Favorite Restaurant?

Runny Babbit

fav.

i love MJM their dinner is like sitting at home all the tables have a dinning room theme it feels like home so if you are staying in wdw and get home sick a lot go there:king: :sohappy: :lol: :wave: :ROFLOL: :lol: LOL

davinakb

Not too long ago I'd have said EPCOT, because of the variety. But now that we have the DDE discount card, we're working our way around all the resorts. Jiko, Boma, CG, AP, the list goes on and we have more to try.

George

Liker of Things
Nice question. I have to go with the resorts. I always try to check out a resort we haven't seen yet around meal time so I can turn to the family and say, "Look. Its lunch time. I guess we'll have to eat here."

VoiceGuy07

Resorts. No contest. Jiko, Citricos, Artist's Point, V&A. Boma, Cape May, even Trail's End is fun. Spoodles. Ohana. Kona Cafe. Narcoosees. GF Cafe. The list goes on. Boardwalk Bakery.....

EPCOT is a distant second.

Have to agree, Citrico's is a must each time we visit. Ask for Jamie if you get a chance - one of the best servers on the property. Also enjoy Jiko,
V & A (when budget permits) and Flying Fish.

As for the parks, EPCOT has the best dining by far. Le Cellier, Rose and Crown, Teppanyaki Grill, and Chefs de France. Haven't been to Alfredo di Roma or Coral Reef yet.

tomm4004

Anyone have favorites at Downtown Disney?

We like Wolfgang Puck Express. Good pizza and sandwiches. We've eaten at a few of the DD places, like Bongos, Portobello, WP sitdown place and Rainforest and P. Hollywood. The first three were nice but they all tend to be up-tempo and very noisy. Good for groups certainly. It just depends on what you're looking for. I don't think they are good if you want a quiet, relaxing dinner.

beachclubbasics

We've had: Ohana (my bad), O'hana and O'hanas (Irish/Hawaiian restaurants). It's nice that someone actually knows what it's called.

With AK there were obviously no plans for anyone to eat dinner given the early closing. I would say that the seating area for Flame Tree is as nice as you'll get anywhere.

What puts the Resorts above Epcot for me is that you can really have a relaxed, stretched-out meal - if that's what you're looking for. We've eaten at Jiko and Citricos and basically been there all night. Epcot feels a little more table-turning rushed.

As for the benefit of the different national cuisines at Epcot, I wonder if it's possible to get that same variety at the Resorts? Do any of them have sushi or Chinese food? Or couscous?

The Swan has a good sushi place called Kimonos. We usualy stay at the Nick Hotel the first two nights that we are in Florida, we ditch the 12 year old at the Nick after dark program and get sushi there (because the 12 year old actually begs to go to Nick After Dark and he also hates sushi). My older kids love kimonos beause they study Japanese culture in school and speak Japanese. For the same reason we love Teppanyaki at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom