Favorite smell at Walt Disney World

P_Radden

That smell is actually lithium grease...and yes, it is one of my favorites as well!

We always notice the good ol "WDW" smell as we call it. The scent of all the mechanics in any dark ride: Great Movie Ride, Grand Fiesta Tour, SSE, any of them, they all have it... Something about being on a dark ride at WDW and smelling that timeless scent.. I always associated it with the animatronics or ride mechanics....Is it the lithium grease??

Ted Daggett

I love the smell when you approach the front of the main building at the Polynesian. It is a combination of the water and the flowers/plants. Also a similar smell when you enter the Polynesian main building.

Also, while the smell is not very good, the moldy damp smell of the air conditioning units on the MCO airport train that takes you from the terminal to Baggage Claim lets me know that I am about to begin my Disney adventure,which makes the normally bad smell seem great.

blueboxdoctor

It was the main lobby of the Polynesian when the waterfall was still there (probably was just the chemicals used in the water), but now that it's gone and replaced some some boring things, I don't know what my current answer would be.

Nastory4

The most wonderful smell at WDW is when I am in line on a hot day waiting for a ride and the person in front of me forgot to shower and/or use a little thing I like to call deodorant. Better than that fresh cookie smell that they pump out.

And yes, the above has happened......unfortunately. :eek:
...sorry, I needed to get to Rope Drop

Weather_Lady

My favorite is the smell that hits you as soon as you step inside the Haunted Mansion. It's kind of a musty orange smell, not unlike the scent of the "Blushing Orange" Disney hotel room shampoo, and to my nose, it's been the same smell since my first visit in 1982. One whiff, and I feel like an over-excited kid again!

BoarderPhreak

The musty water mist of Jungle Cruise and PotC (and others), the lobby of the Swalphin (I got the White Tea candle and travel set for Christmas, w00t), the oranges of Horizons and Soarin', the burning of Rome in SSE... Of course, Main Street USA in general. The Geir Ness cologne in Norway's gift shop (picked up a bottle last summer, niiiice).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom