Favorite Rides That Aren't Rides

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
Outside of the actual in-park rides, there are other 'rides' (for lack of a better term) that are basically just forms of Disney transportation that can still be enjoyable in their own right. What are your favorites?

For example, I've always enjoyed the monorail.....whether it be the resort line, express, or Epcot line. I love that moment when you pass through the Contemporary, or on the Epcot monorail when you get your first glimpse of SSE and as you go by it and around Future World.....what a terrific entrance to the park. I also enjoy the ferries as well, whether it be from MK to GF to the Poly or MK to WL......they've just always felt like a bit of a ride in itself, and I can't help but love to take in the scenery. The ferry from MK to Poly to GF in particular is great during the nightly fireworks show at MK.

Marc Gil

Taking a Pontoon boat around Seven Seas and Bay Lake is the best. Also the monorail to Epcot is always fun, and the views are incredible.

belledream

I love the boat rides from HS/EPCOT to Swan & Dolphin, Yacht & Beach Club, and Boardwalk. The grounds seem so peaceful and my eyes just feast on the array of colors of each resort.

Last edited:

C&D

Depending on my 'condition' I'm good with: the bus, all the boats, the monorail, even the tread-way, and in the past, the tram (stay on site and don't use the parking lot anymore. And a taxi on a rare occasion.

BransonJ

The sea racers! It's been awile since I've done these but plan to do some type of water adventure this trip (parasailing seems pricey for such a short thing) Also plan to ride the paired bicycles on the boardwalk for the first time.

The Empress Lilly

I love everything that transports me at WDW! (Except buses) From the trams in the parking lot to the friendship boats to the ferries. Rides in their own right to me!

My fav has to be the monorail from the TTC to the MK. Still the fairest of them all!

PhilharMagician

My single favorite ride of all time was a bus ride on WDW transport when I saw Spaceship Earth for the first time in my life through the window of that bus and I was giddy like a school girl. I can so clearly in my mind remember that very moment even today @ more than 20 years later. From the day that the big opening ceremony for Epcot aired on TV until that day I was always in awe of Epcot and it did not let me down.

I am just thankful that my first visit was in 1993 when Epcot was amazing and flourishing. Epcot is still great today, but it has lost a lot of it's character.

KDiS88

Definitely the monorail. My dad is always saying how we can stay somewhere other than the contemporary but I'm like then I can't ride the monorail as much. I love riding the monorail from my resort to the magic kingdom or Epcot!

Padraig

Segway tour in Epcot was so much fun. Such a shame they don't do it anymore. :(

Such a fantastic experience, especially if you opted for the first tour and got to see World Showcase as it was being set up before the crowds descended for the day. Also, for us, made memorable by the CM that was leading it that day: Mike. He asked us where we were from and we told him Ireland. Asked specifically and I said Cork city... in the south of the country I explained. He then shocked us by saying he was from "Gran" (pronounced like brawn with a g) and is local shorthand for Gurranabraher an area of the northside of Cork city. Turns out he emigrated 50 years ago. It was the first Corkonian CM I've ever met.

Also, I do love the Sea Racers.

KCheatle

In order:

(1) The plane ride to MCO. There is seriously no moment of my trip when I'm happier than take off to MCO because at that point, it's official and there's nothing that can stop it now!
(2) The last minute of DME when we pull up to the WL :)
(3) The boat ride to and from WL and MK
(4) The monorail to Epcot. We will take the boat from WL to MK just to take hte mono to Epcot. That's how much we love arriving at Epcot via the mono ;)

Scooter

My wife and I Love taking the Friendships boat ride from Hollywood Studios to Epcot. It's relaxing and there's almost always a nice cool breeze. It's also nice to just be able to sit for a while after all the walking we do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom