Favorite romantic things to do at wdw?

BrerWayne

It’s been a while so I don’t know if you can still do it, but my wife and I watched the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach at the Poly.

tk924

Found a table right next to this stand in France, bought my wife a glass of wine and watched Illuminations.

France_Stand.jpg

Only done this once a long time ago (before we decided that Illuminations was our least favorite nighttime show).
Still, it was very enjoyable. Something we still talk about to this day.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Found a table right next to this stand in France, bought my wife a glass of wine and watched Illuminations.

France_Stand.jpg

Only done this once a long time ago (before we decided that Illuminations was our least favorite nighttime show).
Still, it was very enjoyable. Something we still talk about to this day.

Illuminations is my fav!! behind it Rivers of light, then Happily Ever After.

However i like that idea!

Mainahman

Original Poster
I always think it sounds nice to take a girl to the parks and go to Be Our Guest at night. Very difficult reservation, though.
My wife wants to wmeat there sooooo bad! She was dissapointed we couldn't get a lunch ressie last trip. Good idea!

JIMINYCR

We stay at POFQ, so we enjoy a late night leisurely stroll along the walking path between POFQ & PORS. The carriage rides are wonderful but we cant take advantage of them bc DW in a w/c. We also enjoy watching the electrical water pageant from the Contemp dock. And enjoying a late dinner at Calif Grill and watching the fireworks from the outside viewing area. A nice stroll can be enjoyed around the WS very late in the evening and onto the boardwalk as the crowds lessen.

Mainahman

Original Poster
We stay at POFQ, so we enjoy a late night leisurely stroll along the walking path between POFQ & PORS. The carriage rides are wonderful but we cant take advantage of them bc DW in a w/c. We also enjoy watching the electrical water pageant from the Contemp dock. And enjoying a late dinner at Calif Grill and watching the fireworks from the outside viewing area. A nice stroll can be enjoyed around the WS very late in the evening and onto the boardwalk as the crowds lessen.
i like that too!! we looove World Showcase!

slappy magoo

With two kids, romance at WDW for us is a fleeting handhold in the parks and applying lotion to our sore muscles back in the hotel.

But in our day, we always made it a point to make reservations for dinner at Rose & Crown at around 7:45 and hold out for an outside table. It's even where I wound up popping the question.

Not to the wife I have now, though, and believe me she never lets me forget it.

Just kidding, it's where I asked my wife. The one I have now. Not the one she doesn't know about yet.

Mainahman

Original Poster
With two kids, romance at WDW for us is a fleeting handhold in the parks and applying lotion to our sore muscles back in the hotel.

But in our day, we always made it a point to make reservations for dinner at Rose & Crown at around 7:45 and hold out for an outside table. It's even where I wound up popping the question.

Not to the wife I have now, though, and believe me she never lets me forget it.

Just kidding, it's where I asked my wife. The one I have now. Not the one she doesn't know about yet.
Ive always wanted to eat there. We have hit that magical time where we will be going back just the 2 of us, as my daughter is of age, and my Wife gave her the ultimatum. If you want to go back with us, you can, just pay us your part., so at least the next one ( hoping and holding out for the 10th wedding anniversary at the world) will be just the 2 of us.

slappy magoo

Ive always wanted to eat there. We have hit that magical time where we will be going back just the 2 of us, as my daughter is of age, and my Wife gave her the ultimatum. If you want to go back with us, you can, just pay us your part., so at least the next one ( hoping and holding out for the 10th wedding anniversary at the world) will be just the 2 of us.
Well I hope you get your wish. One thing your servers don't always tell you - if for some reason they can't seat you outside...or if your reservation is earlier in the evening and you just can't stretch it out to 9...they do allow customers to head out to their patio or other sections of the restaurant's "real estate" to watch the show. Not as romantic as sitting there at a table holding hands, but also not as packed as most other viewing places, either.

Mainahman

Original Poster
Well I hope you get your wish. One thing your servers don't always tell you - if for some reason they can't seat you outside...or if your reservation is earlier in the evening and you just can't stretch it out to 9...they do allow customers to head out to their patio or other sections of the restaurant's "real estate" to watch the show. Not as romantic as sitting there at a table holding hands, but also not as packed as most other viewing places, either.
Im dropping pretty good hints. haha shes got another 1.5 years before wed actually be leaving. I can drop lots of disney hints in that time!

KBLovedDisney

Eh he...um order pizza for room delivery and watch tv shows while chilling out in our beds.

As for in the parks, I honestly can not think of one thing we strive for on a romantic basis because honestly, we go for vacation and a getaway. Not really looking for a romantic time there.

Emyli Mouse

The last "date" we had at WDW we were staying at Fort Wilderness, so we took the boat to the MK, then took the monorail around to GF, went to Mizner's for drinks, walked the path through both pools to the Poly, had dinner at 'Ohana with a view of the castle, then hung out on the beach for a little while. Lastly, we took the ferry to the boat dock at the Ticket and Transportation Center and watched the fireworks from there. We were the only people on the boat back to the MK. It was magical!

Mainahman

Original Poster
Thanks all! I think as much as we love the parks, a Verandah room on the northern Caribbean cruise may be what we do with Disney next year, and save our next trip for 2020, or 2021.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom