Favorite ts in Hollywood studios

wareagle93

Original Poster
We have reservations booked for our whole trip except for the day that we will be at Hollywood studios. What's your favorite ts restaurant there?

Dad 2 M & M

Sci-Fi is a really cool joint as far as atmosphere, but the food as only decent. Mama Melrose was lousy the last time we were there (there as in eating there, we skipped it entirely last trip) and great the previous two before that. Brown Derby is not a real Signature and not worth 2 TS credits. 50s Prime Time is so-so without the atmosphere of Sci-Fi.

If you are on the DDP I would consider not doing a TS just getting QS, even if you have to go OOP for the QS. Again, if on the DDP, save the TS credit and use it elsewhere, maybe as a upgrade from a 1 TS credit dinner to a real Sig. Go to Yachtsman’s, Citrico’s, Flying Fish, or California Grill.

As far as QS at DHS, Starring Rolls is great for breakfast or lunch (closes in early afternoon, so no dinner) and Artist point is great for breakfast as well. No other QS really stands out, although Fairfax Fair one can obtain that same Rib and Chicken combo ala Cosmic Ray’s for 1 QS credit.

Again not sure if you are on the DDP at all, and if so which plan (on Deluxe it would be a waste to use a meal credit on QS).

materbuddy

I love 50's Prime Time. It is great. It is good old fashioned comfort food with great cast member interaction. Remember eat all of your veggies.

Malin

I like Brown Derby plus it has a couple of original dishes like the famous Cobb Salad and Grapefruit Cake. The other Restaurants are fine for theming and atmosphere but for food Brown Derby is my pick.

disneysince71

I love Prime time... Good food and Service... Was not crazy about Sci Fi because I like to see and talk to my children when we eat and they where glued to the movie the entire time... :)

HouCuseChickie

Honestly, the best most recent meal I've had in this park was breakfast at Hollywood & Vine; however, if you're looking lunch or dinner...Brown Derby is the best meal I've ever had in DHS. Prior to our 2012 trip, I would have put 50s in at 2nd, but we had such an average meal there and our Mama Melrose meal back in 2010 was very tasty... so I'd rank Mama Melrose #2 overall and #1 non-signature...based on our experiences. We have yet to try Sci Fi.

taz0162

We love 50s primetime and momma melrose. The steak at melrose was great and the atmosphere was relaxing. It was nice eating there where it a lot quieter. 50s primetime has food prepared with all the touches of moms home cooking. A little louder at 50s but we have never had anything there that we were disappointed in. I recommend each highly but I have not eaten at brown derby to offer up anything there but heard the food was good there too.

GeoDonJac34

Last year on our DHS night, we took a stroll over to the Yacht Club and ate at Yachtsmens Grill. We are really not too fond of the table service at DHS. It really is a nice walk over to the Epcot resort area.

luv

I suppose it is 50s, but I wouldn't say I love the food there...it is just, of the limited choices at DS, my favorite. It is a fun experience and the PB&J shake is exceedingly yummy, but the food isn't anything to remember.

wareagle93

Original Poster
Last year on our DHS night, we took a stroll over to the Yacht Club and ate at Yachtsmens Grill. We are really not too fond of the table service at DHS. It really is a nice walk over to the Epcot resort area.
How far is it to yatchsman? I really wanted to go there but we booked le celliier for our steak night...also what is the brown derby that everybody is talking about?

Malin

The Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant, open for lunch and dinner in Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park, serves contemporary American cuisine. Seasonal specialties include seafood, steak and poultry selections.

The fact that the upscale atmosphere harkens back to the Golden Age of Hollywood is no coincidence. The Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant at Walt Disney World Resort is an authentic replica of the famous Brown Derby, a longstanding Hollywood landmark and haunt for Tinseltown's biggest and brightest personalities.

"Meet me at The Derby!" could often be heard crossing the lips of celebrities. Now you can say it, too, and join the glamorous company.

The Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant redefines the concept of dining with the stars. The warm wood-paneled walls of this gourmet restaurant are adorned with caricatures of famous faces. The tradition of capturing the likenesses of luminaries began in the original Brown Derby restaurant.

Other legacies carried over to The Hollywood Brown Derby can be found on the menu with the signature dishes. The famous Brown Derby Cobb salad follows the recipe created by Bob Cobb, the owner of the historic California Brown Derby. Another Brown Derby original is the light grapefruit cake with cream cheese icing.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-brown-derby/

GeoDonJac34

How far is it to yatchsman? I really wanted to go there but we booked le celliier for our steak night...also what is the brown derby that everybody is talking about?
Afraid I am going to have to correct my post, we ate at Captains Grill not Yachtsman. Maybe I shouldn't be posting late on a weekend. As for the walk, it is around 15 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom