Favorite Smells of WDW

Mr. Toad

Original Poster
Since it seems that people keep mentioning the smells of WDW that they like I figured I would start a thread for it.

Here are my favorites:

1) The Polynesian lobby. As many have already said it has a very distinct smell. I remember when I was a kid I couldn't wait for our yearly trip to the Polynesian just so I could experience that smell again.

2) The Seven Seas lagoon

3) The Haunted Mansion

4) Pirates of the Caribbean

5) The oranges in Horizons (I really miss that).

6) The Monorails (at least they used to have one and not from the sweaty people).

7) I also recall a unique smell just after you cross the bridge into Adventureland as you pass the counter service restaurant. I'm not sure if that smell is still there, I'll have to check this year.

8) Finally, back in the 70's the paper bags they used to use in the shops had a unique smell that I just loved (I know, I'm weird). They were some sort of of coated paper. I would always buy something the day we left so that I could bring that smell home with me for a little while. I wish they still had those.

BSikor

Definetly there are many smells that can spark the old memory!
Some of my favorites are...

1- The oranges in the old Horizons:dazzle:

2- The smell of "Rome" in Spaceship Earth it's rank...but when ever I smell something burnt I immediatly think of Cronkite's voice "Rome falls victim to excess."

3- The grand ceremonial house...of course!

4- The Boulangerie Patisserie in France.

moonchild

ok, this is a bit weird, but my boyfriend bought me shampoo and conditioner for our trip. every time i use it i smell like im getting ready to hit the parks. my boyfriend says I smell like Disney when i use it!

thumper

I definitely agree with the Great Ceremonial House scent. I remember in Adventureland there was a Dole Pineapple stand ( love that smell!). Also , I think there was a distinct smell in the Universe of Energy when you entered into the dinosaur area.

Samwayla

I love the smell of Fort Wilderness. I'm not talking about like the smell of the forest, But Fort Wilderness has it's own unique smell to it. Especially in the lobby where you check in. I LOVE that smell. I can remember it from when I was a child staying there. Can anyone else identify with me??? I think it's something Disney puts in the air conditioning that warps our brains, makes us obsessed with Disney, and keeps us coming back and we just think it's magic. JUST KIDDING!

Rdedeian

There's nothing like walking pass a popcorn vendor in the parks and smelling a new batch of popcorn coming out of the pot. Drives you right to the cart to buy some.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Think the smell in World of Energy is due largely to the attractions location near the main gate, so is taken in early and the fact most people have had eggs for breakfast.
PPAAAAARPPPPPPPP!!!!!

kane

Best smell? In Alien Encounter when everyone is seated and locked in place,cut the most rankiest putrid hot fart you can muster.Watch all the faces crinkle up.

Pioneer Hall

I like how you can smell the Italian food from Tony's at night if you go inside the exposition hall.

Got to love the mildew at Splash Mountain (disgusting)

tinkrbel

favorite smells

my first thought was the oranges at Horizons ..then I turned to my husband and asked him ..his was the same :( we loved that ride .. thank goodness for the videos we took

Contemporary

Probably the best Disney smell is the Grand Canyon Concourse. Nothing like the mechanical smell of the monorail mixing with the smells of Chef Mickey's and the Concourse Steakhouse. I remember this so much because when I was little, we always had breakfast down on the concourse while watching the monorails go by.

Also, the Land has a VERY unique smell. The food combining with the mildewy smell from the boat ride.

All of the "boat" rides have great smells.....I swear, if it was any other place, a musty/mildewy/sulfuric type smell would be HORRIBLE, but not at Disney.

And last........I simply LOVE the way all of the hotel rooms smell. When I return from my trips, I simply refuse to unpack my clothes, because having been down there for a week, they begin to smell like the room!!! I know, it's sick, but what can I do.

Now I must return to watching A Dream Called Walt Disney World for the 17,345,655th time. :sohappy:

Brer Bear

Favorite Smells

Like I've mentioned before: The smell of the GCH at the Poly. I also like the smell of Rome burning on Spaceship Earth. And the smell of the lobby at the ToT. :sohappy:

X Zoe X

I like the smell of the funnel cakes and the smell over the lagoon at Epcot after all the firework! the smell of the " ye ol' christmas shop" is gorgous as well!

Samwayla

Hey TheDisneyBoy, What is the movie "A dream called Walt Disney World " about. I mean I know it's about WDW but like how long is it and what does it show and stuff. I am trying to buy a copy on Ebay. Thanks!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom