almost quite literally in another dimension. There is an amazing queue, story, and a world class ride experience that has stood the test of time beautifully. You get the pre show, boiler room, a detailed story, music, fear, thrill, incredible detail, and the random element all packaged into an absolutely ridiculous scale of a 199 foot monster. It's just incredibly grand.

Magenta Panther

Tower of Terror for me. My second choice would be Haunted Mansion...but the last time I was at WDW, the ride through the Mansion was stopped so many times (to let handicapped people on and off, I guess) that it just about killed the ride for me. I wish TDO had the wit and the guts to simply inform the public that SOME rides just weren't designed for people with special needs - and that would include the Mansion. To have the narrative interrupted over and over during a single ride-through is so insulting to the ride, its designers and to most park guests...it's sickening.

StarWarsGirl

I respect your points and agree that the Star Wars queue is one of the best queues. The only reason I can't put Star Tours up in the elite is it's still essentially a 3D movie. There is just not enough substance to it for me and thus difficult to compare it to ToT.

ToT is almost quite literally in another dimension. There is an amazing queue, story, and a world class ride experience that has stood the test of time beautifully. You get the pre show, boiler room, a detailed story, music, fear, thrill, incredible detail, and the random element all packaged into an absolutely ridiculous scale of a 199 foot monster. It's just incredibly grand.
While I respect your point of view as well, the reason I can't put TofT above Star Tours is because of the broken effects, especially the queue line, a fact I did not realize until going on the DL version. Although I don't like the DL version as well, it was in prime condition and all of the effects were working. Meanwhile, Star Tours is in great condition. I'm also basing this on overall experience. Star Tours is a fantastic experience from start to finish. TofT gives you a thrill to look at...but the queue is...meh...compared to others, and the whole thing just needs an overhaul.

The old version of Star Tours was just a movie. Actually, I couldn't even ride the old one because it made me motion sick. The new one feels very lifelike.

Like I said, I love both, but TofT needs a major refurb.

sophie_the_pooh

I have to say Pirates of the Carribean, it's been my favorite ride since my first visit. I love the song, hearing it makes me feel like I've really arrived at WDW. The animatronics truly impressed me as a child, now they make me smile and send me back to childhood!

I was between Splash and TofT. Both for reasons mentioned previously, including the queues and the story they tell, but not to mention that they are some of the more thrilling rides Disney has. I'm a bit of a thrill ride person at first, but after a few trips to Cedar Point I realized I enjoyed the entertainment of Disney more so than the thrill of a ride. The rides on this list are my favorite in WDW simply because they blend the best of both worlds for me.
I know for some, the repairs needed on rides become a distraction compared with DL or the rides in years past, but I still think Disney is putting out a better product than most on its worst day.

Csmith041177

I love these topics! For me, I have to choose 2: Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion. They are both Disney gold. Very immersive story, rides that last more than just a few minutes, intricate detailing, and of course some of my all time favorite attraction music on both!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom