Favorite Restaurant?

TwirlGirl

Original Poster
Out of the following options which theme park do you think has the best restaurants?

A. The Magic Kingdom
B. Epcot
C. MGM Studios
D. Animal Kingdom
E. Downtown Disney
F. Plesure Island
G. Hotel/Resort

KimnAbby

I'm such a food-ie, it's too hard for me to pick which park has the best! My favorite restaurant is the Cape May Cafe in The Yacht and Beach Club resort. They have great food, tons of choices and how many places let you color on the table cloth? My four year old loves that part the best!

I also love, in terms of fast food, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe and the Columbia Harbor House. We discovered Cosmic Ray's completly on accident and it quickly became my favorite.

I do love Epcot though because there are so many choices. We usually don't eat in any of the fancier, more expensive places. I've only eaten in the Coral Reef restaurant once (although it was really awesome!). I do like that you can get so many different types of food. I love Mexican and Chinese, so it's perfect!

vilegirl

For me it's definitely Epcot. Le Cellier, Alfredo di Roma's, Rose and Crown, Nine Dragons...the list just goes on and on. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.:slurp:

coltow

Good Question.
I think it's a toss up between EPCOT and the resorts. EPCOT is great and all the restaurants are in 1 place. DH and I like to go to the resorts for a few meals too, there are many top-notch places spread out through them.

tomm4004

Resorts. No contest. Jiko, Citricos, Artist's Point, V&A. Boma, Cape May, even Trail's End is fun. Spoodles. Ohana. Kona Cafe. Narcoosees. GF Cafe. The list goes on. Boardwalk Bakery.....

EPCOT is a distant second.

PixieDust2006

I agree...the resorts. I love O'Hana, Trail's End (at the end of a really long, hot day-they have sweet tea).

Epcot-probably because you can eat just about anything there.

tigsmom

While EPCOT has some very nice restaurants, I'll go with the Resorts. We love the Yachtsman Steakhouse, The Whispering Canyon Cafe, Chef Mickey's, 'Ohana...I could go on and on. :lol:

doop

It's Epcot for me. You can choose from any of the countries and dine with that particular flavor. I think to have that choice is what makes dining at Epcot very unique.

Without a doubt

The resorts without a doubt...O'hanas, Artist Point, Cape May Cafe, The Yachtsman Steakhouse were all places we just ate the second week of January...Alfredo's on the other hand left a whole lot to be desired. I read that in some other postings and they were right. And I'm not a picky eater...not by far. I am on a diet now...that meal plan is a killer. I think the whole family gained weight.:)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I would say Epcot in either case, but if you cheat and say Epcot plus walking out the back of the park to the nearby resorts, there is no question that that's the winner.

AK unfortunately is the big looser...no restaurant (yet), Flame Tree, Pizzafari, and Restaurantosaurus are about it now that they've ruined Tusker...:mad:

tigsmom

I would say Epcot in either case, but if you cheat and say Epcot plus walking out the back of the park to the nearby resorts, there is no question that that's the winner.

AK unfortunately is the big looser...no restaurant (yet), Flame Tree, Pizzafari, and Restaurantosaurus are about it now that they've ruined Tusker...:mad:

CT, last I heard there hasn't been a change over yet. Have things changed?

tomm4004

'Ohana...

We've had: Ohana (my bad), O'hana and O'hanas (Irish/Hawaiian restaurants). It's nice that someone actually knows what it's called.

With AK there were obviously no plans for anyone to eat dinner given the early closing. I would say that the seating area for Flame Tree is as nice as you'll get anywhere.

What puts the Resorts above Epcot for me is that you can really have a relaxed, stretched-out meal - if that's what you're looking for. We've eaten at Jiko and Citricos and basically been there all night. Epcot feels a little more table-turning rushed.

As for the benefit of the different national cuisines at Epcot, I wonder if it's possible to get that same variety at the Resorts? Do any of them have sushi or Chinese food? Or couscous?

Hammer1310

Resorts by far. We had Boma, Spoodles and Whispering Canyon last month and were pretty impressed, especially at Wilderness Lodge. Whispering Canyon is fun, comfortable and the all you can eat (sorry, "all you care to enjoy") was great. Ask for Little Mama, she's a hoot.

Valawen9

My favorite restaurant is Ohana in the Polynesian. Went there for my birthday over the weekend and its soooo good! Can't wait to go back. :slurp:

Sparkle81

I think Epcot is pretty great for both variety available and the quality of the food. Only downside that I've found is trying to decide which one to go to!!

Chevross

I would pick Epcot, but my favorite restaurant is in Magic Kingdom. Tony's Town Square is the best in my opinion, but Epcot has more variety.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom